C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

Great Product for Trim and Rubber

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-13-2014, 07:18 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
2011 C63 AW
Great Product for Trim and Rubber

Was looking for something to protect the rubber and plastic trim on my 11. I looked around on the net and it seemed that a lot of people were raving about Aerospace 303. I found it at West Marine and applied it to the exterior black plastics and rubber trim on my car. Very good stuff. It doesn't leave an oily greasy residue and makes the rubber very supple. No streaking either. It gave it that new car look on the trim. I'm not sure if I want to go for it on the interior plastics because of the grain. But I wanted to share in case you were looking for something other than Armor All or the run of the mill off the shelf stuff that leaves grease everywhere. I like the natural flat look. It is supposed to protect from UV rays very well. I guess that will be seen.....

I recommend you wash the car first and apply in the shade. One wipe with the product sprayed on a microfiber towel. Let it set for 10 minutes than wipe again with a clean towel. Done. It bonds with the surface leaving a coating to protect from the elements and repels water. I also used it on the plastics of the engine. Only irritating part is that it smears on the windows if you're not careful.
Old 07-13-2014, 07:31 PM
Banned

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
C63 AMG
I've found 2 products good for rubber and vinyl
The 303 is one Wurth Rubber Care Silicone Free is the other
I put a little on a cotton ball and wipe the window seals down
Cleans, blackens and lasts a good while, no sheen, very matte/flat
Can't go wrong with either

I would use neither on the interior
I use 1Z Cockpit Premium
Leaves no residue and a matte surface, nice mild smell too
I use it on the tires and diffuser also, I applied with a grout sponge
I like clean tires but no product

Last edited by Ingenieur; 07-13-2014 at 07:34 PM.
Old 07-13-2014, 07:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
A V8
also this, worked awesome on my rubber.

http://www.premiumboatcare.com/griot...hannelid=FROOG
Old 07-13-2014, 11:13 PM

2011 C63 AW
Thanks for the tips fellas. I love finding something that works well and adding it to my bucket. God knows I've tried so many bad products that went in the trash after one failed application over the years.

One thing, kind of a side bar, that I'm learning with the 63 is that conventional practices on other vehicles are a no no on this car. Case in point, cleaning the maf sensors with a maf cleaner......not on this car. It would be great to have access to a real service manual.
Old 07-13-2014, 11:15 PM

2011 C63 AW
I've bought a couple of the Griots products. Not thrilled with their basic car wash. Not much in the suds department and it doesn't have a great smell like others. I'd love to get a foam cannon and use Mr. Pink, but a power washer and accessories are a little over the top.
Old 07-14-2014, 12:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 46 Likes on 41 Posts
2012 C63 AMG Sedan
Try Leatherique Prestine Clean.

It's a pH neutral leather cleaner first and foremost (and it does it soo soo soo well, I friggin LOVE this stuff, especially with the black/white interior on the white) but when applied to rubber trim it cleans it and keeps it nice and supple.

Combine this with the Leatherique Rejuvenator and my two year old seats look almost brand new (you really have to dig deep and study the seats to see blemishes). I get so many compliments on my interior.
Old 07-14-2014, 02:58 PM

2011 C63 AW
You were right Ingenieur.

I used the Aerospace 303 on the interior of my other car. Not good. It's too slick and left a coating of slippery on everything. I'm hoping that it will wear away over time. Don't get me wrong, it looks great but not the best for inside and I'm glad I didn't use it on the 63.

The leatherique was next on my list. I'm definitely going to order some. Is it found at any common retailers?

Oh yeah, and does anyone know of a great wax protectant that will really protect my paint from the elements? She's left outside so I'd like something tough and accessible at a store if possible. I used a spray on wax after wash. While it looks great I've read that spray on waxes are not very good in the protection department.
Old 07-14-2014, 03:11 PM
Banned

C63 AMG
Originally Posted by -Marlin-
You were right Ingenieur.

I used the Aerospace 303 on the interior of my other car. Not good. It's too slick and left a coating of slippery on everything. I'm hoping that it will wear away over time. Don't get me wrong, it looks great but not the best for inside and I'm glad I didn't use it on the 63.

The leatherique was next on my list. I'm definitely going to order some. Is it found at any common retailers?

Oh yeah, and does anyone know of a great wax protectant that will really protect my paint from the elements? She's left outside so I'd like something tough and accessible at a store if possible. I used a spray on wax after wash. While it looks great I've read that spray on waxes are not very good in the protection department.
re 303: just keep wiping it down with a wet microfiber and most will come off...I don't really like any treatment on the interior other than a cleaner like the 1Z

the leatherique is more of a heavy duty treatment isn't it? (edit: I see he was refering to the cleaner, the rejuvenator is another product)
a good foam cleaner should be enough for a newer car like yous
Mothers makes a nice one: leaves no reside and a very flat/matte finish

I use the Klasse Sealant Glaze, not the best 'look' but it is easy to apply and very durable...mail order only iirc http://www.autopia-carcare.com/kus-kls-gla.html

another is Collonite insulator wax, a pita to apply, but the stuff is tough as nails...many places carry it http://www.collinite.com/automotive-wax/insulator-wax/
here's the heavy duty paste, good luck, lol http://www.collinite.com/automotive-...oat-paste-wax/
it is actually used on outdoor electrical insulators to prevent leakage or 'creep'

Last edited by Ingenieur; 07-14-2014 at 03:20 PM.
Old 07-14-2014, 03:17 PM

2011 C63 AW
I've heard a lot of good things about Klasse. I can't remember what it was that people were saying that made the look not so great.....something about a lack of color depth and that it was a biotch to remove. Kind of permanent?

