C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

Anyone have the Vorsteiner facelift front lip?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-18-2014, 04:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 C63 AMG
Anyone have the Vorsteiner facelift front lip?

So I cracked my ModeCarbon Luftstrom front spoiler pretty badly this weekend... oops. Now I'm trying to decide if I should go with that same one again, or maybe go with the Vorsteiner facelift front lip.

My concerns are
1. I've never seen one of them in person. How is the fitment for them? Do they look good in person? Better than in photos? Or possibly not as good as in photos? I love the looks of the Luftstrom front lip I had, but to be completely honest, I wasn't completely stoked with the fitment of it.

2. It looks like I'd lose a bit of front ground clearance with the Vorsteiner lip. I just had my car dropped on KW coilovers recently, so this could become an issue.

3. The Vorsteiner is almost double the price. $2k for a nonfunctional (but sexy) CF lip is harder for me to justify. Though sometimes it's hard to put a price on good looks...

Anyway, just looking for people who've bought/installed this lip and their feedback on it. Thanks!

This one (mode carbon)....
Anyone have the Vorsteiner facelift front lip?-25w8zgx.jpg

...or This (Vorsteiner)
Anyone have the Vorsteiner facelift front lip?-tp2txlw.jpg
Old 02-18-2014, 04:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 93 Likes on 78 Posts
'20 GLC300 SUV
Originally Posted by anthonymckay
So I cracked my ModeCarbon Luftstrom front spoiler pretty badly this weekend... oops. Now I'm trying to decide if I should go with that same one again, or maybe go with the Vorsteiner facelift front lip.

My concerns are
1. I've never seen one of them in person. How is the fitment for them? Do they look good in person? Better than in photos? Or possibly not as good as in photos? I love the looks of the Luftstrom front lip I had, but to be completely honest, I wasn't completely stoked with the fitment of it.

2. It looks like I'd lose a bit of front ground clearance with the Vorsteiner lip. I just had my car dropped on KW coilovers recently, so this could become an issue.

3. The Vorsteiner is almost double the price. $2k for a nonfunctional (but sexy) CF lip is harder for me to justify. Though sometimes it's hard to put a price on good looks...

Anyway, just looking for people who've bought/installed this lip and their feedback on it. Thanks!

This one (mode carbon)....

...or This (Vorsteiner)
I don't have the Vorsteiner lip (I have the Mode Carbon OEM Front Replacement Lip) but my advice would be that since you cracked the Mode Carbon one, it might be unwise to go with the Vorsteiner one because it will be even more susceptible to damage because of the lower clearance.

I had a pretty aggressive lip (M Performance) on my last F30 M Sport 335i. I loved the way it looked but it negatively impacted how I drove the car.

In the end, it became more of a pain than anything. I had to constantly modulate the throttle on bad roads and take seemingly every driveway and entrance at an angle (and at a snail's pace).

Last edited by zibby43; 02-18-2014 at 04:50 PM.
Old 02-18-2014, 05:27 PM

scooter
If I am not mistaken, one of the spoilers is $2k, and the other is $1k.

That is a bit out of the park for something that can get damaged so easily. Are the other styles on the market just not that great of quality for $300-$500?

The Mode Carbon is the best looking of the bunch (IMO), but I could never justify the price.
Old 02-18-2014, 06:18 PM
EAS
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Dynojet Facility, Anaheim CA
We have had both at our shop. Fitment wasnt bad on either of them. The Mode Carbon one does tuck up higher than the Vorsteiner. If ground clearance is an issue the Mode Carbon offers more. Obviously there is a price difference but just goes into preference of which style you like.

This car below has the V3's on it

Stock Height

Kevin S. | european auto source (eas)
email: Kevin@europeanautosource.com • web: www.europeanautosource.com • tel 866.669.0705 • ca: 714.369.8524 x31

GET DAILY UPDATES ON OUR BLOG
Facebook Post
http://www.flickr.com/photos/europeanautosource/sets/http://instagram.com/europeanautosource#
[/QUOTE]
Old 02-18-2014, 08:29 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2009 040 Black C63, 2009 Arctic White G55, 2012 Storm Red CLS550 4Matic
Mode Carbon piece looks better imo!
Old 02-18-2014, 10:03 PM

2013 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by zibby43
I don't have the Vorsteiner lip (I have the Mode Carbon OEM Front Replacement Lip) but my advice would be that since you cracked the Mode Carbon one, it might be unwise to go with the Vorsteiner one because it will be even more susceptible to damage because of the lower clearance.

