C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

What'll we do

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-23-2014, 12:29 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C63
What'll we do

Well.... the new chrysler has 707 hp and 650 lb ft of torque. Does the quarter in the tens on slicks.
Wha'll what will we do? I'm not going to drag race them but that is a bit above the performance of thee Lambo or Corvette and certainly us. Best I've seen, from others is high 11's at about 120 at that was with tune.
Just read about how hard the Weistec blower is to install.
Do you suppose Renntech or others here, just first name to pop up, has a package of components to outdue the beast at less than the cost of the Dodge?
Old 07-23-2014, 02:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
09 c63 P30
No matter what you do, there will always be something out there that is faster. Enjoy the car for what it is and don't stress about the small stuff.
Old 07-23-2014, 02:42 AM

BMW 335I
i know ess is coming out with a blower soon
Old 07-23-2014, 03:31 AM

2010 C63 AMG
It's pretty impressive how un..impressive the faster C63s are out there. I come from modding 2L cars where if you didn't trap 140+, you were a nobody. Are people afraid of modding? Don't see anyone here making over 1000hp and that should be a joke with this size engines. Just curious...
Old 07-23-2014, 09:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
2017 Mini Cooper S Clubman ALL4 - British Racing Green
There is at least 1 person here with a 1000+ HP M156 (I believe it is one of JRCarts carts).. Or atleast close to 1000.

The difference... you blow up a heavily modded 2L 4 or 6 cylinder engine, your out maybe 3 or 4 grand, you blow a M156, and your out $40k

Those heavily modded 2L you talk about, tend to have a short lifespan, the more you mod, the more wear and tear and less time they will last, great for a cheap civic or acura, not so much for an AMG.
Old 07-23-2014, 09:23 AM
Banned

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
C63 AMG
nothing...other than enjoy the C63 for what it is
I mean, really, who gives a hoot
Old 07-23-2014, 09:42 AM

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Jag F-Type V8
Originally Posted by Tinbucket
Well.... the new chrysler has 707 hp and 650 lb ft of torque. Does the quarter in the tens on slicks.
Wha'll what will we do? I'm not going to drag race them but that is a bit above the performance of thee Lambo or Corvette and certainly us. Best I've seen, from others is high 11's at about 120 at that was with tune.
Just read about how hard the Weistec blower is to install.
Do you suppose Renntech or others here, just first name to pop up, has a package of components to outdue the beast at less than the cost of the Dodge?
I'll tell you what I am going to do: go test drive one and check it out. I doubt i'll be able to live without the sophistication of the merc though and will likely stay with AMG whether it be with a 2014/15 C63 or if I dabble into the E63 when it comes time for me to upgrade (if I want to).
Old 07-23-2014, 09:54 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
07 E63 + 07 CLK63CAB
Really there is a huge difference between a Dodge Challenger and a Mercedes Benz, they do have the same 4 wheels but even those are different.
Spend the 65K on the Hellcat which is a steal for 707HP, Pay through the ying yang for insurance or drive a 500+HP Benz for 1,174 CDN full coverage.
I made my choice,
Old 07-23-2014, 10:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 369 Likes on 184 Posts
C63 AMG
You have to consider that a C63 AMG out the box is worth what a tuned 4 banger is worth with all the mods including the cost of the car new for the most part.

Not many owners venture into big power territory simply because the demographic is different. I told my self 500 WHP is all I want out of the C63 and you can get there pretty quickly with just bolt ons + tune.

For the street you really don't need more.

Originally Posted by PravjotSingh

Interesting - Lets see what they come up with. Hopefully there tunes are quality.
Old 07-23-2014, 10:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
C63 AMG
I heard about this car coming out a few months back as well. My buddy owns a local Dodge dealership and was telling me about how impressive the car was supposed to be.

I own cars for 1 of 2 reasons, depending on the flavor I am interested in at the time depicts which car I am driving atm.

1. Sports Car
2. Luxury Performance

This car doesn't meet either category for me.

Now what car does meet the first category by Dodge is the new Viper! I road in my buddies the other night. That car is totally in a league of its own! Most people do not even give thought to a Viper when thinking of their next car, well I am.
In the past 6 months I have had 1 friend and 2 close acquaintances purchase either '13 or '14 Vipers. I have also been introduced to the owner of PittRace who is also a member of the local Viper club in our area.
The more time I spend with these people, the Viper is really growing on me.

