C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

Why do some C63AMG owners try messing with a C6 Z06???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-05-2014, 06:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
PLAID
Originally Posted by HardC63
Look dudes, it happened!

If some of you don’t believe me then whatever. Also, I don’t know what video you guys aretalking about.

Anyway, if throwing out fancy probability calculations to somehow justify the chances of this brand of cars being on the same hwy at the sametime plus calling me names help you guys support your point(s) to perhaps help you to discredit me then so be it.

I know what I saw in person with my own two eyes and believe me, it happened! Like I said, my flame suit is on. Oh well, moving on.
Like I said, Video or banned....................

Who's going to be the first to raise the infamous flag?? (you know guys, the one we use for Timeslips or banned)

OK OK, I'll do it.......................'

and to add to that:
Old 08-05-2014, 10:10 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
2011 C63 AW
Old 08-05-2014, 11:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 286 Likes on 184 Posts
10 C six trizzle
My c63 will slaughter a stock c6 z06. If i was there, i would've made a video of doing it too.
Old 08-06-2014, 04:02 AM

Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts
2012 C63 AMG, 1991 325iS. Ex: 2011 C63 P31

I'm just going to leave this here ....Really guys, why get so worked up over this?
I enjoy taking digs at bigger cars just to see them put it down, but if the guy tells me to "move it along" I will do so. Not continue to dig and annoy him, that's just stupid!
Old 08-06-2014, 04:37 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
AMG
Nothing like a 2013/2014 ZR1 Boosted and Modded!
I'm on the hunt for one at the moment. Trying to find one in Australia or even going down the route of importing one myself through my mate's company.

One of the fastest cars on the planet 0-300km/h. And outright muscle! Love it.
I'd found one here recently, even flew interstate to buy it, but it had already been sold. Even after i'd offered $10k more than the buyer.

So if anyone in Australia has or knows anyone with one that has already been converted to RHD please let me know. Thanks
Old 08-06-2014, 04:47 AM

Received 43 Likes on 35 Posts
2015 E400 Coupe
Why does anyone care what is faster? To race on public roads is simply crazy as you risk the lives of so many innocent people.
Old 08-06-2014, 07:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 C63 AMG
I know Im mad late to this now, but I actually messed with one the other night and we stayed right next to each other in a 3rd gear pull from 65mph to like 110-115mph on the highway before 2 cars infront of us prevented the little duo to continue. His was modded, I'm stock, but I just wanted to see what would happen. Trust me I know all about Z06's esp the C6 so I wasnt like out on a mission, but it really depends on what the car has done to it and the driver in those instances.
Old 08-06-2014, 08:00 AM

2009 C63
Originally Posted by PurpleHeartAMG
Mmm I've got such a soft spot for a nice widebody z06.

Street racing is dumb... yea... I'm sure nobody here has done it before because we're responsible!

I wouldn't pull to 150 against a vette but I'd give it a bit of a go just to see how the C63 stacks up. I got froggy with an f10 m5 not long ago and was very pleasantly surprised with how my stock c did.
Uh, well, how did your stock C63 do? A slightly detailed overview, please?

No, I've no good story to tell.........other than seeing and rolling for about 5 miles next to a ZR1 a couple weekends back while buzzing around S. Florida. And drooling at a stop light when I rolled the window down to hear that burbling, gurgling, and menacing V8 sound at idle.

Sounds like ours with a bit - no, alot - of extra anger and aggression.

We seem to have a sound reminiscent of a truck's V8, but the ZR1's seemed to say "I am going to smash your frickin face against the sidewalk repeatedly if you @&%! with me. Don't get it twisted; you ain't in my league, b$#@h".

I thought "Whoa. Yes, sir." and I went about the business of getting to the mall...........as the wife sarcastically took a "You's a punk" shot my manhood. Like her S8 could do any better, I replied. She chuckled.
Old 08-06-2014, 08:10 AM
MBWorld God!

