Heavy gas pedal

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-18-2014, 09:41 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2009 Barolo red C63 AMG (SOLD).13' P31 c63 coupe 2012 porsche panamera
Heavy gas pedal

Hey guys,

I've never had this happen to me so its extremely weird. I finally got my long tube headers fixed and installed correctly, i think. Mb did all the work to fix a bad install. Basically, any gear other than comfort, the pedal resists, feels like it kind of vibrates up to 10 mph. No other gear no other speed. Its a strong resistance not something you can ignore. Thought maybe something was stuck so i vacuumed to no success. Anyone know why this is happening? Could it be from the headers? It feels like whatever is causing the issue could be my headers/where my primaries were shaking vigorously.
Old 02-18-2014, 05:30 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
S550 on order
Originally Posted by MaroonC63
Hey guys,

I've never had this happen to me so its extremely weird. I finally got my long tube headers fixed and installed correctly, i think. Mb did all the work to fix a bad install. Basically, any gear other than comfort, the pedal resists, feels like it kind of vibrates up to 10 mph. No other gear no other speed. Its a strong resistance not something you can ignore. Thought maybe something was stuck so i vacuumed to no success. Anyone know why this is happening? Could it be from the headers? It feels like whatever is causing the issue could be my headers/where my primaries were shaking vigorously.
you convinced a MB dealer to install headers? thats wild ..maybe check for any leaks on any tubing that you can access? god knows what they touched or bumped into
Old 02-19-2014, 12:15 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2009 Barolo red C63 AMG (SOLD).13' P31 c63 coupe 2012 porsche panamera
Originally Posted by avery.whss
you convinced a MB dealer to install headers? thats wild ..maybe check for any leaks on any tubing that you can access? god knows what they touched or bumped into
They were actually fixing a bad install my last shop did. My SA is a mod enthusiast and loves modded amgs. He owns a tuned cla45 himself i believe. They fixed the leaks and clamped them down because for some reason my shop never put the clamps on lol. Gonna have it inspected tomorrow, its something right under the driver's floor thats shaking or vibrating upon acceleration.
Old 02-19-2014, 05:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 42 Likes on 31 Posts
2009 C63 AMG
If it's that bad you're prolly just causing engine knock, which is pulling timing? Not really sure?