C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

a good aftermarket muffler/cat back exhaust?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-05-2014, 04:42 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2011 MB C63 AMG. 2014 MUSTANG COVERTIBLE V6. 2010 MUSTANG CONVERTIBLE V6.
a good aftermarket muffler/cat back exhaust?

so my current exhaust set up is straight pipes at 2nd cats and resonator. its loud! i don't want to get headers just yet, until my warranty is up. anyone have suggestions of any good cat back exhaust system? that doesn't cost an arm and a leg?
Old 08-05-2014, 09:31 AM

2009 Barolo red C63 AMG (SOLD).13' P31 c63 coupe 2012 porsche panamera
Originally Posted by mikeyyyallday
so my current exhaust set up is straight pipes at 2nd cats and resonator. its loud! i don't want to get headers just yet, until my warranty is up. anyone have suggestions of any good cat back exhaust system? that doesn't cost an arm and a leg?
Leave the stock mufflers. Theyre better than any aftermarket system and nothing sells for under 2k if im not mistaken. If you want more sound just delete your primaries. Pretty much as loud as headers.
Old 08-05-2014, 12:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 369 Likes on 184 Posts
C63 AMG
I wouldn't say that.

If you plan to add LTH. A good catback is recommended. Do you know Eisenmann makes the OE exhaust on Many AMG models? Including the Tips for the C63.

I have had experience with the Akra / Eisenmann and stock setup. Anyone who tells you a solid aftermarket Catback is not worth it, in conjunction with LTH are crazy.

The stock catback is raspy with LTH's. Even with Secondaries + Resonators deleted. The sound is uncontrolled / less refined. Add a solid catback and it sounds extremely controlled and beastly. A good after market cat back allows for higher flow.

Originally Posted by MaroonC63
Leave the stock mufflers. Theyre better than any aftermarket system and nothing sells for under 2k if im not mistaken. If you want more sound just delete your primaries. Pretty much as loud as headers.
Old 08-05-2014, 02:53 PM

2011 MB C63 AMG. 2014 MUSTANG COVERTIBLE V6. 2010 MUSTANG CONVERTIBLE V6.
so i should probably get LTH before shelling out $$$ for a cutback right?
Old 08-05-2014, 03:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 369 Likes on 184 Posts
C63 AMG
Originally Posted by mikeyyyallday
so i should probably get LTH before shelling out $$$ for a cutback right?

I say go with the LTH setup first. If its too much, swap out your catback for a good aftermarket one. You will benefit from the gains of the LTH's.

I personally don't like it super loud. I prefer a more refined sound. I have the Eisenmann race setup and will be adding LTH's in the near future.