Received 3,351 Likes on 2,807 Posts
2012 CLS63
Old 08-06-2014, 11:05 AM

2014 C63 507 (sold), 2017 C63S Coupe
Originally Posted by dchl21
it don't matter how fast the z06 is ... I still prefer to ride in a benz
+1
Old 08-06-2014, 01:32 PM

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
C63 AMG
Lol at over exemplifying a Z06. They are beasts but come on. This isn't a civic forum where you are talkong about a civic going up against a Z06. It was a C63 P31 for gods sake. Thats pretty ****ing close numbers wise. Besides one is a two seater that weighs less whilst the other is a uber luxury 4/5 seater with plenty of storage room. In other words the fact that the C63 can even keep up speaks to its credibility. Maybe next time buy a Z06 and report back instead of owning an imaginery M5 and C63.
Old 08-06-2014, 03:18 PM
Banned

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
C63 AMG
Originally Posted by Mitch111
Uh, well, how did your stock C63 do? A slightly detailed overview, please?

No, I've no good story to tell.........other than seeing and rolling for about 5 miles next to a ZR1 a couple weekends back while buzzing around S. Florida. And drooling at a stop light when I rolled the window down to hear that burbling, gurgling, and menacing V8 sound at idle.

Sounds like ours with a bit - no, alot - of extra anger and aggression.

We seem to have a sound reminiscent of a truck's V8, but the ZR1's seemed to say "I am going to smash your frickin face against the sidewalk repeatedly if you @&%! with me. Don't get it twisted; you ain't in my league, b$#@h".

I thought "Whoa. Yes, sir." and I went about the business of getting to the mall...........as the wife sarcastically took a "You's a punk" shot my manhood. Like her S8 could do any better, I replied. She chuckled.
Your wife clipped your *****?
This story is inane

A sound is going to smash your car's sounds face in?
A car scared you and made you puss out?
What the heck would happen if a person confronted you?
Run and leave your wife to fend for herself?
Cars aren 't people and don't have feelings, attitudes or personalities
Wth are you talking about?

I liked the she has an s8 bit was slipped in
And the I replied, she chuckled grade school level writing crap

Our educational system sucks

Last edited by Ingenieur; 08-06-2014 at 03:25 PM.
Old 08-06-2014, 03:28 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C63 AMG
Originally Posted by Razzy
Lol at over exemplifying a Z06. They are beasts but come on. This isn't a civic forum where you are talkong about a civic going up against a Z06. It was a C63 P31 for gods sake. Thats pretty ****ing close numbers wise. Besides one is a two seater that weighs less whilst the other is a uber luxury 4/5 seater with plenty of storage room. In other words the fact that the C63 can even keep up speaks to its credibility. Maybe next time buy a Z06 and report back instead of owning an imaginery M5 and C63.

Really dude...really? My friend, if you only knew

Throughout this thread I've been accused of: creating BS (I guess because I should have filmed the two fools racing on the hwy just to prove to this forum that it happened...hmmm...all while driving home doing about 70-80mph listening to my satellite radio - The Groove). Then a Liar (because I guess these type of cars can never be on the same road, going the same direction at the same, therefore...). A Chevy Fan-Boy (because I said the vette simply left that C63 in the dust). A troll (I guess because I didn't mention the Z06 is like 700-800lbs lighter vs. the C63. I know that, the fool who picked the fight should have known that...or maybe he did) and now this new one - the imaginary owner of an M5 and a C63 (why this one? Heck, who knows)

Oh well, at the end of the day, I know what happened and I know what I saw. The name calling in this thread towards me may continue mainly from those who I guess I pissed off somehow...maybe it helps them feel better. But hey, oh well...I never disrespected anyone by calling them names or by accusing them of whatever...I just stayed cool like the Wolf-Man (Pulp Fiction) while laughing and shaking my head at some of these accusations/replies. No skin off my back

FWIW, I don't hate Mercs, I like all cars. In fact, my current C63 is our second Merc, the first one was an '08 E63 which was taken back due damaged engine after lifters failure

Why all this heat towards me? It is beacuse I expressed an opinion based on what I witnessed? If so, I guess I should have said: "I was driving home and saw a POS C6 Z06 beat-up on a super nice great C63 coupe from a roll, but who cares, the Z06 still sucks anyway" and left it at that. Perhaps this way would have gained a better reading/accepting aproval from some of the AMG hard-core lovers in this forum/thread. But wait, I'm an AMG lover as well, but I love ALL CARS first!

