C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

Unfortunately.. :(

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-01-2014, 02:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63 P31 Coupe 13'
Unhappy Unfortunately.. :(

I decided not to buy the white c63 coupe 2012.
- It is only driven 10,000KM
- Full option

But, unfortunately.. after deciding to take the car for full check up service at the Mercedes main garage in my country, the car appeared to have a mystery that the company wasn't able to figure out. They said, "The car is perfect in everything. Except, a mystery in the engine light. The guy who owns the car did something to the car's computer, in which made it more powerful or something like that in someway. The car haven't got into our company for any service like oil etc.. for 384 days. So it is up to you if you still want the car + its not under warranty."

Now, the guy who was selling me the car seemed to be a great person! However, I won't pay that amount of money and then something appears wrong in the car! It was being sold for a great price which made me wonder why..
Probably I won't be getting a c63 anymore ... Maybe someday.. I was so excited as you guys saw. I kept on imagining how the car would look like..But, that is life. Sometimes you don't get what you want.

Old 03-01-2014, 03:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
C63 AMG
If there is a check engine light on, it should not be a mystery. Take it to an MB dealer and find out what's wrong. It could be something very simple. I wouldn't let a tune deter you from purchasing a car.
Old 03-01-2014, 03:22 PM

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts
2013 C63 Coupe
The owner may have got a ECU tune. But that's only my speculation. You should have asked the dealer what codes they found... That could provide some clues. Many of us on this forum have our ECU tuned as well as other mods. I cannot believe what they found is something of a total mystery... This engine has been around awhile... Most of what is known about this engine can be found in discussion on this forum... Just research. The MB dealer seemed too vague or your explanation was. I wouldn't completely give up on this.
Old 03-01-2014, 03:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 92 Likes on 81 Posts
C63 AMG
But is the VIN now tagged in the system?
Old 03-01-2014, 03:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 66 Likes on 49 Posts
'08 C63 Estate
And why is it a 2012 without warranty?
Old 03-01-2014, 04:04 PM

C63 P31 Coupe 13'
Originally Posted by olszowa12
And why is it a 2012 without warranty?
I know! Its killing me! I have no idea why! The guy who bought it didn't want to pay extra money! The car has not been into service or oil change for 384 days! Like I don't want to buy it and then when I do make car service stuff appear to be wrong.. The car was sold for a really cheap price! Like a very good price! Similar ones were more miles and more expensive. I started wondering whats wrong with that car? why would he sell it for that price! he surly can sell it for much higher!
Old 03-01-2014, 04:05 PM

C63 P31 Coupe 13'
Originally Posted by bhamg
But is the VIN now tagged in the system?
Sorry sir what does VIN mean?
Old 03-01-2014, 04:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 92 Likes on 81 Posts
C63 AMG
Originally Posted by El-Debs
Sorry sir what does VIN mean?
Vehicle Identification Number
Old 03-01-2014, 04:19 PM

C63 P31 Coupe 13'
Originally Posted by bhamg
Vehicle Identification Number
Then yes! they have the VIN tagged!
Old 03-01-2014, 05:43 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
2014 E63S Wagon, 2013 odyssey
Originally Posted by El-Debs
I know! Its killing me! I have no idea why! The guy who bought it didn't want to pay extra money! The car has not been into service or oil change for 384 days! Like I don't want to buy it and then when I do make car service stuff appear to be wrong.. The car was sold for a really cheap price! Like a very good price! Similar ones were more miles and more expensive. I started wondering whats wrong with that car? why would he sell it for that price! he surly can sell it for much higher!

I think you missed his point. If its only got 10,000Km on it (~6200 miles) and its a 2012 it should still have a factory warranty. I thought they came with 4 years/50,000 miles (in the US anyway).

As for them not being able to tell you what's wrong, like others have said if its throwing a code they should be able to tell you what's wrong. Maybe try another dealer (if possible)? Or if you are worried about a tune just have them flash it back to stock. Just odd they would basically go, "got me" on what the problem is.

Either way these cars are fun to drive and chances are you will put a tune in at some point
Old 03-01-2014, 05:51 PM

Received 35 Likes on 29 Posts
2012 C63 P31 sedan
If the ECU was tuned (and from what you describe it sounds like it) there is the possibility that Mercedes voided the drivetrain warranty. The warranty for other parts should still be good. Audi does the same thing.
Old 03-01-2014, 06:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
'12 C63 Black Series, '12 ML350 BlueTech
Yeah probably the tune voided the warranty. I'm pretty sure the car has headers too! Because throwing a CEL that the dealer is not able to fix is unusual. As for the service history could be the owner did the different oil change himself. And for 6200 miles the car should have had only one oil change done or 2 to the extreme. Not a big deal IMO unless you found the engine was running rough when you drove test it . Why MB is not doing an oil change before selling it?
By the way where are you located?
I wouldn't be afraid of that 2012 car with such low miles. Unless you know a major issue with it. What is the selling price?
Old 03-01-2014, 06:46 PM
Banned

Received 69 Likes on 58 Posts
'16 C63-S
Where do you live?
Old 03-01-2014, 09:43 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C63 AMG 507 Edition
Everyone seems to be the assumption that all is ok. I'm with el debs on this one, if the car is suspiciously cheap and the dealer flags a mystery engine light I would run a mile. There are plenty of these cars on the market, I'd just go for another.
Old 03-01-2014, 10:47 PM

