c63 brakes: common solution?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-11-2014, 01:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
e90 328 xdrive, c63 p30+lsd
c63 brakes: common solution?

OK, can someone school me here?

What do people do with 18" wheels if they want to track? What are the best options for pads?

The best pads I have found that work with the stock calipers go to 850f degrees which doesn't exactly make me feel all warm and fuzzy.

I also did measurements and the 15" rotors that Brembo sells does not fit the 18" wheels. I'm not thrilled about using their 13.5" rotors, which is the next step down in size on rotors.

Other than going to 19" wheels, what do people do? What am I missing?

Thanks guys!

Last edited by neoinarien; 07-11-2014 at 01:48 PM.
Old 07-11-2014, 02:40 PM
Banned

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
a car
The OEM Calipers are going to be more than sufficient for tracking the car.

What you would want to look at upgrading are the OEM rotors to a 2 piece floating disc and obviously a different pad compound.

For guys that track the C63, I recommend doing the GiroDisc slotted rotors, Endless MX72 or ME20 pads, stainless brake lines and Motul RBF660 brake fluid.

You are going to save yourself 25+ pounds of unsprung weight on all 4 corners. The rotor discs are going to wear better, the pads are going to last longer sessions and the brake fluid will have a much higher boiling point and pedal feel with still be present as ever.

The 360mm rotor size will still allow you to use your 18" wheel and tire set up if that is what you prefer, or we can bump you into a 19" set up if you would like to look at doing a rotor upgrade to the 390mm set up the C63 black series features (which I offer GiroDisc rotors for that as well).

Let me know if you would like some pricing on everything.

Hope that helps

-Tal