Maybe there is a lesson I need to learn - that is: do not say anything negative regarding C63AMG's in this forum; only favorable comments/opinions. Otherwise, be prepare to be blasted, accused of telling tales and/or be called names Que sera, sera

No biggie - time to watch SHARKNADO 2 - "the second one"
Old 08-06-2014, 03:32 PM
Banned

C63 AMG
Why is the C63BS FASTER around the 'Ring

Why is the C63 only 2.5% slower despite having less power, smaller tires, worse tranny and weighing 25% more?

The z06 is over-rated
Old 08-06-2014, 03:37 PM
Banned

C63 AMG
Originally Posted by Ingenieur
Nurburgring Horst Von Saurma
Z06 7:49
C63BS 7:46 (hmmm faster, what is the $$$ difference?)
E63S 7:55 (>1000 lbs heavier and yet 6 sec in 13 miles)
C63 8:01 (only 2.5% slower but 25% heavier, less power/torque, smaller tires, auto vs manual, etc.)

seems like the Z06 is UNDER-performing? no?
With all the jizzing, pissing and quivering/quaking going on by the schoolboyz over the z06 will some explain to me why the cars are so close considering the massive 'on paper' advantage the z06 has?
Old 08-07-2014, 08:13 AM

2009 C63
Originally Posted by Ingenieur
Your wife clipped your *****?
This story is inane

A sound is going to smash your car's sounds face in?
A car scared you and made you puss out?
What the heck would happen if a person confronted you?
Run and leave your wife to fend for herself?
Cars aren 't people and don't have feelings, attitudes or personalities
Wth are you talking about?

I liked the she has an s8 bit was slipped in
And the I replied, she chuckled grade school level writing crap

Our educational system sucks
Sniff, sniff............my feelins is hurt from this tremendous display internet courage. Let's see, your lack reading comprehension means our educational system sucks? Interesting take.

But since we're being all grade-school and what not, is this the part when I'm supposed to say "I'm talking about your skanky mama, aka my wife" or something like "Now stick this reply in you mama's puss" ?? I keep telling her she should've aborted you.

Anyway, as far as defending one's self? You come on down to Florida and get froggy. We ain't NY, NJ, CT, CA, or any such - and you exactly what I'm taking about.

I dare you. Pick any Floridian 'cause we're more like Texas. You'll get your face kicked in get lead poisoining or both.

Ingenieur, you aint no genius and you're getting a little full of yourself.
Old 08-07-2014, 02:23 PM

dreams
Ok, I'm way late to the party but kind of surprised to see all the contention. I didn't think OP's post was biased or 'useless'. The Z06 is fast. ****, even Buicks are putting out 300+ hp cars now. I guess I just beta-ishly accept that there are many faster cars than the C63. :P

Last edited by dcho; 08-07-2014 at 02:27 PM.
Old 08-07-2014, 03:14 PM

C6 Z06, 997 C2S
Obvious troll thread is obvious

If I'm on an empty freeway and a faster car comes along and seems to be in a playful mood, hell yeah I'd play. We don't own these 450+ hp cars just to cruise at 60mph, we can do that in a Prius.

The C6Z is quick, but it's no longer the king of the hill like it used to be when it first came out. A C63 with long tubes and tune (mild mods though costly, relatively speaking) should stay next to a stock C6Z from a roll, and that's assuming the driver can actually shift a C6Z.

3 pedals Vettes are not easy to drive. On the street the C6Z fights traction like crazy from a dig and the 1st to 2nd shift is a pain when the rear tires aren't hooking for crap. Moral of the story is I, as a C6Z owner, do not think it's farfetched for a C63 to challenge a Z06. Hell if a C63 challenges me, as long as the road is empty and he doesn't have a child in his car I'd run him.
Old 08-07-2014, 03:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 57 Likes on 46 Posts
2006 E320 CDI 2014 C63 507 Coupe 2012 E550 4M 2016 E63s Wagon
Talk about a degenerate thread. Is this what happens when we start discussing Corvettes?

