C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

Carbon fiber lip recommendations?? cnautofans.com?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-20-2014, 02:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63
Cool Carbon fiber lip recommendations?? cnautofans.com?

Hey guys,

I am new to the forum and this is my first post. I have a 2009 C63 and am looking to do a carbon fiber lip and rear diffuser. I really like the the AK style lip. I found one on cnautofans.com, here is the link:

http://www.cnautofans.com/products/c...08-11-487.html

Has anyone had luck with this company? How is the fitment? Any advice or recommendations would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

BK
Old 06-20-2014, 02:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts
This and that.
I personally have no experience with them but I hear decent things about them on the forums. They are based in Taiwan I believe and that's where the products are made too. They are also on ebay so you can check out their auctions to see if you can find better pricing. If you do go with their product be sure to put up a review for everyone else to see. I wouldn't mind getting a front lip.
Old 06-20-2014, 02:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
C63 AMG
Originally Posted by BensBenzC63
Hey guys,

I am new to the forum and this is my first post. I have a 2009 C63 and am looking to do a carbon fiber lip and rear diffuser. I really like the the AK style lip. I found one on cnautofans.com, here is the link:

http://www.cnautofans.com/products/c...08-11-487.html

Has anyone had luck with this company? How is the fitment? Any advice or recommendations would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

BK
It is sweet, I have it.
I will update this post in a few with my link - See below for my review:
https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w...installed.html
Old 06-20-2014, 02:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63 AMG
Top down view:

Carbon fiber lip recommendations?? cnautofans.com?-image20_zps031b7f16.jpeg
Old 06-20-2014, 03:05 PM

C63
@Autosport 7, awesome! I actually just sent you a pm because I thought it looked familiar. How was the fitment? I wanted more of a low pro lip versus some of these other bulky ones. Thanks for the pic!
Old 06-20-2014, 03:13 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
c63, 335i
these are the same lips sold by jbspeed and other vendors who don't make their own products.

fitment is generally pretty good. not 100%, but what affordable lips really are?

my suggestion to you is to buy all your mods at once. save hundreds on shipping. lips, spoilers, mirror caps, etc if you're doing all that
Old 06-20-2014, 03:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63 AMG
Originally Posted by BensBenzC63
@Autosport 7, awesome! I actually just sent you a pm because I thought it looked familiar. How was the fitment? I wanted more of a low pro lip versus some of these other bulky ones. Thanks for the pic!
As I describe in my thread, the fitment is spot on "IF" you take your time installing it. Most parts you purchase will have decent fit, anyone can get them on the car and look half way decent. When you take your time and put some effort into it, that is when the products shine.
You can get this product to fit perfectly if you spend the time mocking it up. This was an easy install compared to some other stuff I have installed I the past.
If you have any mechanical intellect this will be an easy install for you.
I highly recommend the product.
Old 06-20-2014, 03:15 PM

c63, 335i
Originally Posted by Autosport7
As I describe in my thread, the fitment is spot on "IF" you take your time installing it. Most parts you purchase will have decent fit, anyone can get them on the car and look half way decent. When you take your time and put some effort into it, that is when the products shine.
You can get this product to fit perfectly if you spend the time mocking it up. This was an easy install compared to some other stuff I have installed I the past.
If you have any mechanical intellect this will be an easy install for you.
I highly recommend the product.
heh i don't know about you, but for me it's just a matter of stretching the bumper and bolting it into place. the AK rep had a problem on the passenger side where it sticks out too far. had to pull the bumper, clamp it, then bolt it. looks pretty good. only about 1mm of gap, which no one but me will notice
Old 06-20-2014, 03:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63 AMG
Originally Posted by tofu-
heh i don't know about you, but for me it's just a matter of stretching the bumper and bolting it into place. the AK rep had a problem on the passenger side where it sticks out too far. had to pull the bumper, clamp it, then bolt it. looks pretty good. only about 1mm of gap, which no one but me will notice
Same for me. Like I said, take your time and fitment should be good.
As for your earlier comment... None of the typical forum vendors offer this style lip. I have found two suppliers, both of which are eBay.

Last edited by Autosport7; 06-20-2014 at 03:25 PM.
Old 06-20-2014, 03:56 PM

E92 335i / C63 AMG / GSX-R 600
I had bad experiences with CNautofans. I bought their CF side vent covers. The driver's side barely fit, the passenger side did not even get close to fitting. Sent them various emails, pictures, etc. They refused to admit any fault and said aftermarket parts are not meant to fit 100%. No refund was issued. Waste of money and time, never again. Buddy of mine also tried their E92 spoiler, horrible fitment and CF finish is no where near decent.
Old 06-20-2014, 04:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63 AMG
This is interesting as 4AMotorsports and Autofans are the same company.
I have been using them for years on both my E90 BMW and the C63, never once had a single issue with thousands spent with them... Must have good luck.
Old 06-20-2014, 05:04 PM

c63, 335i
Originally Posted by vtune
I had bad experiences with CNautofans. I bought their CF side vent covers. The driver's side barely fit, the passenger side did not even get close to fitting. Sent them various emails, pictures, etc. They refused to admit any fault and said aftermarket parts are not meant to fit 100%. No refund was issued. Waste of money and time, never again. Buddy of mine also tried their E92 spoiler, horrible fitment and CF finish is no where near decent.
Did you find vents that fit?
Old 06-20-2014, 05:22 PM

MY2010 6.3///AMG Markus Jaudes
I got mine at JLmotoring.
Old 12-30-2014, 12:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts
This and that.
Just to update about cnautofans

I finally had the front lip and vent covers installed that I purchased from cnautofans a few weeks ago. I can not be happier. Everything fits perfectly. My installer said the lip was great quality and great shipment. He said the vents could be a little better in terms of fitment but they were still pretty good for an aftermarket part. I am happy.