C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

New Transmission Software = OMG

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-23-2014, 04:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63
Haven't been on the forums much so missed much of this thread.

I checked my invoice, but there is no code for the transmission update. My SA told me the only reason he knew is because someone had come in the week before and plugged in to find out there was an update.

So I told him to go ahead and plug mine in to see if I have one too and he did. There is no TSB for the update. The only way to find out is if you plug in your car.

Now I had a tune on the car when I brought it in. I wonder if the system checked the parameters and found different shift points from the tune and the update was to correct that. I'm just guessing because my SA has always been more than honest with me and taken care of me. Heck, they even re-surfaced my leather seats for me for free under CPO so I know they go above and beyond.

I'll stop by this weekend and see if I can get more info on if there is a code for the update or not. Like I said though, he told me the only way to know if there is an update for your vehicle is by plugging it in.
Old 05-23-2014, 10:33 AM
Banned

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
C63 AMG
Originally Posted by HoozyerdaddyC63
Haven't been on the forums much so missed much of this thread.

I checked my invoice, but there is no code for the transmission update. My SA told me the only reason he knew is because someone had come in the week before and plugged in to find out there was an update.

So I told him to go ahead and plug mine in to see if I have one too and he did. There is no TSB for the update. The only way to find out is if you plug in your car.

Now I had a tune on the car when I brought it in. I wonder if the system checked the parameters and found different shift points from the tune and the update was to correct that. I'm just guessing because my SA has always been more than honest with me and taken care of me. Heck, they even re-surfaced my leather seats for me for free under CPO so I know they go above and beyond.

I'll stop by this weekend and see if I can get more info on if there is a code for the update or not. Like I said though, he told me the only way to know if there is an update for your vehicle is by plugging it in.
My car was plugged in (twice 2 different dealers) no update
I can't imagine MB would issue revisions without any documentation what so ever
Also a sr trainer at mb usa said there was none as did corp mb usa
And many others here also have had their car plugged in-no update

I want this magic software

Last edited by Ingenieur; 05-23-2014 at 10:35 AM.
Old 05-24-2014, 12:01 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 286 Likes on 184 Posts
10 C six trizzle
new software comes out all the time without any notice of release or of what it changes. Which often creates more problems that weren't present before.

Im sure if you went through all the modules on your 2010 you'd have....
door control module updates, audio, central gateway, cluster, front and rear sam and thats just the beginning. What would these benefit? whoever knows wont ever tell you. My favorite updates are to things like seat control modules - it's not like the seat is gaining new features ?
Old 05-26-2014, 11:15 PM

350z, Frontier, Jeep CJ-5, C63
Had service B performed a few weeks ago at the dealer - my car shifts are noticeably smoother, especially gears 1-2 from stops.

As a side note, the car now idles at "normal" on cold starts, as opposed to higher rpms then lowering.
Old 05-27-2014, 01:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

10 C six trizzle
doing a service B doesn't involve any updates to engine or transmission, nor even hooking up the sds to read codes.
Old 05-27-2014, 03:14 PM
Banned

C63 AMG
it seems like everyone knows about this magic elixer software...except MB USA, MB AG and the dealers

Old 05-27-2014, 03:52 PM

350z, Frontier, Jeep CJ-5, C63
Originally Posted by roadtalontsi
doing a service B doesn't involve any updates to engine or transmission, nor even hooking up the sds to read codes.
Never said it did. Though I'm not sure when MB would be able to apply any updates to the car other than when it's brought in for servicing.

At any rate the car now idles differently upon cold starts and shifts are noticeably softer from rolling stops - not sure what was done (for better or worse) between dropping the car and packing it up, but the subtle changes were noticeable.
Old 05-27-2014, 04:44 PM
Banned

C63 AMG
Originally Posted by cmvash
Never said it did. Though I'm not sure when MB would be able to apply any updates to the car other than when it's brought in for servicing.

At any rate the car now idles differently upon cold starts and shifts are noticeably softer from rolling stops - not sure what was done (for better or worse) between dropping the car and packing it up, but the subtle changes were noticeable.

scan and post your invoice (redact name, address, etc.)
it will show up
Old 05-28-2014, 01:30 AM

scooter
Plugged my '13 in today, and no trans update available. I did reset the adaptation however, to see if I could smooth out some shifts.
Old 09-02-2014, 02:14 AM

2013 c63 coupe p31
C63 transmission update

Originally Posted by c63piloti
I have a 2014, and there is definitely an software update for the tranny. I'm having it done in the morning. A friend of mine is the head tech at Delray mercedes, and he was aware of it. I have a Renntech tune in the car, and I've already spoke with them as there is a good chance when Mercedes does the upgrade my tune might get "erased". Renntech will gladly reflash my car if it gets deleted. I'm looking forward to see the effects of the transmission update. I'll post my results tomorrow.
Hey c63piloti, did you manage to get that trans. update? This thread kind of died after nobody being 100% sure if there was an update for mct trannies.

