C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

My 2010 Trade-In is being sold with H&R's and EBC

Old 04-10-2014, 12:34 PM

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
2014 C63 AMG Edition 507
My 2010 Trade-In is being sold with H&R's and EBC

When I traded-in my 2010 for the 507, I was sure they would replace stock suspension and brake pads, but to my surprise; they were still on!

Car was immaculate, no dings, scratches; excellent interior; and brand new EBC Yellow Stuffs. Trade-in-guy said: "The cleanest 30k mile car I've ever seen".

Do you think its normal, or Dealer being lazy?
Attached Thumbnails My 2010 Trade-In is being sold with H&R's and EBC-004.jpg   My 2010 Trade-In is being sold with H&R's and EBC-003.jpg  

Last edited by Chemical7; 04-10-2014 at 12:46 PM.
Old 04-10-2014, 12:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
2017 Mini Cooper S Clubman ALL4 - British Racing Green
I doubt it is lazyness. Dealers have to handle parts somehow, removing the upgrades means they have to buy OEM (at cost of course), and they are most likely not going to resell the old used parts, so they would end up throwing them away. Makes sense to just keep them...

Although I am not sure they would warranty them.. dunno.. maybe it is lazyness
Old 04-10-2014, 01:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
C63 AMG
I think this is a wise dealer trying to sell a vehicle as is to ensure the utmost profit is made from it.
If the dealer is receiving less than positive feedback from the public on the aftermarket parts, they may entertain swapping it out, but I highly doubt it. Dealers aren't looking to invest anymore into a vehicle than necessary. Most looking at this car will enjoy the aftermarket stuff, and it only takes one to like it for a sale to happen.

Couple things:
- This is considered somewhat of a rare car, so when the right person locates it, they aren't going to complain about a minor mod.
- It takes the right type of buyer (established, enjoys finer things in life, loves cars) to buy this car, they may want a stock car, but as hard as they are to find, buyer wont mind too much. and may beat the dealer up a bit on it.

Having said that, if the buyer were smart he would utilize the springs as leverage (even if he did love them!) as the dealer would rather sell as is and deduct a grand off the car than get oem parts and pay his staff to install them.
Old 04-10-2014, 01:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
C63 AMG
Originally Posted by jvanbrecht
I doubt it is lazyness. Dealers have to handle parts somehow, removing the upgrades means they have to buy OEM (at cost of course), and they are most likely not going to resell the old used parts, so they would end up throwing them away. Makes sense to just keep them...

Although I am not sure they would warranty them.. dunno.. maybe it is lazyness
Actually, you may be surprised, dealerships make a lot of money selling mods off traded in vehicles, ebay is their friend! Hence anytime you go to trade a vehicle with aftermarket wheels and tires, they ask if the OEMs will be a part of the trade deal, they will sell the aftermarkets and put stock back on.
Old 04-10-2014, 02:04 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2009 Barolo red C63 AMG (SOLD).13' P31 c63 coupe 2012 porsche panamera
Originally Posted by Autosport7
Actually, you may be surprised, dealerships make a lot of money selling mods off traded in vehicles, ebay is their friend! Hence anytime you go to trade a vehicle with aftermarket wheels and tires, they ask if the OEMs will be a part of the trade deal, they will sell the aftermarkets and put stock back on.
That is correct.

A new buyer can usually always request OEM parts instead before he buys the car also.
Old 04-10-2014, 04:31 PM

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
2014 C63 AMG Edition 507
Yes, I shouldn't be surprised. Less work time + minimal parts = more profit. I suppose if I were a Dealer, I would do the same.

Last edited by Chemical7; 04-10-2014 at 08:32 PM.
Old 04-11-2014, 12:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
12 C63 : 03 Jetta
those cars looks great together! well most manufacturers won't allow a CPO stamp with aftermarket suspension, but I don't think it's laziness. it sounds like the used car manager is hoping to find a quick sale with the right customer. it would cost them more in parts and time to pay a tech do replace it. their watching the bottom line. definitely seems like a move the dealer I work for would do.