I had a pretty aggressive lip (M Performance) on my last F30 M Sport 335i. I loved the way it looked but it negatively impacted how I drove the car.

In the end, it became more of a pain than anything. I had to constantly modulate the throttle on bad roads and take seemingly every driveway and entrance at an angle (and at a snail's pace).

Well, the crack in it was my own fault. haha. Pulled into a friends garage just a bit too far and accidentally pinned his kids powerwheels harley between my car and the wall. I heard a plastic crunch, and thought I'd broked his little motorcycle, but nope! The toy motorcycle was fine, and my lip was cracked, haha.

But yeah, that was my main concern if I got that vorsteiner style lip. Though I just looked on ebay and saw some replicas for ~400, so I might grab one of those and see how I like it. If not then I'll just order another mode carbon lip.
Old 02-18-2014, 10:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 42 Likes on 31 Posts
2009 C63 AMG
I wish Mode made the lip for pre-FL models still

GL with the new lip, whichever u choose bro! I like the Mode better...
Old 02-18-2014, 10:25 PM

2010 C63
I spent over $4000 on Vorsteiner products for my E46 M3 and had bad fitment issues with my hood and bumper. I tried to contact Vorsteiner about it and they pretty much told me to go kick rocks. The customer service is zero. Carbon pattern is excellent however. I know lots of people have had great luck but not me. MODE Carbon looks excellent from what I've seen so far and will probably be purchasing my carbon pieces from them. Just my two cents!
Old 02-18-2014, 10:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts
Yes
Vorsteiner looks tacky IMO. Mode also looks out of place. My 2c.
Old 02-19-2014, 02:09 AM

2013 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by rory breaker
Vorsteiner looks tacky IMO. Mode also looks out of place. My 2c.
Haha, fair enough. So what would you go with then? I'm open to other suggestions if people know of options I'm not aware of
Old 02-19-2014, 07:29 AM

scooter
Perhaps everyone can post up what model they have, how god/bad the fit was, and the cost? If there is another thread with all the available styles in it, I have not found it.
Old 02-22-2014, 12:21 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 169 Likes on 118 Posts
E90 M3, F80 M3, C63 507, F90 M5
Hmmm. Tough choice but I would have to say Mode Carbon
Old 02-22-2014, 12:41 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2009 Barolo red C63 AMG (SOLD).13' P31 c63 coupe 2012 porsche panamera
Originally Posted by Mode Carbon
Hmmm. Tough choice but I would have to say Mode Carbon
Im with mode carbon on this one, another + for mode carbon from me. Never had fitment issues myself, i wonder why you claim you did, did you DIY? Call me biased, but Mode carbon's customer service blows everyone out of the water.
Old 02-22-2014, 11:15 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 169 Likes on 118 Posts
E90 M3, F80 M3, C63 507, F90 M5
Originally Posted by MaroonC63
Im with mode carbon on this one, another + for mode carbon from me. Never had fitment issues myself, i wonder why you claim you did, did you DIY? Call me biased, but Mode carbon's customer service blows everyone out of the water.
Thank you brother that means a lot.
Old 02-22-2014, 11:18 AM

2009 c63 AMG
Mode carbon and don't look back. Perfect figment, perfect weave and great service. Go mode carbon all the way
Old 02-22-2014, 10:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
507 SEDAN
If you are looking for an opinion, regardless of price, I do not like the Luftstrom. I just do not like how it dies out after it wraps the corner, in front of the front wheels. It soft of dies off. and just makes a tail/point in the middle of the bumper. I like a cleaner look that caps off at the end and base of the bumper.

Obviously, it is just my opinion.
Old 02-23-2014, 08:43 PM

c63c 507, E350, C300
here is on my car