Perhaps I'll start a thread on racing an Aston Martin to elevate the conversation.
Old 08-07-2014, 06:10 PM
Banned

C63 AMG
Tell someone who cares
Your lack of maturity and disjointed stream of consciousness is what indicates our educational system has failed...you write like a teeny bopper swooning about a wet dream heart throb lol

Now you want to fight lol
You'ld fold like a house of cards, All mouth, no spine
Talking about my dead mother and such
What a class act you are, bet your parents are proud
Your wife is smarter than you: you are sackless

Are you 10 years old with 8 year old iq?
People from florida are tougher than other people just because they are from there? Your cheese has slipped off it's cracker nancy

Sounds like I really did a number on you fancy pants
You dare me?
Do you double dog dare me?
What a sad little boy
Next time you see a big bad zr1 put your big boy pants on instead of trying to hide under the front seat...it an inanimate object and can't take anymore of you man(boy?)hood
It can't possibly lower your self esteem any lower

About the zr1 sounding better
You do realize that it has less cam and compression ratio than the amg and makes power from the sc which has 0 effect when idling?
Of course you don't peach fuzz
It's 9.1 vs 11.3, that is a huge difference ralphie

Originally Posted by Mitch111
Sniff, sniff............my feelins is hurt from this tremendous display internet courage. Let's see, your lack reading comprehension means our educational system sucks? Interesting take.

But since we're being all grade-school and what not, is this the part when I'm supposed to say "I'm talking about your skanky mama, aka my wife" or something like "Now stick this reply in you mama's puss" ?? I keep telling her she should've aborted you.

Anyway, as far as defending one's self? You come on down to Florida and get froggy. We ain't NY, NJ, CT, CA, or any such - and you exactly what I'm taking about.

I dare you. Pick any Floridian 'cause we're more like Texas. You'll get your face kicked in get lead poisoining or both.

Ingenieur, you aint no genius and you're getting a little full of yourself.

Last edited by Ingenieur; 08-07-2014 at 06:29 PM.
Old 08-08-2014, 12:00 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2014 E63
Z06 traps 125 - 127mph bone stock
C63 traps 113-115mph bone stock.

Sorry guys, not even close. I used to own a Z06 and it would romp my current P31 C63
Old 08-08-2014, 12:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 286 Likes on 184 Posts
10 C six trizzle
Originally Posted by YellowJacket

Sorry guys, not even close. I used to own a Z06 and it would romp my current P31 C63
I have no doubt a stock c6Z would put the hurt on a stock c63....
except in the real world with normal drivers and normal tires its more like 120mph in the vette. Throwing slicks on a "stock car" doesnt mean it's "stock" anymore.

The vette and gm are all about numbers. Who cares if the driver could ever safely duplicate them. It can make the numbers and has to at all costs. Sure in the hands of the right person they are lethal. Where as a brand like lotus is intentionally designed so that any beginner could hop in and drive the car at 80-90% of it's full potential without alot of skill. corvettes are more like a 50% of potential in the hands of anyone not familiar or fantastic at driving. But in getting the car to perform anywhere near it's peak requires alot of skill. Theres no argument vettes are the king of performance to dollar and overall value for the money. The only car even close in performance for the money is the gtr.
Old 08-08-2014, 07:51 AM

Received 51 Likes on 36 Posts
2024 GLE 63 S AMG SUV
Ran a Yellow C6 Z06 in my 507 Coupe a few weeks ago on George Bush Turnpike.

We ran 3 times from 70 MPH up to.... (just a bit above the speed limit ) and I pulled him all 3 times.

I used to own a C6 Z06 and I thought this 507 felt a bit faster. Guess I was right
Old 08-08-2014, 08:53 AM
Banned

C63 AMG
Originally Posted by YellowJacket

Why is the C63BS faster around the 'Ring?

Why is the 451 HP C 63 only 2.5% slower despite being 25% heavier, having less power , much less tire, auto tranny , no LSD???
Not to mentio 5 passenger sedan vs 2 seat dedicated sportscar

Theses aren't drag racers , they are road cars, and the Z06 really under-performs
Old 08-08-2014, 09:40 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
M4 JB4 Stage 1 vs Boss 302 intake

M4 JB4 Stage 1 vs C7 Stingray

not sure if i'm buying the 480 rwhp claims.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Why do some C63AMG owners try messing with a C6 Z06???