C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

Prospective buyer: C63 head bolts big problems? better/worse years?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-23-2014, 09:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
e90 328 xdrive, c63 p30+lsd
Prospective buyer: C63 head bolts big problems? better/worse years?

So prospective c63 buyer here. I've been reading up on head bolts and it seems two things are clear from the threads: they are very rare... and very bad.

Is this something to actually be worried about? Or is this kind of like the, "don't vaccinate your kids!" arguments whereby the chances of something happening that is bad is .00001%.

What concern level here? Are there certain years to be really concerned about? Did they fix this? If so, in what year?

Thanks guys!
Old 04-23-2014, 09:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63 ///AMG P30
Originally Posted by neoinarien
So prospective c63 buyer here. I've been reading up on head bolts and it seems two things are clear from the threads: they are very rare... and very bad. Is this something to actually be worried about? Or is this kind of like the, "don't vaccinate your kids!" arguments whereby the chances of something happening that is bad is .00001%. What concern level here? Are there certain years to be really concerned about? Did they fix this? If so, in what year? Thanks guys!
Very rare occurrence. There's more talk of it on forums than it actually happening. I read one happening on a E63.

2011 and above fixed the issue