C63 ///AMG P30
Originally Posted by - Guilty -
Where do you live?
Uh oh. What now?
Old 03-01-2014, 11:51 PM

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
Audi A5 6MT, C63 AMG
thats a bummer! but why are you giving up on the c63? i m sure you can some other 2012 with low miles if this one looks a bit risky to you.
Old 03-02-2014, 01:48 AM

C63 P31 Coupe 13'
Originally Posted by Bardman
Everyone seems to be the assumption that all is ok. I'm with el debs on this one, if the car is suspiciously cheap and the dealer flags a mystery engine light I would run a mile. There are plenty of these cars on the market, I'd just go for another.
Thank you man. You got what I mean. I am not a rich mother fu**er with lots of money.. I really was going to buy the car after the test! It was all done! I took the money from the bank and ready to pay that great price! It was a great price compared to the others! However, the car seemed to be suspicious with its engine. The car has no warranty according to the company because he did a specific tune, which I done know, but the company said personally for me, "its the chip/mother board of the car," that broke the warranty.

If I bought the car now and I decided to take it for a service which costs a lot here, I might find lots of **** that I have to pay to fix. If I am going to pay that amount of money, I will wait, search, and find a car that appears perfectly clean after the test.

Still, driving a c63 is my dream. I drove it only once last week and first time. It grew inside me so bad. Hopefully, I will be able to find one with a good price and condition someday..
Old 03-02-2014, 01:59 AM

C63 P31 Coupe 13'
Originally Posted by abcut973
Yeah probably the tune voided the warranty. I'm pretty sure the car has headers too! Because throwing a CEL that the dealer is not able to fix is unusual. As for the service history could be the owner did the different oil change himself. And for 6200 miles the car should have had only one oil change done or 2 to the extreme. Not a big deal IMO unless you found the engine was running rough when you drove test it . Why MB is not doing an oil change before selling it?
By the way where are you located?
I wouldn't be afraid of that 2012 car with such low miles. Unless you know a major issue with it. What is the selling price?
The price of the car was 65,906 USD. I know you may be surprised, but the new c63 are sold for 112,215 USD here. So that is why buying the one I wanted was a great deal in the beginning! Similar used cars to the one I wanted to buy costs 82,309 USD. Some of them are even in more miles.
Old 03-02-2014, 01:24 PM

C63
I'm sorry to hear that bro, was happy about you finally finding one.

Regarding the dealer report, I don't trust them on that as they should have more info about what's wrong with the car. Dealers in the gulf area are as bad as their price lists.

Did you try to check it in a car checking garage? They can figure out if the engine has any mods or any other things that may make you wanting to cancel the buying process. Is the chasis okay? Any aftermarket paint/dents? These can all be checked with these types of garages. We have plenty of them in Kuwait.

The price is kind of good as MBs depreciate baddly in our region. For a car that is at least a year and a half old and only 10Ks on the odometer it looks like the owner is a bit rich as he has bought a car for 110k and only driven it this much. Check qatarsale.com , the prices are very similar to what have you mentioned.

Long story short, don't trust a local MB dealer (at least in our area) and continue chasing your dream car.
Old 03-02-2014, 01:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
'12 C63 Black Series, '12 ML350 BlueTech
Looks like buying a C63 in your area is really expensive like in Australia.
My advice is if you cannot afford a C63 (running and maintenance) just stay away from it. I think members on this forum are not necessarily rich but they know what are the costs of owning and maintaining an AMG.
Good luck with the pursuit of your dream car
Old 03-02-2014, 03:11 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
S550 on order
i have a CEL the dealer has NO clue what the hell is going on, neither does TIPS MB in toronto...my car runs perfect too and MB even tells me that, had everything replaced too..intake,purge valve, some sensors..they legit have no clue why it comes on, did everything you guys recommended, so yes a mystery CEL can happen it isn't some "Fluke" ..and if you guys think you can fix my CEL then i'm all ears because everything that has been recommended so far hasn't made it go away, they clear it and within 25KM it comes back on, could be sitting in taffic too, I've even put everything back to stock, airboxes, tune etc..still comes on

Last edited by avery.whss; 03-02-2014 at 03:14 PM.
Old 03-02-2014, 05:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
C63 AMG
Originally Posted by Bardman
NO ONE assumes everything is fine, read the posts! All we're saying is to look into it before walking away. It could be a great opportunity to pick up a vehicle for a great price if the issue is minor. Facts are great but you have to dig a bit sometimes before the facts can be had. If I walked away from adversity every time I was faced with it, I would not be where I am in life!
Sometimes digging in a little uncovers a lot.
Old 03-02-2014, 05:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 286 Likes on 184 Posts
10 C six trizzle
Originally Posted by avery.whss
i have a CEL the dealer has NO clue what the hell is going on, neither does TIPS MB in toronto...my car runs perfect too and MB even tells me that, had everything replaced too..intake,purge valve, some sensors..they legit have no clue why it comes on, did everything you guys recommended, so yes a mystery CEL can happen it isn't some "Fluke" ..and if you guys think you can fix my CEL then i'm all ears because everything that has been recommended so far hasn't made it go away, they clear it and within 25KM it comes back on, could be sitting in taffic too, I've even put everything back to stock, airboxes, tune etc..still comes on
unless the description in xentry say "if no customer complaint ignore this fault code" than it's not a mystery code. mystery codes dont turn the check engine light on either. Drive your car to texas i will fix it