C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

Magno (matte) Paint Expert Finally Located!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-28-2014, 02:00 PM

Received 23 Likes on 5 Posts
C63 Black Series, Magno Alanite Grey
Magno (matte) Paint Expert Finally Located!

After a 2 year search, I was able to find a shop that understood my requirements for perfection. I wanted to repair a scratch on my 044 Magno Alanite grey C63BSC

They were able to re-paint a bumper mishap perfectly.

My requirements:
Color.
Matte finish with perfect sheen and smooth finish
Silver flake density per sq inch
Not a single spec of dust in finish, was done in a clean room. Free of any particles.
Matte reflection at 70 degree angle.

All items were perfect to factory spec.

Tony @
Ohare Auto Body

O'Hare Auto Body Ltd
Auto Body Shop
1316 W Irving Park Rd, Bensenville, IL 60106
(630) 766-6668

Cheers!
Faraz
Old 07-28-2014, 02:05 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
MB
That's awesome man! I also have matte paint and always wondered how a scratch would be repaired, I guess a whole repaint of panel. Do you have any before and after pics? How bad was the scratch? Also did you have a clearbra on the car or ever thought about getting it done?
Old 07-28-2014, 02:13 PM

I don't have pics, but I am the most OCD person in the planet. I wash my hands and ensure clean clothes and shoes bottom surgical shoe covers before entering my SLSBSC to give you an idea of my OCD.

The shop has pics - but to appreciate it you have to see the finish in person. I actually looked at the paint with a low power hand held microscope unde varying colors of light as well as a sun light. Also ran my hands over the finish with to inspect for particulant matter.

It's 100% perfect respray of the bumper.

It's now heading to Dr Beasleys for paint protect.

I have never had any clear bra as I like not having that on my car, it's equal to a case on an iPhone or plastic covers on sofas. Hehe.

Faraz
Old 07-28-2014, 02:27 PM

MB
Originally Posted by Faraz
I don't have pics, but I am the most OCD person in the planet. I wash my hands and ensure clean clothes and shoes bottom surgical shoe covers before entering my SLSBSC to give you an idea of my OCD.

The shop has pics - but to appreciate it you have to see the finish in person. I actually looked at the paint with a low power hand held microscope unde varying colors of light as well as a sun light. Also ran my hands over the finish with to inspect for particulant matter.

It's 100% perfect respray of the bumper.

It's now heading to Dr Beasleys for paint protect.

I have never had any clear bra as I like not having that on my car, it's equal to a case on an iPhone or plastic covers on sofas. Hehe.

Faraz
Haha I'm pretty much the same way with the hands and clothes etc. That's great they were able to do a perfect match on a very tough paint job. I just bought myself the Dr. Beasley Matte Paint Kit for my matte 507, heard nothing but great things about it.

I feel like I'm OCD like you but I think the front of the car would bug me to death if I started to see rock chips dagingbthe paint, with the clearbra it should help with that. Do rock chips or anything like that bother you on the matte?
Old 07-31-2014, 01:04 AM

The Magno (Matte) paint is far more durable - I haven't had any problems with chips. I also don't drive close enough to anyone to get chips.
Old 07-31-2014, 03:09 AM

C63 AMG 507 Edition
Originally Posted by LakeShow23
Haha I'm pretty much the same way with the hands and clothes etc. That's great they were able to do a perfect match on a very tough paint job. I just bought myself the Dr. Beasley Matte Paint Kit for my matte 507, heard nothing but great things about it.
I always wanted to get a decent view of the Magno 507, do you mind posting a few good pics of it?
Old 07-31-2014, 01:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2,810 Likes on 1,664 Posts
2012 P31 C63 Coupe Trackrat, 2019 GLE63S Coupe Beast
Pics or it didn't happen
Old 07-31-2014, 03:26 PM

Sorry no pics yet. Not an uber active forum member. I spent years, looking for the right place to paint Magno cars, since I own two Magno Alanite Grey cars - and its good to have that information. I am now sharing that with other fellow Magno car owners.

Amongst those options to repair / repaint were back in Germany at the AMG Performance Studio, and then a factory center in nyc (manhattan). In Chicago, I have found Ohare Auto Body as I stated.

Last edited by Faraz; 07-31-2014 at 03:34 PM.
Old 07-31-2014, 03:44 PM
Banned

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
C63 AMG
Originally Posted by Faraz
...I am the most OCD person in the planet. I wash my hands and ensure clean clothes and shoes bottom surgical shoe covers before entering my SLSBSC to give you an idea of my OCD.

you got me beat