C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

Had multiple warnings come up on dash

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-26-2014, 10:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 57 Likes on 53 Posts
C63 AMG P30 *EuroCharged*| Porsche Cayenne | Buell XB9SX
I see your point ... for some reason I thought you meant replacing all the bolts on the affected head, not both heads. I've had my bolts already replaced under warranty, so I guess I'm "lucky". I also have another two years remaining on my ELW. having said that, though, I also understand some other members' point of view that taken as a whole, broken head bolts on the m156 may not be as rampant as may seem. i had a similar issue with my old c43...that car had a known problem with the tranny blowing up. luckily, I never had that issue even after a good 120k miles.
Old 03-31-2014, 05:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63s now in the garage. Sold-GLA45 AMG Edition 1, Sold-2010 Mercedes C63
UPDATE

not really surprised but the dealer said my car would be ready last Friday. It's now Monday and they are saying a couple more days or so. I'm glad they are taking their time, I just hope it's done correctly.

Anyone one else have a time frame when they got their head bolts changed?

Thanks,
Old 04-08-2014, 12:25 PM

UPDATE #2

This is week 3 my car has been at the dealer. Hope I get it back soon.
Old 04-08-2014, 07:50 PM

09 C63, 11 Cayenne S
To be honest you should be getting your car back anytime now. Just a heads up though, when they did mine they had the car for a month, in the summer time. That killed me!!!
Old 04-08-2014, 07:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 92 Likes on 81 Posts
C63 AMG
LFM- Is your car at the BMW Store or Jessel?
Old 04-08-2014, 11:28 PM

2010 C63 AMG
Not sure what the dealer told you but I don't see how those lights would have had anything to do with the headbolts lol. Sounds like a wheel speed sensor. Same exact thing happened to me when my car got stuck on ice and I kept spinning the rear wheels without spinning the fronts. The car eventually puts you in dyno mode...that's all. The reason the power steering shuts off is for some 'added safety' BS on the dyno.

Good luck with the head bolts. If this happens again, tell them to check the wheel speed/ABS sensors.
Old 04-09-2014, 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by adv4nced53
Not sure what the dealer told you but I don't see how those lights would have had anything to do with the headbolts lol. Sounds like a wheel speed sensor. Same exact thing happened to me when my car got stuck on ice and I kept spinning the rear wheels without spinning the fronts. The car eventually puts you in dyno mode...that's all. The reason the power steering shuts off is for some 'added safety' BS on the dyno.

Good luck with the head bolts. If this happens again, tell them to check the wheel speed/ABS sensors.
All my computers failed, that was the original reason for the trip to the dealer. I had a low coolant light come on 3 days before. I had them check into it while it was at the dealer. They discovered the head bolt problem then. I got really lucky. They had to order all new controllers from Germany so that is why my car is so long.
Old 04-09-2014, 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by bhamg
LFM- Is your car at the BMW Store or Jessel?
No??? Why do you ask if my car is at BMW dealer?
Old 04-09-2014, 04:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 763 Likes on 529 Posts
W204 C63 Coupe, W166 ML350 BlueTEC, 928GT, C5 Z06 & IS300 race cars, EQE 4Matic+ on order
Originally Posted by LFM_Vancouver
Hi everyone

Has this ever happened to anyone here? Driving along normally in comfort mode, and then you lose steering and brakes? Not completely but the steering becomes very difficult to turn (no power) and the brakes same thing.

EBD, ABS and ESC Inoperative
Run Flat indicator Inoperative appear on the dash with all the yellow symbols light up.

Anyway, car got loaded on to a flatbed and is at dealer now. Any experience with this?
Yup - apparently it has happened to a number of people, although they were mostly driving GM vehicles.
Old 04-09-2014, 05:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 92 Likes on 81 Posts
C63 AMG
No??? Why do you ask if my car is at BMW dealer?
Because I know/knew two highly qualified engine techs there...but then you reminded me that THIS IS AN AMG FORUM.
Old 04-19-2014, 04:53 PM

I have my car back!!! Over 3 weeks at the dealer. Head bolts replaced, gaskets, spark plugs, oil, coolant etc......
Interesting test to figure out coolant leak through the heads.
Pressurize the cooling system, check psi after 15 mins. If psi has dropped, start car and see if pressure returns. If pressure returns it means you are losing coolant in the combustion chamber.

interesting..
Old 07-14-2015, 12:55 AM

Received 72 Likes on 52 Posts
2018 e63s edition 1
I don't get how those symptoms related to the headbolt issue? I'm having similar problems but I'm late 2011 and confirmed outside the range. I'm also throwing a wheel speed sensor code via obd2 scan, but I'm getting all your exact symptoms EXCEPT no low coolant warning or issues.

Originally Posted by adv4nced53

I hope you're right!

Last edited by ShaneN.; 07-14-2015 at 01:01 AM.
Old 07-15-2015, 06:31 AM

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
2013 ML 350 Bluetec
Hi everyone

Has this ever happened to anyone here? Driving along normally in comfort mode, and then you lose steering and brakes? Not completely but the steering becomes very difficult to turn (no power) and the brakes same thing.

EBD, ABS and ESC Inoperative
Run Flat indicator Inoperative appear on the dash with all the yellow symbols light up.

Anyway, car got loaded on to a flatbed and is at dealer now. Any experience with this?
Ahhh, brings back old memories, same thing happened to me ended up being one of those WTF moments. Short version was a new battery fixed it and has not returned. Had the same messages and steering issue.

Richo
Old 07-15-2015, 09:52 PM

Received 72 Likes on 52 Posts
2018 e63s edition 1
Originally Posted by Steve Richo
Ahhh, brings back old memories, same thing happened to me ended up being one of those WTF moments. Short version was a new battery fixed it and has not returned. Had the same messages and steering issue.

Richo

That was the first thing the dealership thought of when I explained what was going on, they tested the battery and it's fine. I'm sure it's the original from 2011 though so I'll end up buying one over the next year probably. It's crazy how much they affect these cars when they start going.