C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

Selling my '09 C63 :( - Is the car more marketable with/without the Eurocharged tune?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-06-2014, 03:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 C63
Selling my '09 C63 :( - Is the car more marketable with/without the Eurocharged tune?

I'm currently unloading the C63 because I've decided I can daily drive the Porsche C2S, but it doesn't mean I'm leaving this forum! I attained lots of great information and good fellowship from this forum.

My car has the Eurocharged V5 tune and the handheld tuner for flashing it. I'm debating whether the car is more marketable if I include the tuner and flash, or without. I initially listed the car on Craigslist and I got a lot of questions and concerns over smog checks and getting the car serviced at Mercedes. To the uneducated buyer, a stock car is more appealing.

I believe the handheld tuner I received from Eurocharged is VIN specific? So I would need to send it in to use it on another vehicle anyway. Is there any real value on this tuner? I was thinking of buying the Eurocharged tune for my Porsche.

Additional question - any experience transferring the Extended Mercedes Warranty onto someone else, or returning it?
Old 08-06-2014, 04:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
'12 C63 Black Series, '12 ML350 BlueTech
I think it won't add any value to the uneducated buyer.
You'll be better off selling it separately if it can be used on a different car or just include it in your sale without asking a premium for it.
I would assume extended warranty can be transferred to the new owner. At least my 3rd party warranty is like this.
GLWS
Old 08-06-2014, 06:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 846 Likes on 594 Posts
E63S | X5
I'd market your vehicle without a tune. Stock is more appealing to most buyers (IMO)

I'd also contact eurocharged to see if your handheld can work with your C2S. If so, then I'd keep it. If not, I'd sell the handheld to a member here who can send it to Eurocharged to have a new vin coded etc.
Old 08-06-2014, 11:24 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2016 ATS-V
What would it cost to have the tuner reprogrammed to a new VIN? If it's reasonable and you would like to sell it separately, I may be interested!
Old 08-07-2014, 07:54 AM

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Jag F-Type V8
Honestly, I'd sell it without a tune. When I was looking for a slightly used car, I passed immediately on any car with mods. Mods to me mean that the car was driven harder. They also usually mean that the car was taken car of more, but a detailed inspection can also find out whether a car was taken care of if it doesn't have mods.

You could also list the car in one ad without mods, and a different one with them? Cover more ground?