C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

Selling a brand new fully-built Weistec trans!

Old 12-30-2013, 06:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 92 Likes on 81 Posts
C63 AMG
Selling a brand new fully-built Weistec trans!

Well my project didn't work out due to timing. I couldn't get the new fully-built trans installed at Weistec in the time window I needed so it's now up for sale, price TBD after I speak to Weistec next week. I essentially want what I have into it including the cost of the core trans so if you're interested PM me and when the price is set I'll PM back. It's still at Weistec currently. Thanks and Happy New Year to all.

Last edited by bhamg; 12-30-2013 at 06:16 PM.
Old 01-01-2014, 03:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 285 Likes on 183 Posts
10 C six trizzle
well that sucks to hear. This is going to be somewhat complicated as the valve body houses the transmission control module thats vin coded/mated to each car - if it was entirely brand new it's never been mated, but once mated it would wipe off any software they put on it so it'd have to get sent back. The rest of the transmission would go right in no problem. It's going to be tough for you to get all of your money back. good luck.
Old 01-01-2014, 05:34 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
S550 on order
were you going a stage 3 or something? I was reading a few weeks back that they are running a stage 2 c63 with a stock tranny for 1yr+ with no issues
Old 01-01-2014, 06:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63 AMG
Originally Posted by roadtalontsi
well that sucks to hear. This is going to be somewhat complicated as the valve body houses the transmission control module thats vin coded/mated to each car - if it was entirely brand new it's never been mated, but once mated it would wipe off any software they put on it so it'd have to get sent back. The rest of the transmission would go right in no problem. It's going to be tough for you to get all of your money back. good luck.
It does suck, but this trans was never mated, that was to be part of the install.

Originally Posted by avery.whss
were you going a stage 3 or something? I was reading a few weeks back that they are running a stage 2 c63 with a stock tranny for 1yr+ with no issues
Stage 3 was potentially in the future but the Bulletproof trans was part of a project/experiment to absolutely maximize the performance of an NA car before that "next step" hopefully without destroying the inherent refinement of a DD.

It may seem an odd thing to others but this is just me. I wasn't going to mention it but Pertplus' thread makes it more pertinent. I had a drop-dead date for the install. When my trans was shipped to Weistec I was #8 in the trans queue. No one called to tell me it was done (perhaps three more weeks had gone by) and to follow up and schedule the full-day install that we had spoken about. So I called ten days before it was going to the body shop (no install possible from then on) and was surprised to find out a) it had been done for a while and b) they couldn't accommodate the install on any day during the following week.

And why was there a drop-dead date in the first place? It's because long ago I set up an appointment that couldn't be broken at my body shop for a complete cosmetic makeover which included some addition painted mods. I do this periodically - just tell the shop to do whatever they have to do on any and every panel to make a car look as like-new again as possible - and my car is now in its 17th day there. I make sure any mechanical work - however minor - is done before it heads into the body shop. No exceptions allowed, ever.

I've learned the hard way that mechanical techs just don't think about cosmetics the way the car owner needs them to think. Steve at Weistec (absolutely a first-class, stand-up guy BTW) could stand over his techs and not take his eyes off them for one second for the whole day and it wouldn't make a difference now...the deal was sealed when I couldn't be fit into the schedule and we had wasted valuable weeks idling away already. So no hard feelings from me at all because by nature I never look back at these things. It's just too bad it turned out like this after the effort to make it happen but c'est la vie!
Old 01-01-2014, 06:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 42 Likes on 36 Posts
C63 AMG
Takes 3-4 hrs to throw the tranny in, very easy with the right tools.
Old 01-01-2014, 08:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63 AMG
It is too bad but thanks for your thoughts. I do think I was on to something with the Wavetrac/Weistec combo approach. My friend and I did our test run switching between our cars and we totally agreed about the differences in feel and function of the OE LSD vs. the Wavetrac. Not to say that one is conclusively better than the other but just that the Wavetrac might have mated up beautifully with the Bulletproof trans in my application. BTW I got a good price on my core trans so this combo might be more affordable than you think!
Old 01-01-2014, 08:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 53 Likes on 43 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
Reprogramming the tcu to another ecu is easier than you think. Whomever buys the transmission would just need to send their ecu to Weistec and they can mate the two, it is a fairly simple procedure seeing the the transmission is already out of a vehicle and sitting at Weistec.

Last edited by jrcart; 01-01-2014 at 09:01 PM.
Old 01-01-2014, 11:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 285 Likes on 183 Posts
10 C six trizzle
Originally Posted by jrcart
Reprogramming the tcu to another ecu is easier than you think. Whomever buys the transmission would just need to send their ecu to Weistec and they can mate the two, it is a fairly simple procedure seeing the the transmission is already out of a vehicle and sitting at Weistec.
I know it's not complicated. Just whoever buys this needs to be aware. Once they install it in there car and mate it the their car, the tcu will have to be sent back to weistec to get reprogrammed. Obviously not an issue if it is getting done in house.
Old 01-05-2014, 01:21 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2010 C63 P31 AMG
Originally Posted by bhamg
Well my project didn't work out due to timing. I couldn't get the new fully-built trans installed at Weistec in the time window I needed so it's now up for sale, price TBD after I speak to Weistec next week. I essentially want what I have into it including the cost of the core trans so if you're interested PM me and when the price is set I'll PM back. It's still at Weistec currently. Thanks and Happy New Year to all.
Please pm quote thanks
Old 01-07-2014, 12:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 C63
Could you pm me the quote
Old 01-07-2014, 01:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63 AMG
To all who have Pm'd or posted here I'll get the PM's out by Friday - thanks for your interest.
Old 01-07-2014, 08:19 PM

C63 w/p30; MHP ECU tune+header+mids+CF air intake duct+Akrapovic+wide body kit+ Vorsteiner VS110
Has E63 with M156 the exactly same engine and tranny as C63? So, E63 with M156 can buy and use this new built tranny without any issue?
If yes, the owner of E63 with M156 only need to send ECU to Weistec for being reprogrammed and matched the new Weistec tranny, right?
Old 09-10-2014, 09:20 AM

E 63 AMG 2010
transmission

Has it been sold already?
Old 09-11-2014, 07:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63 AMG
Originally Posted by Hellbruegge
Has it been sold already?
Nope, it's still at Weistec. Crazy as it sounds after one year I still haven't ever seen it! Weistec has been very cool about it though and all along I've thought that installing it in my car is a scenario that could eventually come to pass. I stopped by Weistec a month ago and Anthony and I talked about it. It's still status quo though, no firm decisions made and still wide open.
Old 09-11-2014, 08:52 PM

E 63 AMG 2010
Weistec trans

Originally Posted by bhamg
Nope, it's still at Weistec. Crazy as it sounds after one year I still haven't ever seen it! Weistec has been very cool about it though and all along I've thought that installing it in my car is a scenario that could eventually come to pass. I stopped by Weistec a month ago and Anthony and I talked about it. It's still status quo though, no firm decisions made and still wide open.
Could you pm me the quote
Does it have a torque converter?