What's in your garage (part 2)?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-17-2014, 12:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
C63 AMG
What's in your garage (part 2)?

This is kind of in conjunction with the other thread, but this one is directed toward your garage finishes...
I know with the cars in the other thread there have to be some nice headquarters where they sleep!
What shelving, cabinetry, flooring, paint schemes have you got?

Feel free to post up your entire house pics as well.
I will update once I snap a few pics later today.
Old 02-17-2014, 01:48 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
your mom
very interesting thread.. waiting for some eye-candy..
Old 02-17-2014, 01:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 24 Likes on 11 Posts
97 Porsche GT2 Wide Bodied Cabrio, Mercedes G500
Currently building my garage and house. (Garage most important hahaha)
Right now fully spray foam insulated, drywalled and water drains.

There's going to be tiled floors, work bench, wash sink, 2 post lift and heat.

It's not going to be the best garage everyone has seen, but it'll be enough for me.

Last edited by Rsquad911; 02-17-2014 at 01:51 PM.
Old 02-17-2014, 04:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 846 Likes on 594 Posts
E63S | X5
Surely there will be some awesome garages here... I might as well share. Nothing too crazy.

Not too much of a story here. I just got bored one day and went to home depot, bought some paint, cheap tiles, and just went with it. Spent ~$300. Some before and after.

Spots on the back wall are pieces of plywood, not the paint being jacked up.

Old 02-17-2014, 04:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 C63 AMG, 2012 Callaway Corvette, 2010 Range Sport SC, 2013 Chevy Dually, 2012 Harley V-Rod
It may not be the prettiest but its functional!

Old 02-17-2014, 04:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63S | X5
^ I can't even begin to tell you how badly I want a lift. I'm actually designing a house that I plan to build and much of it is being built around a garage capable of a lift and 4-5 cars.

That is awesome. Bet that ZR1 is slow
Old 02-17-2014, 04:51 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C63 507, 911 Carrera, Range Rover, Disco
Small but works

The 507 shares with the 911, it is small but functional.
Attached Thumbnails What's in your garage (part 2)?-photo-3.jpg   What's in your garage (part 2)?-photo-13.jpg   What's in your garage (part 2)?-photo-15.jpg  
Old 02-17-2014, 04:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63S | X5
And I thought I had a lot of tools...
Old 02-17-2014, 05:13 PM

2013 C63 AMG, 2012 Callaway Corvette, 2010 Range Sport SC, 2013 Chevy Dually, 2012 Harley V-Rod
Originally Posted by PurpleHeartAMG
^ I can't even begin to tell you how badly I want a lift. I'm actually designing a house that I plan to build and much of it is being built around a garage capable of a lift and 4-5 cars.

That is awesome. Bet that ZR1 is slow
Once you have a lift, you wont be able to remember how you ever lived without one!!

The fastest one there is the older coupe thats on the lift.
That was when I was installing twin turbos on it.
Old 02-17-2014, 07:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63S | X5
Seems like you have quite the corvette fetish. I'm not against it...

My garage that I posted is only about 9 feet tall inside and pretty small. It would just be ridiculous to even consider a lift in there. When I park the C in there I have to open my door very slowly and rest it against the wall. I can't even get it one full "click" or whatever open. Luckily I'm a small person.
Old 02-17-2014, 08:15 PM

Originally Posted by PurpleHeartAMG
Seems like you have quite the corvette fetish. I'm not against it...

