C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

Caliper Painting Service - Cores back in stock

Old 01-21-2014, 07:51 PM
Banned

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
a car
Caliper Painting Service - Cores back in stock

I know a lot of members here have done this program with us with tons of success!

I have my core set back from a recently completed job and no one in cue so offering this up to the masses.

Contact me for current pricing or if you would like to schedule an installation. Cores are being prepped right now, ready for any color paint imaginable to minimize downtime!

Some examples of jobs done in the past

Old 01-23-2014, 01:04 PM
Banned

a car
Bump.
Old 01-23-2014, 03:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
A V8
where can i get decals?
Old 01-28-2014, 08:06 PM

Received 40 Likes on 37 Posts
S63
Bump for Tal, just ordered a set of calipers with some Girodisc rotors... Can't wait to get them!
Old 01-31-2014, 09:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 C63
Can you PM me the steps needed and the price please.
Old 01-31-2014, 11:03 PM

c63
Wow , They look fantastic.

Looks like a powdercoating or 2pak clear on those.

We offer a similar service in Melbourne Australia

We have 2 options , either paint the calipers while they are on the car , or remove them and paint them as a component , with decals also added.

Here is a link to some pictures for anyone in Melbourne

http://www.easycalipers.com
Old 02-02-2014, 03:20 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
2009 c63
pm me price for some red calipers
Old 05-12-2014, 03:12 PM
Banned

a car
Bump, I have the core set back in stock and unspoken for

PM me if you would like to take advantage of this service!
Old 05-12-2014, 03:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
C63 AMG
Awesome stuff Tal!
I am curious to what degree are the calipers inspected before they are painted and shipped to the new owner. I would hate to turn in a perfectly working set to receive a set where a piston seizes or something. Is there any sort of warranty on them?

PM pricing please.

Copper please:
Old 05-12-2014, 03:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 369 Likes on 184 Posts
C63 AMG
Good question,

I'm looking at these calipers and realized that ACG are painting the Pistons and seals as well!!!

Unless they are providing a new set of dust boots and oil seals, I would be a bit cautious with painting the pistons and all the moving parts of the caliper.

Tal care to let us know whats up?

Originally Posted by Autosport7
Awesome stuff Tal!
I am curious to what degree are the calipers inspected before they are painted and shipped to the new owner. I would hate to turn in a perfectly working set to receive a set where a piston seizes or something. Is there any sort of warranty on them?

PM pricing please.

Copper please:
Old 05-15-2014, 03:29 PM

2010 C63 AMG Sedan
Originally Posted by Kriston
Good question,

I'm looking at these calipers and realized that ACG are painting the Pistons and seals as well!!!

Unless they are providing a new set of dust boots and oil seals, I would be a bit cautious with painting the pistons and all the moving parts of the caliper.

Tal care to let us know whats up?
They are not painting the pistons, the pictures are most likely with painters tape still installed so they appear to be painted...all moveable parts are just covered during the painting process.
Old 05-15-2014, 03:31 PM

2010 C63 AMG Sedan
Awesome stuff Tal!

PM pricing please.

Copper please:
Great color choice, just had this color...or well a similar color done!
Old 05-15-2014, 05:30 PM
Banned

a car
Every core set of calipers is inspected for anything that would be suspect and if anything is damaged or needs to be replaced we will bill the previous customer for said parts.

And we prep and tape everything off that you would not want to paint to touch such as the bleeders, pistons, seals etc...

If you have questions on pricing please send me an email or PM.
Old 05-15-2014, 06:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63 AMG
Tal, appreciate your reply.

I am simply commenting on what i seen in the pictures you posted. You did not mask off any of the moving parts before painting it. The pistons and seals are painted over. This is common sense, I don't know why you guys won't cover the moving parts. If ACG is comfortable in taking on the liability of painting a component to a vehicle as important as the brakes. I would have hoped you would do your ut-most to ensure they are done properly.

Take a look at the blue set and the yellow Porsche set you posted. They are not masked off.

If i were to pay 600 bucks to have my callipers painted, I would go as far as replacing the seals and dust boots as well. Suggest you guys include that as an option. If I had you do my callipers and received them like in the pictures you posted. I would have some serious issues.

Originally Posted by Tal@ACGAutomotive
Every core set of calipers is inspected for anything that would be suspect and if anything is damaged or needs to be replaced we will bill the previous customer for said parts.

And we prep and tape everything off that you would not want to paint to touch such as the bleeders, pistons, seals etc...

If you have questions on pricing please send me an email or PM.

Last edited by Kriston; 05-15-2014 at 06:22 PM.
Old 05-15-2014, 07:04 PM

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
2011 C300 4Matic Sport

I am simply commenting on what i seen in the pictures you posted. You did not mask off any of the moving parts before painting it. The pistons and seals are painted over. This is common sense, I don't know why you guys won't cover the moving parts. If ACG is comfortable in taking on the liability of painting a component to a vehicle as important as the brakes. I would have hoped you would do your ut-most to ensure they are done properly.

