A Few Questions... I Need Help!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-20-2014, 02:35 PM

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts
2018 E63s
A Few Questions... I Need Help!

Hello,

I have a few questions that I would like to know the answers of and I need your help MB World!

1) Where can i purchase a smoked side marker for the front bumper? I was thinking about installing a smoked and turn off the bulb? Has anyone done this before? The car is a 2014 C63 Coupe 507 Edition

2) I am looking to tune the car and I have noticed that the top tunes are EC, Wiestec, and Renntech? Do they void the cars warranty? I was aiming at Eurocharged specifically.

I have already ordered my Mode Carbon parts but they are out of stock and have been waiting for a month now so I will shoot the car after parts are installed. Coilovers arrive on Tuesday and will have them installed on Thursday! So here is a photo so far!

Old 04-20-2014, 02:58 PM

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
'16 CLS 63 S
If that is your car, it doesn't look like it has the side markers... usually they stick out like a Adam Ferrera's mole but I can't see one.
Old 04-20-2014, 03:02 PM

2018 E63s
Originally Posted by edwardsflight33
If that is your car, it doesn't look like it has the side markers... usually they stick out like a Adam Ferrera's mole but I can't see one.
They do have them I just photoshopped it off because it was sticking out like Adam Ferrera's mole
Old 04-20-2014, 03:20 PM

'16 CLS 63 S
Got ya. You can actually get the sidemarkers on ebay. Some of the forums on here have links to them if you do a forum search for side marker. Supposedly, for a tune to void the warranty in the US, Mercedes has to prove the tune has caused the malfunction. From what members have posted, some are lucky and their dealer knows about all the mods/tune and does work under warranty and some have had other results.

I just purchased the Eurocharged tune because I can always load the stock back in with the handheld (may make it harder to detect?) because I don't want to have to pay for any work that I don't absolutely have to. I take comfort in the fact that the car is at the end of its production cycle and through the years a lot of problems, like the headbolts, have been identified and corrected.
Old 04-20-2014, 03:29 PM

2018 E63s
Originally Posted by edwardsflight33
Got ya. You can actually get the sidemarkers on ebay. Some of the forums on here have links to them if you do a forum search for side marker. Supposedly, for a tune to void the warranty in the US, Mercedes has to prove the tune has caused the malfunction. From what members have posted, some are lucky and their dealer knows about all the mods/tune and does work under warranty and some have had other results.

I just purchased the Eurocharged tune because I can always load the stock back in with the handheld (may make it harder to detect?) because I don't want to have to pay for any work that I don't absolutely have to. I take comfort in the fact that the car is at the end of its production cycle and through the years a lot of problems, like the headbolts, have been identified and corrected.
Ahh, thanks for that input! I will take that into consideration. I just noticed that you have a 507 as well? Did you feel a major difference after tune? Approximately how many HP are you pushing?
Old 04-20-2014, 03:43 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
S550 on order
you can get the side markers painted the same color as the car..thats what i did with mine and they dont even look like they are there
Old 04-20-2014, 04:09 PM

'16 CLS 63 S
Haven't tuned it yet. Trying to find a shop to install my crank pulley. Just ordered some ROW boxes and AFE pro dry s air filters. Want to get a before and after dyno if possible. I am honestly not expecting much. Main reason for the tune is to up the top speed so I can keep going when my buddy's RS5 hits the 174 limiter
Old 04-20-2014, 04:10 PM

'16 CLS 63 S
Eventually I plan on getting some headers (next year probably) and then I'll be done with mods.