C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

Eurocharged Tune

Old 04-19-2014, 05:09 PM

Received 38 Likes on 28 Posts
2011 C63
Originally Posted by skaarlaj
Also, I'm still on the stock air filters and charcoals, and I'd be willing to bet there's not one bit of restriction what-soever, very very good factory design imo. If I ever go with a blower, I'll probably still be on the stock filters, as I'll test some others and "not" use them if they are no better. Many, many people/companies trying to get your money out of your wallet and into theirs.

I could not agree with you more. A lot of people here think air filters are going to give them more power. In my experience the only time you get more power is if the original inlet system is very poorly designed or restricted and I agree it looks like Mercedes did a great job. It's a real cold air inlet and the filters are large. If people think the filters make a difference, remove them completely and run back to back runs on a dyno or at the drag strip. I'm betting there is no difference.
Old 04-19-2014, 08:54 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
S550 on order
my car use to choke so bad with the charcoals..I'd WOT it and the car would jerk/choke like it had no air, now I have ROW's and it never happens, i dont think you get much more WHP but i do believe the engine can suck in air quite a bit easier
Old 04-19-2014, 11:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 C63 P30
Here's my gains using a G-tech pro for the testing.

factory stock, on Nitto drag radials gave me 13.6@102
Eurocharged tune on the same drag radials gave me 13.2@108
Adding MHP headers, catless mids into factory resonator+re-tune for the headers gave me 12.3@117.

So my results were big with the tune and simply HUGE with the headers, my times are a little slow because I'm at 6500' elevation here in Wyoming. I'd expect a solid 11 second time-slip at any track below 3500' with a decent starting line. You'll love the tune though, and they re-tuned for my header installation free of charge, so you've made a good decision! I was skeptical spending close to 1000 bucks on a tune that would only cost about 400 bucks on a ford,chevy, dodge, but the gains where huge for the price imo. Also spending 2K on used headers was very, VERY tough to swallow, but gains of nearly a full second in the quarter is worth over double the money spent. Long story short, these cars respond VERY WELL to mods compared to any domestic vehicles I've messed with.

Good to hear man. Again I am surprised how well headers helped you at the altitude. I will be keeping my eyes peeled for a set of used headers

I am gonna be ordering my Eurocharged tuner very soon. Cant wait
Old 04-20-2014, 04:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
'12 C63 Black Series, '12 ML350 BlueTech
Originally Posted by oneandonly5680
I'm in Bossier City Louisiana actually...but wish I was back in Texas lol.
A fellow LA c63 owner. A shame you are so far up north
Old 04-20-2014, 09:14 AM

2010 C63 AMG Sedan
Originally Posted by abcut973
A fellow LA c63 owner. A shame you are so far up north
Haha yeah tge the Air Force put me up here.
Old 04-20-2014, 11:18 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
ford svt's, and C63!!!
Originally Posted by AMG Boost
Good to hear man. Again I am surprised how well headers helped you at the altitude. I will be keeping my eyes peeled for a set of used headers

I am gonna be ordering my Eurocharged tuner very soon. Cant wait
A lot of peple complain about how loud these cars are with headers, when you ge on it, or cold start, they are loud, but during regular cruising nobody but you would know you had them. I think a lot of people re-install the cross-brace that goes underneath the pipes leading into the resonator, and the pipes set on the brace ant transfer the vibrations into the cab, "badly" I simply run without the cross-brace with no ill-effects, but if you absolutely had to run one with headers, I think you could just have the center dropped down an inch or so to clear the pipes by an aluminum welder with no problem. I tried shimming mine down away from the floor-board, but could never get enough clearance. I've also heard MBH, makes a cross-bar for this reason, but it isn't on their web-site, and I've never called or emailed them about it, as I'm doin great without the cross-bar. But again, when I did try running the cross-bar, the vibrations coming into the cabin really did make the car seem like a loud pos.

