Schedule services question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-26-2014, 05:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 C63
Schedule services question

Can anyone verify if oil change and all fluids are topped off at all service intervals at the dealer? i used to stick with the oil changes at 10k as i was told by the dealer. lately since the mileage has been getting up there (since about i've hit 50k) i've been doing them at 5k in between services as well.

Had last scheduled service at the dealer at 80k. They've never given me any reason to 2nd guess their work so I never did. i'm currently around 85000 miles, and I recently had the check oil level at next refueling, was due for an oil change anyway so i didn't worry about it too much but i checked it and figured okay, burning a little extra oil, no big deal. But I also noticed they didn't top off my washer fluid either, as i don't think i've ever had to put washer fluid myself in all the time i've had the car. Not that this is a big deal of course, but I'm thinking what if they didn't do an oil change at 80k and they also did not top off my washer fluid, so I'm starting to think what else didn't they do?

am i reading too much into this? maybe it's all in my head?

Last edited by drawde; 01-26-2014 at 05:20 AM.
Old 01-26-2014, 05:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 846 Likes on 594 Posts
E63S | X5
I don't see why they would do an oil change at that 80k unless you specifically asked/paid for one.

As for the washer fluid, could just be they missed it or just someone else servicing your car. I don't even pay attention really to things like that. If I were you, I wouldn't lose too much sleep over it.
Old 01-26-2014, 11:19 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 431 Likes on 354 Posts
2012 C63;1971 280SE 3.5(Sold);2023 EQS 450 SUV 4 Matic (Wife's)
Why not ask your SA what their policy is on a full service and if it is the same for a mid service oil change. They may have under filled your oil on the last service and forgot to top off your windshield washer fluid. If you just inquire and don't make a big deal out of it they may make sure the tech is more thorough.
Old 01-26-2014, 04:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 C63
Originally Posted by Mort
Why not ask your SA what their policy is on a full service and if it is the same for a mid service oil change. They may have under filled your oil on the last service and forgot to top off your windshield washer fluid. If you just inquire and don't make a big deal out of it they may make sure the tech is more thorough.
sorry forgot to mention, the midservice oil changes are done at an indy shop, not the dealer, so they should still change my oil at scheduled services. i found a service sheet and it says it's supposed to be done at all services.
Old 01-26-2014, 06:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 431 Likes on 354 Posts
2012 C63;1971 280SE 3.5(Sold);2023 EQS 450 SUV 4 Matic (Wife's)
Yes the oil should be changed at all 10K services. They may have forgotten to fill the windshield washer or you may have used it up over 5000 miles. The washer may have a leak which you can tell if you fill it up and keep an eye on it for a while. The add oil warning may be a little higher consumption or as I said perhaps the tech under filled it a little at the last service. If you monitor it now you will get a better idea. Also it may be a good idea to check the level after a service or oil change to ensure it has been filled to the correct level. I wouldn't get too paranoid at this point. You can keep a little closer eye on it just to satisfy your curiosity.