C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

C63 color/rear fender options

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-29-2014, 12:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nissan GT-R
C63 color/rear fender options

Hey guys. Planning to pick up a C63 soon. Most likely a 2009. Currently have a 2009 GT-R that I am going to be selling soon and getting a C63 instead. Selling the GT-R so I have a little extra money for some up-coming real estate investments.

My concern with the C63 is the rear tire size. A few GT-R buddies of mine also have a C63 and they say the wheels are too small for the power, especially if tuned. I see something like a 285 is the largest that will fit on the back without modifying the fenders. So I was thinking about getting custom rear fenders done to fit a wider wheel. Anyone here done that? Are there any good kits available for that, or should I just go the custom route? There's a shop near me that specializes in Mercedes and has done this before custom.

My other concern was the paint color. Which color is the easiest to match/cheapest to paint? The Super Silver GT-R I have costs an arm and a leg to paint and is a nightmare to match and get the texture right.

I personally prefer the white C63. Will most likely tune it and do exhaust, and do something for more grip in the rear.
Old 08-29-2014, 01:05 AM

C 63 AMG PP
Hi Mike, a little off topic but can you tell me the difference in driving between a C63 and a GT-R, because I want to trade my C63 PP for a stock 485 hp GT-R
Old 08-29-2014, 01:10 AM

Nissan GT-R
Originally Posted by Rolf de Graaff
Hi Mike, a little off topic but can you tell me the difference in driving between a C63 and a GT-R, because I want to trade my C63 PP for a stock 485 hp GT-R
GT-R is definitely faster. It's rougher than the C63. Surprisingly it's cheaper to modify. Not as quiet in the cabin. The stock GT-R tires cause a lot of road noise. The GT-R is an absolute blast to drive though. If I had to choose between the two it would definitely be the GT-R. Do full bolt ons and E85 on the GT-R and you end up around 600whp. The transmissions are weak. Mine is currently having the transmission built. Decided to sell the car halfway through the build so once it's done I am selling it.

C63 is obviously going to be more comfortable of a ride. But I daily the GT-R and have no problem driving it any distance. I drove it from Washington DC to Miami, Florida in 15 hours straight only stopping to eat. Had no issues.
Old 08-29-2014, 01:24 AM

C 63 AMG PP
And I love the looks of the GT-R. Do they all suffer from weak gearboxes and is it an expensive repair?
Old 08-29-2014, 01:26 AM

C 63 AMG PP
Btw a freind of mine is driving 295's in the rear. I am not sure if the fenders are rolled. It's on Brabus wheels.
Old 08-29-2014, 02:15 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
2011 C63 AW
I have stock 255s on rear. The largest I have read others going on the stock rims is 275s. I have white. I would not get white because I see EVERYTHING in the paint and sometimes it drives me nuts. Imperfections are going to be caused by bird droppings and insects. I had a Palladium Silver C350 and that color was incredible in every way.

I'd get silver, or they have a deep blue that is pretty. No black....very hard to maintain but looks the best.
Old 08-29-2014, 12:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 369 Likes on 184 Posts
C63 AMG
If you are doing a rear wide body. Make it worth it. 295's on the back of the C63 would not be wasted. IMHO the C63 would be an absolute monster with some nice wide rubber out back. We just need the wider rear fenders. The front are good enough I think.

Color is totally upto you. Cant make that decision for you.
Old 08-29-2014, 02:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
'12 C63 Black Series, '12 ML350 BlueTech
I was almost about to do the same as rolf. With the dealer cash going on '14 model year you could snap a gtr for almost $20k off msrp. But the practicality of the back seats got me thinking. Gtr could be a bit boring to drive compare to the C63 because it is AWD vs RWD but the car is damn fast!! And for roughly $5k of mods you can end up wit 600whp (air intake/downpipes/catback/tune/injector and ao on). It is definitely a great toy car.
OP as for your car search did you find something? I still got mine for sale and it is white :-)
Old 08-30-2014, 12:17 AM

Nissan GT-R
Originally Posted by abcut973
I was almost about to do the same as rolf. With the dealer cash going on '14 model year you could snap a gtr for almost $20k off msrp. But the practicality of the back seats got me thinking. Gtr could be a bit boring to drive compare to the C63 because it is AWD vs RWD but the car is damn fast!! And for roughly $5k of mods you can end up wit 600whp (air intake/downpipes/catback/tune/injector and ao on). It is definitely a great toy car.
OP as for your car search did you find something? I still got mine for sale and it is white :-)
How much for your car?

People say the GT-R is boring because of AWD vs RWD etc, they said it's like a robot and drives for you. GT-R is extremely fun. I hate that I am getting rid of it. 600whp makes it even more fun, a ton faster than stock. Pretty much destroys anything you could possibly come across driving on the street. You can go to the drag strip and almost run 9s then drive the car home.
Old 08-30-2014, 02:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
'12 C63 Black Series, '12 ML350 BlueTech
See => https://mbworld.org/forums/mercedes-...c63-sedan.html

It depends if you want a modded car or not , high / low mileage.
Mine has been well taken care of. let me know if you are interested.
Old 08-30-2014, 11:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 286 Likes on 184 Posts
10 C six trizzle
c63's dont have traction problems if you run the right tire. A tune,headers, exhaust etc dont make them have traction problems. A supercharger on the other hand will. You cant expect to put down 500whp on street tires on any car. Seen quite a few custom black series wide body kits which allow for larger tires.
Old 08-31-2014, 01:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 846 Likes on 594 Posts
E63S | X5
Originally Posted by -Marlin-
I have stock 255s on rear. The largest I have read others going on the stock rims is 275s. I have white. I would not get white because I see EVERYTHING in the paint and sometimes it drives me nuts. Imperfections are going to be caused by bird droppings and insects. I had a Palladium Silver C350 and that color was incredible in every way.

I'd get silver, or they have a deep blue that is pretty. No black....very hard to maintain but looks the best.
I've had both a white and black C63. The white hides damage better, such as rock chips in the hood. But yes, if I go drive at night it is a bloody bug massacre when I come out to the car in the morning.

Black... Ugh. chips, swirls, small scratches. You name it, it showed up. It looked amazing from 15+ feet away. But up close you just saw everything.

If I had to do it all over I would probably stick with white.

OP - 275's will be fine. You should also get a wider wheel, most common aftermarket rear width is 10''.

The GTR is an awesome toy. But the C63 is just nice to be in and drive.

Happy shopping