My garage that I posted is only about 9 feet tall inside and pretty small. It would just be ridiculous to even consider a lift in there. When I park the C in there I have to open my door very slowly and rest it against the wall. I can't even get it one full "click" or whatever open. Luckily I'm a small person.
The white one was my wifes and the blue one was the race car that my daughter and I raced.
Both are gone now. The white one is what we traded in for the C63 and the race car we sold to look for a more appropriate one.
Old 02-17-2014, 08:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 53 Likes on 43 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
Garage or GARAGE? This is one of my "garages" so I guess it counts lol
Attached Thumbnails What's in your garage (part 2)?-img_1504.jpg   What's in your garage (part 2)?-img_9370.jpg   What's in your garage (part 2)?-20130910_180009.jpg   What's in your garage (part 2)?-20130910_160445.jpg  
Old 02-17-2014, 11:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 286 Likes on 184 Posts
10 C six trizzle
please post other garages lol. That is just boss.
Old 02-18-2014, 03:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 370 Likes on 212 Posts
c63
^^^^^ yes post my garages jr lol
Old 02-18-2014, 09:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63 AMG
My wife and I just built our house just under 2 years ago and I have some plans for our garage. As it stands it has some cabinetry in it and the walls are all finished and painted, but the flooring needs to be completed. I also have some plans for ceiling storage space as well.
I will post up a pic as soon as I can snag one.

Can I get opinions on flooring from you guys who have it?
I am up in the air as to what I want to do there. I was thinking ceramic tile as it looks incredible. I have also considered the plastic snap together tiles, epoxy, and stain. I have also seen guys who have put in vinyl tile for their garages that looked rather good. I am curious as to what you guys have to say about the longevity of some of your products.

Last edited by Autosport7; 02-18-2014 at 09:36 AM.
Old 02-18-2014, 10:18 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Autosport7
My wife and I just built our house just under 2 years ago and I have some plans for our garage. As it stands it has some cabinetry in it and the walls are all finished and painted, but the flooring needs to be completed. I also have some plans for ceiling storage space as well.
I will post up a pic as soon as I can snag one.

Can I get opinions on flooring from you guys who have it?
I am up in the air as to what I want to do there. I was thinking ceramic tile as it looks incredible. I have also considered the plastic snap together tiles, epoxy, and stain. I have also seen guys who have put in vinyl tile for their garages that looked rather good. I am curious as to what you guys have to say about the longevity of some of your products.
I had tile in my home garage, it looked nice but my biggest complaint was how slick it got when it was wet. I even went with a tile that was made for outdoors and had a high friction/traction rating. My other issue with the tile was that I cracked a few of them with my motorcycle kickstands, all that weight of the bike being distributed over a 1"x1" kick stand must be too much for the tile to handle. I eventually had all the tile ripped out and had a professional epoxy floor installed, a super high end one where they build up layers of a silica sand and clear epoxy, it took them days to complete it. i have had that floor for over 5 years now and it looks as good as the day it was installed. It is super durable and they let you pick the different colors of sand so it makes for an attractive floor.
Old 02-18-2014, 10:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63 AMG
Originally Posted by jrcart
I had tile in my home garage, it looked nice but my biggest complaint was how slick it got when it was wet. I even went with a tile that was made for outdoors and had a high friction/traction rating. My other issue with the tile was that I cracked a few of them with my motorcycle kickstands, all that weight of the bike being distributed over a 1"x1" kick stand must be too much for the tile to handle. I eventually had all the tile ripped out and had a professional epoxy floor installed, a super high end one where they build up layers of a silica sand and clear epoxy, it took them days to complete it. i have had that floor for over 5 years now and it looks as good as the day it was installed. It is super durable and they let you pick the different colors of sand so it makes for an attractive floor.
That sounds awesome! I want something I won't have to redo for a long time, if ever. I hear the store bought epoxy 2 steps are junk. They tend to lift and peel under the tires.
Old 02-18-2014, 11:22 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
C63
Pics below are some fairly recent pics of my garage..pardon the non-Mercedes pics The only difference is we have cleared out one corner for a tornado safe to go in today. Most of my cars sit in a warehouse now though as my kids are walking around and shutting doors, so its getting a touch tight/scary keeping 3 cars at home in the garage
Attached Thumbnails What's in your garage (part 2)?-garage.jpg   What's in your garage (part 2)?-e30e36garage2.jpg   What's in your garage (part 2)?-e30garage.jpg   What's in your garage (part 2)?-e30garage2.jpg  
Old 02-18-2014, 12:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63 AMG
Originally Posted by robbys3m3
Pics below are some fairly recent pics of my garage..pardon the non-Mercedes pics The only difference is we have cleared out one corner for a tornado safe to go in today. Most of my cars sit in a warehouse now though as my kids are walking around and shutting doors, so its getting a touch tight/scary keeping 3 cars at home in the garage
Sweet! And I love your choice of vehicles!
You must have an outdoor shed or storage space as I don't see mowers, bicycles, or powerwheels! lol
Or you don't ride bicycles and you pay to have your lawn manicured!
Old 02-18-2014, 01:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