The nice thing about my car is that it's white and wax build up might not be as apparent over time. I think I'd like to go with a wax of some sort over a sealer. I could be wrong, but doesn't a wax create a durable coating where as a sealer is more of locking in the surface of the paint? Not sure if that makes sense, but as in if I wax twice, I'd get two durable coats whereas a sealer would only be and need one?

I'll go ahead and wipe down the interior of the car with a moist towel to try and take off some of the slickness of the 303. I've lost the natural grip of the rubber steering wheel. Little miffed
Old 07-14-2014, 03:25 PM
Banned

C63 AMG
I've heard a lot of good things about Klasse. I can't remember what it was that people were saying that made the look not so great.....something about a lack of color depth and that it was a biotch to remove. Kind of permanent?

The nice thing about my car is that it's white and wax build up might not be as apparent over time. I think I'd like to go with a wax of some sort over a sealer. I could be wrong, but doesn't a wax create a durable coating where as a sealer is more of locking in the surface of the paint? Not sure if that makes sense, but as in if I wax twice, I'd get two durable coats whereas a sealer would only be and need one?

I'll go ahead and wipe down the interior of the car with a moist towel to try and take off some of the slickness of the 303. I've lost the natural grip of the rubber steering wheel. Little miffed
it doesn't have the shine other products have, but it does layer well, and gives good depth...and it is durable
imo would be a good fit for white
I used it on my old e36 M3 Alpine White and it 'popped'
and impervious to stains like bird crap, berries, etc.

if you let it sit it is a pita to remove, but if you wax on/waipeoff, maybe let dry about 15 sec or so, it it easy
and you can put multiple coats on...even weeks later after a wash
the stuff is tough and pretty much all I use

bear in mind, I'm not a fanatic detailer, I look at it like visual maintenance
a well maintained finish (interior and exterior) will help the cars value a lot
Old 07-14-2014, 06:55 PM

2011 C63 AW
Thanks man. Maybe I'll give it a shot. The only thing is I guess I have to Dawn off the wax before hitting it with a sealant. Might as well clay while I'm at it. Something to do this weekend.
Old 07-14-2014, 07:12 PM
Banned

C63 AMG
Thanks man. Maybe I'll give it a shot. The only thing is I guess I have to Dawn off the wax before hitting it with a sealant. Might as well clay while I'm at it. Something to do this weekend.
Give it a regular wash, if you use Dawn, rinse a panel at a time
Don't let it set too long, it's harsh. Use the regular non- scemted
Prep the car with Klasse All-in-One it will make a good surface
It's a cleaner and will remove all the wax etc
Then do the SG, one coat is good
Then next wash another coat of SG
I do the AIO once a year with the 2 initial coats within a week or two
Then a coat of SG every 3 or 4 months
Then repeat
I don't use detailers

Klasse must be good...made in Germany! Lol
Been using it for years
Not saying the best ( if there is such a thing) but it is very good
Old 07-14-2014, 07:23 PM
Banned

C63 AMG
One other thing
Wash soap
I wash frequently so need something inexpensive and mild
Go to a auto body & paint supply shop wholesale
They have gallon jugs of soap
It is mild, can be used on new bare paint, gentle on wax
Leaves no reside, wax, silicone, etc
The stuff I get is cherry red
Lots of foam and slippery/good surficant

Last edited by Ingenieur; 07-16-2014 at 05:23 PM.
Old 07-14-2014, 07:23 PM

2011 C63 AW
The less hands I put on my car the better. I don't want to be one of those people that can't leave their car alone and put a ton of fine scratches in the clear coat with "loving" it too much.

So you use the all in one wash from them to prep the surface and remove the wax. Then hit it with 2 coats of sealer.........to last you the year?

I don't like the quick detailers either. I feel like I lost the "balance" or feng shui of the car. One super clean spot and the rest is just ok. Either washing it or nothing.
Old 07-14-2014, 07:32 PM
Banned

C63 AMG
The all in one is a sealent/ cleaner
After wash and dried you wipe it on with a damp pad and off with a mf rag
No waiting
Some people just use it alone and no SG
I use the SG because I don't like fussing with the paint too much
Heck sometimes I'll just rinse it off in the winter and blow the water off with velocity lol

I'll put another coat of sg on after a wash every 3 or 4 months
That is the initial job plus 2 or 3 sg only then repeat
I log it in my maintainance records,,,yes obsessive
But buyers appreciate it

Last edited by Ingenieur; 07-14-2014 at 07:38 PM.
Old 07-14-2014, 08:06 PM

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
Audi A5 6MT, C63 AMG
you wont go wrong with this product. simply awesome for rubber, vinyl, tires

http://www.adamspolishes.com/p-512-a...-dressing.aspx