Oh boy...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-18-2014, 10:10 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 407 Likes on 289 Posts
'10 C63
Originally Posted by alpharabbit
Nice ferrari brz. haven't seen a front engine ferrari since the FF, this one must be 2015 model.
Yea. It's their new entry level model. Finally a Ferrari I can afford the maintenance on! I think I'll wait til the BRZ Scuderia comes out though...
Old 04-18-2014, 11:20 AM

Received 59 Likes on 45 Posts
14 550 sedan
I've definitely seen this car more than once. The guy is actually pretty cool. Back story is something along the lines of this,

One day he got his hub caps scratched and decided to go to a Nissan dealer to fix it. Dealer wanted to charge him $200 to fix each hubcap and he said "are you f--king serious?" After some back and forth quarrel, he said advertising isn't free and he'd rather advertise an MB than Nissan's POS. He initially wanted to do a kompressor badge but it was too long and not enough space so he stuck with AMG. He said one of the reasons why he's been sticking with it for so long were because rich kid in his neighborhood who don't know any better actually think it's an MB and compliment on how they would like that car too. He and his wife gets a good chuckle out of it.

It's been a while but it looks like he's around his 40s or 50s maybe. Every time I see a Sentra now I'm reminded of his c230 AMG lol..
Old 04-18-2014, 11:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
'13 CLS63 PP
Originally Posted by JPetros2008
i hope he does all the mechanic work himself. it'd be pretty awkward going to a shop and them trying to type in Mercedes C230 into their system and then trying to figure out what the hell is going on.
Good one
Old 04-18-2014, 01:13 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2009 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by LemonSqueezy
I've definitely seen this car more than once. The guy is actually pretty cool. Back story is something along the lines of this,

One day he got his hub caps scratched and decided to go to a Nissan dealer to fix it. Dealer wanted to charge him $200 to fix each hubcap and he said "are you f--king serious?" After some back and forth quarrel, he said advertising isn't free and he'd rather advertise an MB than Nissan's POS. He initially wanted to do a kompressor badge but it was too long and not enough space so he stuck with AMG. He said one of the reasons why he's been sticking with it for so long were because rich kid in his neighborhood who don't know any better actually think it's an MB and compliment on how they would like that car too. He and his wife gets a good chuckle out of it.

It's been a while but it looks like he's around his 40s or 50s maybe. Every time I see a Sentra now I'm reminded of his c230 AMG lol..
This back story is better, more than a simple laughter.
Old 04-18-2014, 04:30 PM
MBWorld God!

Received 3,351 Likes on 2,807 Posts
2012 CLS63
amazing find
Old 04-18-2014, 04:38 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2011 MB C63 AMG. 2014 MUSTANG COVERTIBLE V6. 2010 MUSTANG CONVERTIBLE V6.
saw this the other day
Old 04-18-2014, 05:20 PM

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
'16 CLS 63 S
I like the mis-matching side mirrors on the "merc"
Old 04-18-2014, 06:38 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
E63 M157
Originally Posted by LemonSqueezy

Haha that is pretty cool, so you originally went up to him to ask him about it?

By the way, any chance you was on 19th ave sometime last week? Seen a lowered & debadged E class with quad exhaust like the one on your sig
Old 04-18-2014, 09:35 PM

Received 59 Likes on 45 Posts
14 550 sedan
Originally Posted by ImportToAMG
Haha that is pretty cool, so you originally went up to him to ask him about it?

By the way, any chance you was on 19th ave sometime last week? Seen a lowered & debadged E class with quad exhaust like the one on your sig
Yeah a buddy of mine were about to grab a drink at Starbucks near the Costco in SSF and saw him. Like everyone, we went LOL whaaatt??, scratched our heads, and took some pics. He then followed us inside and that's when the big WHY question came up. He totally understands the hate coming from some people but could care less.

And it's possible it could have been me although most of the weekdays I'm in SJ.