The 71 Bronco is in my opinion the coolest ride on your list, and quite an impressive list it is. Please share some pics of the Bronco. I am always kinda in the market for both a 71 Bronco and a 70 Dodge Daytona Superbird but the perfect ones have eluded me until this point.
Old 02-18-2014, 02:30 PM

C63
Originally Posted by Autosport7
Sweet! And I love your choice of vehicles!
You must have an outdoor shed or storage space as I don't see mowers, bicycles, or powerwheels! lol
Or you don't ride bicycles and you pay to have your lawn manicured!

Thanks! Ya I have a side yard area thats's somewhat covered where I keep any of my lawn equipment..not optimum but id rather not have that stuff in the garage if I can help it.

don't really ride bikes, but in the next few years when my girls are a touch older im sure my garage will be filled with those, and who knows what else!
Old 02-18-2014, 02:40 PM

C63
The 71 Bronco is in my opinion the coolest ride on your list, and quite an impressive list it is. Please share some pics of the Bronco. I am always kinda in the market for both a 71 Bronco and a 70 Dodge Daytona Superbird but the perfect ones have eluded me until this point.

Thanks JR...means a lot. Ya, I'm pretty excited about the Bronco...it's just about done with paint and then we will reassemble....we started with a rust free, mechanically sound bronco, but we still are redoing pretty much the whole thing...just how it has turned out. I really don't have any pics yet, but will look quite similar to the attached when done. it will never have a top on it and should be fun later on when my little girls are a little older to cruise around town, etc...

sorry to take the thread off topic..thanks again for the compliments.
Attached Thumbnails What's in your garage (part 2)?-bluebronco.jpg  
Old 02-18-2014, 03:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 408 Likes on 290 Posts
'10 C63
^^^that is a sick Bronco. I'm a sucker for old school trucks like that. No BS. Just something that can take you anywhere and not distract you with electronic do-dads and double clutch gearboxes.
Old 02-18-2014, 03:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Thanks JR...means a lot. Ya, I'm pretty excited about the Bronco...it's just about done with paint and then we will reassemble....we started with a rust free, mechanically sound bronco, but we still are redoing pretty much the whole thing...just how it has turned out. I really don't have any pics yet, but will look quite similar to the attached when done. it will never have a top on it and should be fun later on when my little girls are a little older to cruise around town, etc...

sorry to take the thread off topic..thanks again for the compliments.
I need to buy one of those soon. I bid on one at an auction last summer but price went pretty high pretty fast and I was not in love with the color and a couple other little things on it. It was one of those situations where I liked about 80% of what was done to it and if I could have scored it at a decent price I could have dumped another $8,000-$10,000 in it for some paint and interior and it would have been perfect. It had the a 351 V8 engine conversion already in it, modern suspension and lift, modern 4-wheel discs and a solid steel body. I would consider an International Scout as well if it were done properly.

Last edited by jrcart; 02-18-2014 at 03:57 PM.
Old 02-18-2014, 08:24 PM

C63
I need to buy one of those soon. I bid on one at an auction last summer but price went pretty high pretty fast and I was not in love with the color and a couple other little things on it. It was one of those situations where I liked about 80% of what was done to it and if I could have scored it at a decent price I could have dumped another $8,000-$10,000 in it for some paint and interior and it would have been perfect. It had the a 351 V8 engine conversion already in it, modern suspension and lift, modern 4-wheel discs and a solid steel body. I would consider an International Scout as well if it were done properly.
Totally understand what you are saying...mine needed more work but wanted it that way and paid accordingly I think...rust free was my biggest prerequisite.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: What's in your garage (part 2)?