C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

My experience: Secondary Cat Delete H-pipe from Forum member - Mikegpr03

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-26-2014, 01:19 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C63 AMG
My experience: Secondary Cat Delete H-pipe from Forum member - Mikegpr03

Well guys, after conducting my secondary cats or resonator delete research and afterlistening to a few posted videos, I realized that deleting the secondary catswas the way to go.

My goal was to simply add some spice in to the sound department of the vehicle,but without making sound like a raspy LS1 Camaro with Borlas. There is nothing wrong with Camaros or Borlasfor that matter; I simply prefer the deep note vs. the high pitch raspy sound.

I hooked up with Forum member Mikegpr03 via his profile email, I explained to himmy goal, and he further assured me that the secondary cat delete with H-pipe isthe way to go. So I heed his advice anddecided to order one of his H-pipe secondary cat delete units.

His customer service was top notch, and delivery was spot on. The H-pipe quality is really nice, and installationtook roughly 40mins. In fact, the manpromised me that I would love it and he was right, I love it! My wife has driven the car for the last coupleof days and she commented that it sounds meaner and yet it remains classy.

IMHO, the car now sounds the way it should have been delivered from Mercedes: NOdrone, NO raspy, NO loud (wake up the dead) cold idle – everything remains asstock, but with just the right amount of deepness and attitude while cruisingand when WOT.

If you’re like me and want a deeper sounding C63AMG, but w/o going overboard, thendo yourself a favor and give Mikegpr03 a chance to WOW you…I think you willlove it.

Last edited by HardC63; 06-26-2014 at 01:47 AM.
Old 06-26-2014, 01:27 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 C63S
cheers for that! ordered my H-pipe last week and it just got shipped today so anxiously waiting for it to be delivered all the way to Australia!

ps. i think your spacebar may be broken or on its last legs.
Old 06-26-2014, 01:46 AM

C63 AMG
Originally Posted by Phorte
cheers for that! ordered my H-pipe last week and it just got shipped today so anxiously waiting for it to be delivered all the way to Australia!

ps. i think your spacebar may be broken or on its last legs.

I fixed it.

Thanks for noticing
Old 06-26-2014, 01:52 AM

2015 C63S
does any part of you wish you'd gone the straight pipe instead? the videos are so hard to judge the difference in volume between the two...
Old 06-26-2014, 02:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Vath ML63 Brabus C63 SL63 CLK63BS C63BS
With all due respect to mike I don't know why people anyone would need to order the h pipe internationally. Any competent exhaust shop could fabricate one while you go shopping.

I am a big supporter of h pipe vs xpipe. I would highly recommend what the OP has done if you want to toughen things up,a bit in the sound department
Old 06-26-2014, 02:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2014 C63 507 Sedan
I have straight pipe and LOVE it. Never tried H pipe.

Both are bang for your buck mods that give a nice upgrade for a reasonable price.

Don't expect it to sound like the Agency Power video .. power pipe is more of a refinement vs. a major overhaul.

I was worried the straight pipe would be too loud and obnoxious, but it's not a problem. It's still the same order of magnitude as stock. A nicer beefier tone, but not substantially "louder" (remember, stock is already pretty damn loud at high rpm too!) ..
Old 06-26-2014, 09:25 AM

C63 AMG
Originally Posted by Maverick1975
With all due respect to mike I don't know why people anyone would need to order the h pipe internationally. Any competent exhaust shop could fabricate one while you go shopping.

I am a big supporter of h pipe vs xpipe. I would highly recommend what the OP has done if you want to toughen things up,a bit in the sound department
I'm not sure about in Australia, but some shops here in the USA will not touch the secondary cats due to regulations.

Therefore, many of us buy replacement units and either do it ourselves or have an amigo knock it out for us.

I like Mike's H-pipe/Straight pipe set up because it comes alreay bent where it needs to be and it bolts up using the existing T-bolt clamps.
Old 06-26-2014, 09:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by HardC63
I'm not sure about in Australia, but some shops here in the USA will not touch the secondary cats due to regulations.

Therefore, many of us buy replacement units and either do it ourselves or have an amigo knock it out for us.

I like Mike's H-pipe/Straight pipe set up because it comes alreay bent where it needs to be and it bolts up using the existing T-bolt clamps.
There's not a single cut required?
Old 06-26-2014, 10:27 AM

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Jag F-Type V8
Originally Posted by kfriedenberger
There's not a single cut required?
1 cut is required.
Old 06-26-2014, 10:51 AM

C63 AMG
Yes, there is one cut required - driver side. Once that is done...it's bolt-on time.
Old 06-26-2014, 10:57 AM

2015 C63S
Originally Posted by Maverick1975
With all due respect to mike I don't know why people anyone would need to order the h pipe internationally. Any competent exhaust shop could fabricate one while you go shopping. t
have to admit, the shipping did kill me a bit but i ended up swallowing it because ive heard some of the custom 2nd-cat deletes my friends have had done and they all sound raspy and nowhere as refined as mike's... i believe mike went through 5-6 variations of the H-pipe before coming to what he's offering now? either way, i cant wait to put it on...