I have an ongoing mental process of elimination for my next vehicle. It has been holding strong now at a used Porsche GT3. Then my heart strings were being tugged toward the new M3 and getting back into a BMW, now as of recently, this Viper is calling my name!
IF you haven't ridden in a new one, GO, GO NOW! Unbelievable car!
Old 07-23-2014, 11:16 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
C63
Stage 2 weistec blower will give the hellcat a good run. Personally, I had a 04 ZO6 and it was modded to hell and back. Even though it had enough power to send me into orbit... I never look back after owning my C63. Power isn't everything when the ride quality is **** and is pain to drive on the street. Don't compare an American hilly billy car with forced induction to an N/A Benz. I'm sure the new challenger will be a great car. Truth is, it will always be in the shadow of Mercedes in the quality department. Besides, what will it do besides go very fast in straight line? If I would go american again it would be the new zo6. Now that's a car that does everything right.
Old 07-23-2014, 11:25 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63 AMG
Originally Posted by Petakii63
Stage 2 weistec blower will give the hellcat a good run. Personally, I had a 04 ZO6 and it was modded to hell and back. Even though it had enough power to send me into orbit... I never look back after owning my C63. Power isn't everything when the ride quality is **** and is pain to drive on the street. Don't compare an American hilly billy car with forced induction to an N/A Benz. I'm sure the new challenger will be a great car. Truth is, it will always be in the shadow of Mercedes in the quality department. Besides, what will it do besides go very fast in straight line? If I would go american again it would be the new zo6. Now that's a car that does everything right.
This is another one that could potentially make my list (as seen above in previous post).
Although, I haven't ridden in in a new Vette yet, the Viper at this time is higher on my list than the Vette, only because I have ridden in the Viper and I prefer the Viper styling over the Vette. Not to mention the Viper is FAR less commonly seen on the road than Vettes and when you do see one, it twists your neck no matter who you are!
Old 07-23-2014, 11:32 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 846 Likes on 594 Posts
E63S | X5
Originally Posted by adv4nced53
It's pretty impressive how un..impressive the faster C63s are out there. I come from modding 2L cars where if you didn't trap 140+, you were a nobody. Are people afraid of modding? Don't see anyone here making over 1000hp and that should be a joke with this size engines. Just curious...
A 2L honda motor costs about 25 bucks today. People aren't afraid of modding it is just a completely different crowd. Not to mentioned their are a lot more 2L rice rockets out there than M156's.

As mentioned before, 1000whp has been reached on an m156.

Lastly, 2L's trapping at 140+ probably aren't daily driven and if they are I bet they are such a PITA
Old 07-23-2014, 11:49 AM

C63
Originally Posted by Autosport7
This is another one that could potentially make my list (as seen above in previous post).
Although, I haven't ridden in in a new Vette yet, the Viper at this time is higher on my list than the Vette, only because I have ridden in the Viper and I prefer the Viper styling over the Vette. Not to mention the Viper is FAR less commonly seen on the road than Vettes and when you do see one, it twists your neck no matter who you are!
No doubt the viper is a straight beast. I haven't driven the new one. But, I'm sure it's more drivable than the older srt-10... That car was a nightmare in terms of handling and comfort.
Old 07-23-2014, 12:04 PM

C63
Originally Posted by adv4nced53
Terrible comparison. And, you must be nose deep in the JDM magazine tuning guide for Cracker Jack toys. Plenty of people have pushed these cars to it's limit, both in n/a form and forced induction. And, their first mod didn't have to be an engine swap.... James (jrcart) is running 9.1 at 150 trap with god knows what done to it. Keith's (dads c63) ran 10.1 at 139 in n/a form with respective power adder trim (200 shot nos).

why are you comparing engines found on lawnmowers? To an engine that will probably go down being one of the best naturally aspirated v8.
Old 07-23-2014, 12:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63 AMG
No doubt the viper is a straight beast. I haven't driven the new one. But, I'm sure it's more drivable than the older srt-10... That car was a nightmare in terms of handling and comfort.
No doubt the power they put down can allow the car to drive the driver. But track experience is really all that is needed to drive this car hard. I would not suggest handing one over to someone with no seat experience and telling them to set the track on fire.
Knowing where the car makes power and where it hits is essential to driving this car hard as it is to driving any car hard.
The Viper is no different than any other car that has hit the track, what I mean by this, is it just takes an experienced driver.

