Engine Problems!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-04-2014, 09:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63 amg 2010
Exclamation Engine Problems!!!

Hi Everyone,,,

I have a C63 amg 2010, and since I bought I had a lot of problems. First problem was the Intake manifold. Second problem, they said there is a problem with the cam springs, then they changed it. NOW!! they opened the hole engine apart and they did not know what is the problem. till now it has been in the dealership for three weeks. btw, I noticed a loose in power and bad sound in the engine.

What do you think guys, Do I sell my car ?

Thanks

Dyno-Comp tuning
MBH x-pipe
BMC Air filters
H&R sport springs
Super Sport Pilot tires

Last edited by mxalshamsi; 04-04-2014 at 10:43 PM. Reason: posting a picture
Old 04-04-2014, 09:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
02 CLK 55 AMG,09 C63 loaded with P30
How many miles on the car? Maybe you have a lemon.
Old 04-04-2014, 10:24 PM

C63 amg 2010
It has 46000miles, they changed the intake manifold when it has 32000miles, they changed the cam springs when it has 38000miles, btw after they changed the springs it sounds like a Diesel. what is lemon ?
Old 04-04-2014, 10:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
'12 C63 Black Series, '12 ML350 BlueTech
Why did you bring the car to the dealership in the first place?
CEL? Which codes?
Why is MB opening your engine?
You do not provide enough information so we can help you.
Old 04-04-2014, 10:37 PM

C63 amg 2010
Originally Posted by abcut973
Why did you bring the car to the dealership in the first place?
CEL? Which codes?
Why is MB opening your engine?
You do not provide enough information so we can help you.
Ok sorry, I brought to the dealership because its under the warranty. I didn't pay a $$, I don't know the codes, because they say it didn't show any codes. All the codes as they say been fixed when the change the intake. They opened the engine because they didn't know what was the problem of the sound and the low performance in the car. another thing I brought to another dealership because I called MBUSA about the other dealership. Because every time the fix something, another problem came up. and As the new dealership said; they contact AMG and they sent a guy to see the engine, and this guy ordered them to open the engine.

my car is tuned and before it gives me 450whp, and now it gives me 350whps.

T____T

Last edited by mxalshamsi; 04-04-2014 at 10:44 PM.
Old 04-04-2014, 11:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 286 Likes on 184 Posts
10 C six trizzle
well i wouldn't go broadcasting it's tuned on a public forum. However if it's a noise thats unrelated to something a tune could have caused and they cant figure it out. They will send them a new crate motor. From what you are describing it's hard to really determine anything. Could be poor installation, collapsed lifters, bent valves, incorrectly timed cams.... lots of things. As long as the pistons are melted/banged up and rods arent bent the tune didnt cause it and should be covered.
Old 04-05-2014, 12:10 AM

C63 amg 2010
Originally Posted by roadtalontsi
well i wouldn't go broadcasting it's tuned on a public forum. However if it's a noise thats unrelated to something a tune could have caused and they cant figure it out. They will send them a new crate motor. From what you are describing it's hard to really determine anything. Could be poor installation, collapsed lifters, bent valves, incorrectly timed cams.... lots of things. As long as the pistons are melted/banged up and rods arent bent the tune didnt cause it and should be covered.
will the tune wasn't the problem, since thy changed the intake I put it back as factory tuning. plus they dealership told me it was an installation problem. The other dealership misplaced the Cams in the engine then they fixed them. plus the new dealership told me they saw so scratches on the cams because of the misplacement...

thanks
Old 04-05-2014, 01:01 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 846 Likes on 594 Posts
E63S | X5
Misplaced cams? Maybe you're hearing some bent valve action if the timing is off by that much.
Old 04-05-2014, 04:45 AM

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
'16 CLS 63 S
It doesn't sound like a lemon (yet), just on-going problems from a **** poor service/maintenance. A lemon is a vehicle that, for some reason or another, has multiple severe problems. A lot of things can make a car a lemon, hopefully they put your engine back together correctly and don't miss placing a screw in or not tightening things down to the correct specs.