PFL vs FL w/ M3 shots

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-25-2014, 04:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 846 Likes on 594 Posts
E63S | X5
PFL vs FL w/ M3 shots

So, instead of making a few threads I'll do a 2 in 1. If you want to skip the PFL and FL discussion just scroll down and there are pictures of my C63 and my neighbors M3.

*** This is my opinion and how I feel. Yes, I've had both (PFL and FL) ***

Alright, I'll try to keep this short.

First off, I will always have that little soft spot for my PFL. It was my first AMG and kicked off this whole addiction. However, I must say that I prefer the FL and I think that should be assumed. Here's why:

1. Headbolts. Yes, I know, this comes up and people blow it out of proportion of how much of an issue it actually is. However, I found myself driving around in my PFL always with a "what if" mentality. I even had a warranty. The FL doesn't have this issue.

2. Interior. I didn't think I was going to like the alcantara over the leather. I really enjoyed the full leather in my PFL but I have to say I love the alcantara in the FL. It is the perfect balance of fabric and leather. It was also really hot today and when I came back from golfing my calves weren't set on fire by the leather. The center console/dash also are put together much more nicely. I thought my PFL was the stuff when it came with a flipout screen and what not. However, this integrated screen and slightly update setup really is awesome.

3. Exterior. Again, I was a little skeptical about the PFL and FL particularly with the hood. I felt as though the PFL hood was slightly more aggressive looking. In person, not the case. Both are phenomenal and set the car off. I honestly love them both on the outside. The LEDs and new technology give the edge to the FL, but the PFL still looks great.

4. Performance. My PFL only had a wide tire in the back and was lowered. Nothing for a kick in the pants. That said, the cars are very similar. I think the FL ride is a touch more rough but I had H&Rs in my PFL which softened things up nicely. The transmission, however, night and day. This 2013 tranny is "better." I do feel like the S driving mode is a bit of a waste. Or even just the S+. Either or, it should only be C, S, M, and RS. S/S+ is redundant. I also find myself driving in C mode much more in this car. Always had the PFL in M.

5. White vs Black. I feel like my black car hid dirt a little better, but showed swirls and damage like a *****. The white, shows dirt but hides chips and such very well. Love the white.

That's just a quick snippit of my initial opinions on the car. I'm sure much of it is to be assumed and things will probably change over time because I do plan to slowly modify this one.

And if you were here for the pictures, here you go. (If you quote, please don't quote all the pictures. There are a handful, thanks)

PFL vs FL w/ M3 shots-pic14_zps4eafc394.jpg

PFL vs FL w/ M3 shots-pic7_zpsd34fbf72.jpg

PFL vs FL w/ M3 shots-pic13_zpsf28ad0a5.jpg

PFL vs FL w/ M3 shots-pic8_zps4e071685.jpg

PFL vs FL w/ M3 shots-pic10_zps3b82ac04.jpg

Might be my favorite...

PFL vs FL w/ M3 shots-pic12_zps79bd178a.jpg

PFL vs FL w/ M3 shots-pic9_zpsb635a64f.jpg

PFL vs FL w/ M3 shots-pic11_zpsaec462ee.jpg

Enjoy!
Old 07-25-2014, 05:45 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts