Stupid COMAND

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-01-2014, 09:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 305 Likes on 224 Posts
'19 E63S sedan
Stupid COMAND

It's not a C63 issue, but I can't believe how stupid COMAND is at interpreting addresses from my phone contacts. It took hours of trial and error to figure out what it wants, St and Ave not Street and Avenue, Delaware not DE, things like Suite number moved out of the address entirely and moved to the contact name. I'm about 10% through my gmail contact list, "sanitizing" it so I can navigate to a contact.

I can't find anything on this subject. My guess is people just gave up, at least with this version of COMAND.
Old 05-03-2014, 01:39 AM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
2018 AMG E63s
I had to "sanitize" my contacts list some time ago for other reasons, and so far haven't had any issues with COMAND interpretation. Nothing is less fun than reformatting contacts (dentist visits?), but it may just be the old "garbage in, garbage out" phenomena. Nevertheless, I feel your pain but I'm assuming it's just your contacts formatting?
Old 05-03-2014, 01:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'19 E63S sedan
Originally Posted by jcfay
I had to "sanitize" my contacts list some time ago for other reasons, and so far haven't had any issues with COMAND interpretation. Nothing is less fun than reformatting contacts (dentist visits?), but it may just be the old "garbage in, garbage out" phenomena. Nevertheless, I feel your pain but I'm assuming it's just your contacts formatting?
"Elm Street" doesn't work.
"Elm St." doesn't work.
It has to be "Elm St".

That's not garbage in garbage out. That's a really stupid address interpreter.

If google can navigate to the address, COMAND should as well.
Old 05-03-2014, 02:50 AM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
2018 AMG E63s
Originally Posted by whoover
"Elm Street" doesn't work.
"Elm St." doesn't work.
It has to be "Elm St".

That's not garbage in garbage out. That's a really stupid address interpreter.

If google can navigate to the address, COMAND should as well.
If that's true that's bizarre. I haven't had this issue at all (and my contacts have "street", "st.", etc.). Wonder if others have? What platform? Android?
Old 05-03-2014, 11:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'19 E63S sedan
Originally Posted by jcfay
If that's true that's bizarre. I haven't had this issue at all (and my contacts have "street", "st.", etc.). Wonder if others have? What platform? Android?
Yes, it's Android. You can navigate to a downloaded contact with "Street"?

It would seem to be the COMAND and not the phone. I figured it out by observing that the street address must look exactly as it would if you entered it by hand into COMAND. And it shows "ELM ST" for example. At least in mine, it can't interpret any address for navigation that has the slightest discrepancy from what it would assemble from its own memory.