2009 C63 AMG Sedan Warranty Expired

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-17-2014, 10:07 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2009 C63 AMG, 2015 Toyota Tundra TRD PRO
2009 C63 AMG Sedan Warranty Expired

I own a 2009 C63 AMG

My warranty is over and I have almost 40,000 miles on it. (39,500 about)

I want to get warranty for my car but I don't which one to choose?

Who offers the best warranty for a fair price?

In the past my check engine light has lite up quite a number of times.

I've had piston problems and problems with some sort of pressure.
Old 03-18-2014, 10:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
09 c63 AMG
Hey im not sure about this but pretty sure. I just got my 09 last year with 50k. I now have 57k. Anyways I'm pretty sure there is only one company maybe another if you dig really hard, I dug and only found that CONTINENTAL WARRANTY INC was the only company that would do a extended warranty on this car bec it was a AMG not just a regular one (not that is matters bec they are both expensive as he--!) I paid over 4k just for a warranty that was 2 years! I believe they have like a 4 and 5 year warranty as well but god damn the price was crazy! On top of that, the kicker of all. If and when the warranty from factory expires or it might not matter but, you have to pay like 300 dollars for benz to inspect the car. If in when anything shows or fails on the car they will not cover it until YOU pay for it! Once you pay for it you have to pay to have the car inspected again by benz. (yup another inspection fee LOL) However once it pass's you are allowed to buy the warranty. Some BS i think all around. So hope your car has nothing wrong with it like mine did. Of coarse mine was the certified used BS so it was already inspected, I just had to pay the 4 grand or something like that. Im not sure what other company does the extended warranty on these cars but check out there website .... google continental warranty and check it out. Oh I also got the ultra care package.

Now that this is over with now the fun stuff. I am picking up my car today or tomorrow from the shop. The warranty just paid for itself, they had to replace the cams and buckets/lifters bec they went bad! As these motors are proun to fail in that area. Go figure but at least I got my moneys worth. I now think obviously that the 4 grand was worth it. Would have cost me more then that to fix it. The one thing they did not cover under the warranty was the I command switch, the rotating scrolling feature broke.

Hope this helps or is a start
Old 03-18-2014, 05:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jeep Grand Cherokee
jrtaylor I sense some disgust with the inspection process from the warranty company. It only seems logical if you ask me.

Vehicle Owner: I have this car with 40k miles on it, I'd like an extended warranty on it.

Warranty Company: OK, before we will provide you a warranty we need to have the car inspected to verify that there isn't currently $10k worth of work needing to be done to it and we're about to provide you a warranty that would cover that work for less than half that cost.

Vehicle Owner: Well that's about the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

So looking at it from their side of the table, it's completely understandable to require an inspection.
Old 03-22-2014, 11:55 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
SL55
I hear that a lot from clients- "Why do we have to get an inspection to buy the warranty?" It's very similiar to trying to buy insurance on your home after it has burned to the ground..