Take a look at the blue set and the yellow Porsche set you posted. They are not masked off.

If i were to pay 600 bucks to have my callipers painted, I would go as far as replacing the seals and dust boots as well. Suggest you guys include that as an option. If I had you do my callipers and received them like in the pictures you posted. I would have some serious issues.
Do you challenge every vendor on here?
Old 05-15-2014, 08:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63 AMG
Do I come off on challenging every vendor? If so I apologize.

If I am trying to look out for the community and ensure they are recieving a product that is not only worth the premium we are paying to have it done, but to ensure the parts are safe then yes, I am guilty of that.

Have a good one,

Originally Posted by w204_Generic
Old 05-15-2014, 08:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63 AMG

I never got a reply to my post regarding a quote for the color I posted above. Are you saying they are quoting $600 for painting calipers? Man they are nice! Quality looks great!

Last edited by Autosport7; 05-15-2014 at 08:28 PM.
Old 05-15-2014, 08:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63 AMG
Originally Posted by w204_Generic
Do I come off on challenging every vendor? If so I apologize.

If I am trying to look out for the community and ensure they are recieving a product that is not only worth the premium we are paying to have it done, but to ensure the parts are safe then yes, I am guilty of that.

Have a good one,
Man I really don't take this as "challenging". I would say Kristin has some knowledge and is trying to share that with the community and if he sees something such as this he brings it to the attention of the proper individuals.

Would you rather he PM's them and keeps it between them? If this is the case then the rest of the community has no knowledge of it. He is just getting clarification for himself as well as others as far as I can tell...
Old 05-15-2014, 08:25 PM
Banned

a car
I never got a reply to my post regarding a quote for the color I posted above. Are you saying they are quoting $600 for painting calipers?
For standard colors of paint (Red, Black, Yellow etc) with no pearl and any custom decal we charge $650.

For any custom color with multiple stages of clear coat or pearl and any custom decal we charge $850.

Hope that helps with your pricing questions.
Old 05-15-2014, 08:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63 AMG
Originally Posted by oneandonly5680
They are not painting the pistons, the pictures are most likely with painters tape still installed so they appear to be painted...all moveable parts are just covered during the painting process.
Don't know that I agree with this totally. Some of the pics do not stand behind these remarks.
Old 05-15-2014, 08:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63 AMG
Originally Posted by Tal@ACGAutomotive
For standard colors of paint (Red, Black, Yellow etc) with no pearl and any custom decal we charge $650.

For any custom color with multiple stages of clear coat or pearl and any custom decal we charge $850.

Hope that helps with your pricing questions.
Thanks Tal, a pm would have sufficed, but I'm glad to see your a vendor not all about hidden pricing.
I was just about to touch base with my local body shop to see where they'd be. I will be in touch and thanks again.
Old 05-15-2014, 10:28 PM

2010 C63 AMG Sedan
Don't know that I agree with this totally. Some of the pics do not stand behind these remarks.
My calipers were just painted by them and there was tape on all moveable parts. ACG stated they don't paint them so now if they do they would be liable for doing so...but again they stated they do not and I can vouch for it.
Old 05-16-2014, 06:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63 AMG
Originally Posted by oneandonly5680
My calipers were just painted by them and there was tape on all moveable parts. ACG stated they don't paint them so now if they do they would be liable for doing so...but again they stated they do not and I can vouch for it.
Whew that's good news.
Tal getting back to warranty, is there anything or is it just a risk? I only ask as calipers can hang up at any given time without introducing a new paint job. I'd hate to give mine as a core and 2 months later, I hit my brakes and its pulling left or right...
Odds are prob slim but that isn't an AutoZone caliper if you catch my drift.
Thanks Tal.
Old 05-19-2014, 01:07 PM
Banned

a car
Whew that's good news.
Tal getting back to warranty, is there anything or is it just a risk? I only ask as calipers can hang up at any given time without introducing a new paint job. I'd hate to give mine as a core and 2 months later, I hit my brakes and its pulling left or right...
Odds are prob slim but that isn't an AutoZone caliper if you catch my drift.
Thanks Tal.
We don't have an expressed warranty for the calipers other than the paint work itself.

We do inspect them to a degree that if deemed unusable or parts need to be replace then we bill the previous owner appropriately for to fix or replace any component.

That being said if you had a caliper fail and it was proved that paint work indeed caused a failure (which has never happened in the history of us providing this service) I would do everything in my power to get you taken care of.
Old 06-05-2014, 09:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63 AMG
Thanks Tal great replies! I'm still kicking this around, I think that copper would accentuate all my cf bits real nice!
Do you send them to me, then I send you mine once installed?

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Caliper Painting Service - Cores back in stock