C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

To Reflash or Not To Reflash

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-08-2014, 10:22 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
AMG
To Reflash or Not To Reflash

So as you all might know, my wife already has a tune on her 63. We went full straight pipes (no cats at all).

Obviously the engine light has come up. Now seeing as we CBF removing her ECU and sending it interstate to have it rectified (because the interstate tuner won't be back for a month) we have thought about going somewhere local.

We spoke with a reputable workshop here in Melbourne who said he can't clear the code because it will come back, but what he can do is download her current tune, and make modifications to it, this is what he said:

"We raise the temperature limits so that the ECU does not think the cat is 'dead' so to speak"

What i want to know is if he does that do we get the advantages of the extra HP gain from running straight pipes or will it need to be Re-Flashed for that?

Now should she do that which is cheaper, or just completely Re-Flash the ECU? Which obviously costs more and runs the risk of having a tune that isn't as good as the current one... Any thoughts?

Just a quick mention, she is extremely happy with the current tune but the only thing she wants to do is eliminate the engine code for the exhaust, she wants it tuned out/tweaked properly, not just cleared.

Last edited by RawBenz; 08-08-2014 at 10:25 AM.
Old 08-08-2014, 12:35 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
S550 on order
Get the tuner to turn off the O2 sensors nothing is wrong with the car
Old 08-08-2014, 12:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 57 Likes on 53 Posts
C63 AMG P30 *EuroCharged*| Porsche Cayenne | Buell XB9SX
Even though they are unavailable for a month, I would stick with the original tuner and ask them to tweak it for catless.
Old 08-08-2014, 07:34 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
AMG
I have found someone locally who says he can turn off the O2 Sensor codes without touching the current tune.

Should i go down that route rather than having to send the ecu interstate again? She needs her car and doesn't want to be waiting a week for her ecu to get back.

Or just get a Re-Flash?

Last edited by RawBenz; 08-08-2014 at 07:40 PM.