Last edited by skaarlaj; 04-20-2014 at 11:20 AM. Reason: because I like Santa Clause
Old 04-20-2014, 12:35 PM

Received 58 Likes on 43 Posts
CL63 AMG
Also, I'm still on the stock air filters and charcoals, and I'd be willing to bet there's not one bit of restriction what-soever, very very good factory design imo. If I ever go with a blower, I'll probably still be on the stock filters, as I'll test some others and "not" use them if they are no better. Many, many people/companies trying to get your money out of your wallet and into theirs.
High flow air filter and charcoal delete has already been dyno proven to make 10hp on a stock car. On modded car the gains would be even more. This topic has been beaten with a dead horse, of course they make power, but most of the power comes from the charcoal delete, not the air filters. If you do one you might as well do the other
Old 04-20-2014, 05:56 PM

Received 38 Likes on 28 Posts
2011 C63
Originally Posted by ML63 AMG
High flow air filter and charcoal delete has already been dyno proven to make 10hp on a stock car. On modded car the gains would be even more. This topic has been beaten with a dead horse, of course they make power, but most of the power comes from the charcoal delete, not the air filters. If you do one you might as well do the other
I'm in the camp that the air filters are not worth 10hp, I'd buy 2 or 3 hp max, but that's just my opinion. I've taken out filters on cars in the past at the drag strip and have not seen a difference. I've never done it on a dyno though.

So I searched to see what I could find. Here's a statement on a person on this forum that did dyno runs:

"all in your head. my highest dyno without charcoals wasnt as high as with them. but varied within the same amount. id say no different"

Here's a response from Weistec:

"The result from our testing is in line with what others have claimed. We've seen a 3-8 wheel hp increase, the larger numbers coming from cars with other modifications and the lower numbers coming from standard vehicles."

This guy lost 1% in power on dyno pulls after the charcoal delete:

https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w...0-c63-p31.html
Old 04-20-2014, 09:42 PM

2010 C63 AMG Sedan
On another topic I am joining the club of people who got the "loose gas cap" warning and now a CEL. Since I now have the tune will it still be ok to take car to dealership for this issue?
Old 04-20-2014, 09:44 PM

2010 C63 AMG Sedan
Also note all of this happened before tune and charcoal delete so CEL is for cap issue. Haven't had code read yet though.
Old 04-20-2014, 09:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

How do you know it is the gas cap if you don't have the code yet?
You should be fine with MB dealer fixing it. If gas cap related it is not due to the tune but most likely by wear and tear from usage.
Old 04-20-2014, 10:00 PM

2010 C63 AMG Sedan
How do you know it is the gas cap if you don't have the code yet?
You should be fine with MB dealer fixing it. If gas cap related it is not due to the tune but most likely by wear and tear from usage.
Not saying it is the cap...that is just the warning I'm getting. I just don't want to take car to dealership with EC tune if they would see it or remap the ECU.
Old 04-20-2014, 10:02 PM

2010 C63 AMG Sedan
And yeah not the tune causing it....happened before I got tune.
Old 04-20-2014, 10:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I didn't know you could have this message on the dial.
Interesting ... if you want the dealer to fix it don't worry about the tune. They most likely won't check the ECU. They will diagnose the car to read the fault code and investigate the source. Even though they can see the tune worst case scenario will be you'll have to pay for the repair if the tune is the source of your problem.
For piece of mind if you don't have an OBDII reader go to the autozone or similar to get the code read. It's free.
Do you still have factory warranty?
Old 04-21-2014, 03:55 PM

2010 C63 AMG Sedan
I didn't know you could have this message on the dial.
Interesting ... if you want the dealer to fix it don't worry about the tune. They most likely won't check the ECU. They will diagnose the car to read the fault code and investigate the source. Even though they can see the tune worst case scenario will be you'll have to pay for the repair if the tune is the source of your problem.
For piece of mind if you don't have an OBDII reader go to the autozone or similar to get the code read. It's free.
Do you still have factory warranty?
Yeah still have 2 years left on warranty and code came out to be p0455 which is EVAP related I guess. I had autozone run it for me really quick today, will schedule appointment with dealership for next week sometime.
Old 04-21-2014, 08:02 PM

2010 C63 P30
Originally Posted by glennhl

This guy lost 1% in power on dyno pulls after the charcoal delete:

https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w...0-c63-p31.html
Just want to point out this is not really guaranteed info. The engine was loosing power due to heat soak IMO. Every one of his runs he lost about 2 WHP. I personally think removal of the carbon filter is very very negligible in terms of any power gain what so ever. But I highly doubt it would loose power.

Also from the dynos I have seen a drop in filter + carbon filter delete has shown about 5-10 whp up top.