Possible C63 purchase, need advice

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-24-2013, 10:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 VW GLI, 2013 VW GTI
Possible C63 purchase, need advice

Hey all,

I am in the market for a new car and I have really had a hankering for a AMG. To give you a little background on myself and what i like in a car, I have been a BMW guy since I could afford to pay for my own car. I liked them so much that I went to work for them for six years. I have owned pretty much every model they make. I used to race SCCA and really enjoy a car that I can DD and take to track days. I have always had a manual trans. performance car, most of my vehicles haves been heavily modded also.

I am wondering how a "performance" oriented driver like myself would enjoy a C63 with an auto trans. I enjoy turning the TCS off and clutch kicking around some corners. I just dont know if I would regret getting the car once the "new" factor wears off and I am wanting to push a third pedal.

As far as modding goes, do you guys see many issues with these things? Parts going bad after a while due to bolt ons? I would probably end up doing every bolt on possible to this car. I am looking at 2011 or 2012s as far as this car goes. I am pretty sure I am going to wait till I can find a P31 package and I have read that everyone says its better to have the forged internals. I dont mind the maintenance but I dont want to have a transmission go out on me down the road.

My third concern is handling, I have owned a few M3s and I really enjoy the weight distribution and raw agility. I have read a lot of stuff that says the C63 doest really do that well through the twistys. I am wondering if this can be corrected with some good aftermarket suspension or is the car just too much of a torque monster?

I really appreciate anyone response, I just cant make up my mind so I thought I would join this forum and start speaking with you all

Thank you
Old 12-24-2013, 10:44 AM

08 C63
I, like you, was a hard core BMW guy.

What changed my mind? I drove one.

Words cannot accuratley convey the feeling of a 3rd gear pull in a C63.

My suggestion would be to go drive one.

On another note I convinced 2 other die hard BMW guys to get C63's.
This has been the most trouble free car I have ever owned, and she does not lead an easy life!
Old 12-24-2013, 10:54 AM

2012 VW GLI, 2013 VW GTI
I drove a buddys C55 for a few months and I enjoyed the power, the seats however where not very comfortable on long drives. Any thoughts on that?
Old 12-24-2013, 10:56 AM

08 C63
I don't have any experience with the C55.

I am about 5'6 and 175 lbs and put 70,000 miles in 20 months on my car… I found the seats super comfortable.
Old 12-24-2013, 12:50 PM

2012 VW GLI, 2013 VW GTI
Originally Posted by bmwcousins
I don't have any experience with the C55.

I am about 5'6 and 175 lbs and put 70,000 miles in 20 months on my car… I found the seats super comfortable.
The seats in the C63 seem to look better then the C55, they SUCKED