And if you got the update, was your tune intact?
Old 09-03-2014, 09:25 PM

Received 115 Likes on 70 Posts
2009 c63
Originally Posted by Ayrton
Plugged my '13 in today, and no trans update available. I did reset the adaptation however, to see if I could smooth out some shifts.

Is resetting adaptation for transmission any different than what people call the ECU reset?
Old 09-04-2014, 08:28 AM

C63 Coupe
My C63 PP (2012 facelift) went in for a service last week. I mentioned a clunky gear change from 3-2 and 2-1. They investigated and found nothing.

However they still went ahead with "Engine and Gearbox update" (words from the invoice) - which the technician translated to 'ECU and gearbox software updates'.

So, has it made a difference. Yes. But marginal. Maybe 5-10% smoother changes across C, S, S+. Its not Night&Day - on my car - thats for sure.

(Also had the COMAND software update (which I believe includes maps) took 4 hours though).
Old 09-06-2014, 12:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

10 C six trizzle
comand software doesnt include maps, unless you buy the new updated navigation disc released every year.

Keep in mind the mct will never be "smooth" it's still an electronically controlled clutch rather than a torque converter. It has 1 to 1 coupling, not always slightly slipping. Reseting the transmission adaptations is totally different. You can also perform a teach in of the wetclutch adaptation where it relearns the "kiss" point which can aid in smoothing it out some. Just go test drive a smart car, you'll appreciate what you've got.
Old 09-06-2014, 02:38 AM

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
C63 AMG
Jesus. Why would you revive this thread that is full of misinformation. There is no transmission update from April.

The only update you can do is the Eurocharged "Update" lol
Old 09-06-2014, 08:41 AM

2009 Mercedes Benz C63 AMG PP (Weistec S3 Supercharged)
OK, I dont think this will solve your concerns, however, if you are looking for a nice upgrade (in my opinion the best out there) then do what I did and upgrade to the Weistec 722.9 Bulletproof Tranny. That is absolutely exceptional. (And I do not work for or have any affiliation with Weistec whatsoever, just bought S3 Supercharger and Tranny upgrades from them). Good luck!
Old 09-07-2014, 10:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 62 Likes on 43 Posts
C63 BS, GLA45
comand software doesnt include maps, unless you buy the new updated navigation disc released every year.

Keep in mind the mct will never be "smooth" it's still an electronically controlled clutch rather than a torque converter. It has 1 to 1 coupling, not always slightly slipping. Reseting the transmission adaptations is totally different. You can also perform a teach in of the wetclutch adaptation where it relearns the "kiss" point which can aid in smoothing it out some. Just go test drive a smart car, you'll appreciate what you've got.
I thought the MCT wet clutch is only used at startup. Shifts are done using the internal clutches of the automatic transmission, hence Multiple Clutch Transmission.
Old 09-07-2014, 11:48 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2011 C63 Sedan White on Black
I went to my dealership today asking for this and they insisted there is no upgrades available..I have a 2011 as well
Old 09-11-2014, 11:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

10 C six trizzle
Originally Posted by rage2
I thought the MCT wet clutch is only used at startup. Shifts are done using the internal clutches of the automatic transmission, hence Multiple Clutch Transmission.
no, just like a torque converter (lock up/slippage) it engages and disengages between shifts not a 100% but it to some extent. the wet clutch is a pack of clutches, not just one hence the name.The mct unit can do this much quicker than a torque converter, hence the speed improvement.
Old 09-12-2014, 11:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 62 Likes on 43 Posts
C63 BS, GLA45
no, just like a torque converter (lock up/slippage) it engages and disengages between shifts not a 100% but it to some extent. the wet clutch is a pack of clutches, not just one hence the name.The mct unit can do this much quicker than a torque converter, hence the speed improvement.
I think you might be right now that I think about it. I vaguely remember reading a post in the PL from AMG talking about how the clutch does slip not just at the start. I can't seem to find the post again though.