Prospective Buyer

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-07-2014, 09:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Shelby GT500
Prospective Buyer

Hi guys,

New member here. I've occasionally trolled these forums for a while as I love AMG. But to the topic of this thread (sorry if there's already a thread for this, I just haven't seen one): I'm looking at getting a new car, C63 being on the list, and I wanted your opinions in regards to maintenance, performance, and general feedback through your experiences.

A little background info on myself (so you can tailor your responses): I am in college at Baylor University (in Texas, for those of you who don't know), 20 years old, and currently drive a 2009 Shelby GT500. I got it when I was 16, but I had a 2002 C320 for a few months beforehand. This car has been great to me, don't get me wrong. I may get hate for it on a Mercedes forum, but as a kid I've thoroughly enjoyed this car. I can't take a corner to save my life, but the amount of sheer power and torque on command is astounding. That being said, I enjoy driving cars, and I drag race and autocross 6-10 times a year. The reason I'm looking at getting a different car is that I'm (hopefully) going to be going to medical school next year and while the GT500 is great, it's still a Mustang and I think it might be time for the high school kid in me to grow up and move on to better things. On top of it, I need something a bit more practical and something I can use a bit easier as a daily driver (and maybe save some gas at the same time, 12MPG is a *****).

My list of prospective cars is (budget is around $35-40K): C63 AMG, E92 M3, C6 Z06, 2011-2012 GT500, 2008+ Porsche Cayman S, 2004ish Porsche 911.

Like I said, any advice, tips, and personal experience in regards to the C63 or any of the other cars, is greatly appreciated. Something that I think I might find extremely useful is a comparison between the cars. Of course, this assumes someone has owned/driven the cars which I know may be hard to find. Thanks for having me, guys.

Last edited by hashed_brown; 06-07-2014 at 09:15 PM. Reason: Add more info.
Old 06-09-2014, 03:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E92 335i / C63 AMG / GSX-R 600
C63 ticks all your boxes
Old 06-09-2014, 09:54 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
E63 M157
Wow GT500 at 16! I wish I was you when I was 16 .

Out of your list, the C63 & M3 will be the most practical, neither will save you anymore gas than your Shelby will though. The M3 obviously handles very well. I have not driven a normal C63 but I have a P30 C63 which comes with a stiffer suspension setup than the normal C63 & a LSD from the factory so it handles quite nice, absolutely no body roll when turning. Either way you can't really go wrong with any of those cars on your lists, I have driven a Cayman S and they are FUN, very light on its feet.