Take an experienced driver put him in the seat of the Viper, Take an inexperienced driver and put him in a McLaren and the Viper is gonna take the race every time.
Old 07-23-2014, 01:05 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'10 P30 C63 AMG
I've driven a new Viper (2013 GTS). They're FANTASTIC cars. Seem perfectly fine to semi-daily drive. I was at an event with a bunch of current (previous generations) Viper owners and they were floored by how much more drivable it was (along with the exterior and interior material upgrades).

They are absolute MONSTERS. If they had an auto, they'd be easy 10 second cars. Tough to row that 6 speed to a 10, but low 11's are no problem.

As far as exclusivity goes, it's right there (if not higher) than the GTR. Most "exotic" for your money. Lets face it, the Corvette will never be exotic. ZR1, Z06/7. It's not happening because of the sheer volume they produce/sell (which is why GM doesn't care).
Old 07-23-2014, 01:52 PM

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
2014 C63 507, 2012 R350
I think I am heading to, unless they don't screw it up with turbos, to Jaguar. Probably XFR for me. Comes in 30 grand cheaper than the E63, NA V8 that sound a lot like ours and it is a good size, pretty imposing vehicle.
Old 07-23-2014, 03:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
360 Modena TT
Originally Posted by PravjotSingh
I will believe it when I see it . You know how long this rumor has been going around
Old 07-23-2014, 03:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts
This and that.
Here's a brief review Top Gear did on the Hellcat...they seem to love it.

http://www.topgear.com/uk/car-news/d...view-2014-7-23

Don't see anything earth shattering in terms of drag times....

What about on the drag strip?

It’s much the same. With a simple launch control set up, you can smoke the tyres at will and rattle off sub 12-second quarter miles (sub 11-seconds on drag radials) with as much effort as treading on an insect. There’s plenty of suitable smoke and drama outside the car. And plenty of timers and graphics inside the car to let you know how you’re cooking.

Last edited by papashango; 07-23-2014 at 03:07 PM.
Old 07-23-2014, 03:16 PM

'10 P30 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by papashango
Here's a brief review Top Gear did on the Hellcat...they seem to love it.

http://www.topgear.com/uk/car-news/d...view-2014-7-23

Don't see anything earth shattering in terms of drag times....
11.2 at 125 on street tires and 10.85 at 126 on drag radials...is pretty damn earth shattering for a stock vehicle.

Skip to 2:35.

Old 07-23-2014, 03:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

This and that.
That seems different than what they said in the Top Gear article. It's decent at those numbers stock for sure.
Old 07-23-2014, 03:25 PM

'10 P30 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by papashango
That seems different than what they said in the Top Gear article. It's decent at those numbers stock for sure.
They said "12-second quarter miles" which 11.2 is.

They said "sub 11-seconds on drag radials" which is what a 10.8 is.

I'm also hearing that the launch control basically is for people who want to launch the car and not die. If you want the best times, you don't touch the launch control and do it yourself.
Old 07-23-2014, 03:26 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C63 coupe P31, '11 G37s, '12 RR Evoque Prestige '10 QX56
Originally Posted by coladin
I think I am heading to, unless they don't screw it up with turbos, to Jaguar. Probably XFR for me. Comes in 30 grand cheaper than the E63, NA V8 that sound a lot like ours and it is a good size, pretty imposing vehicle.
The XF-R is not NA, it's supercharged.

I'm torn as to "what's next". I'm keeping the C63 (I'm smitten). The S63 coupe was a sure thing, but now Lexus has just announced that their LF-LC is going to have a 600+hp TT 5L 8 in it.
Old 07-23-2014, 03:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

This and that.
I guess that's fail on my part for reading it wrong.

EDIT: On the topic of Jaguar's, I absolute love the new F Type coupe's. If I am in the market for a 2 seater down the line, that will definitely be high up on my list. Honestly, it's the only other car in it's class that I think sounds better than the C63.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: What'll we do