C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

Has anyone heard from Weistec? My car died!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-10-2014, 09:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts
2006 E55
This thread sux.
Op get a clue
Old 09-10-2014, 09:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 846 Likes on 594 Posts
E63S | X5
Originally Posted by Worth the wait
This thread sux.
Op get a clue
I had a tone that was going against how the OP addressed this thread with title and vagueness, particularly given the level of modifications he has.

That said, share what is wrong with his car since you have the clue and know everything? Otherwise, you're just worthless.

OP --- that video sounds like a dead battery, which would be caused by a bad alternator while you were driving.

I assume you tried a charged battery, yes?

Last edited by CarHopper; 09-10-2014 at 09:48 PM.
Old 09-10-2014, 10:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
C63 AMG
Originally Posted by PurpleHeartAMG
I had a tone that was going against how the OP addressed this thread with title and vagueness, particularly given the level of modifications he has.

That said, share what is wrong with his car since you have the clue and know everything? Otherwise, you're just worthless.

OP --- that video sounds like a dead battery, which would be caused by a bad alternator while you were driving.

I assume you tried a charged battery, yes?
Ouch purple, harsh! Lol
I agree on battery atm as it does not appear to have the amps to get her started, having said that, the battery only starts a car, the alternator runs the car and charges the battery back up.
So the battery may actually be perfectly fine and the alternator may just be the culprit.
Old 09-10-2014, 10:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 846 Likes on 594 Posts
E63S | X5
Originally Posted by Autosport7
Ouch purple, harsh! Lol
I agree on battery atm as it does not appear to have the amps to get her started, having said that, the battery only starts a car, the alternator runs the car and charges the battery back up.
So the battery may actually be perfectly fine and the alternator may just be the culprit.
Correct, but if the OP put in a new charged battery it would start and run fine for a bit until the charge died.
Old 09-10-2014, 10:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 53 Likes on 43 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
Originally Posted by BAD430BENZ
So i'm guessing both you guys have received instant support on every problem you have had in every situation . You guys need to understand that Blown63 is not sleeping with Steve . He is a paying customer like many others have been , including myself . When i first got my car back from Weistec , many moons ago , i had an issue with hesitation and the car would stall . I had to tow it back to my house and wait for a call back from Steve . He called me back the next day and set up a way to get things taken care of but i would have never expected him to answer that call , or any call i ever made to him , within minutes . I would be willing to bet that Jim and Earl don't get their calls answered every time and they have done more business than anyone else .

Weistec is a stand up company and they have some great customer service

Obviously , Weistec and the shop that did the install seem to be already be taking care of the customer's car
You are correct, Steve and Mike are not sitting around waiting for my calls lol. Sometimes I have to wait to hear back from them but I ALWAYS hear back from them. I don't think some of you guys realize how many blowers Weistec has sold not to mention turbo upgrades. They are a thriving and growing company, Steve and Mike are spread thin so they have hired a sales and customer service staff. I am sure everyone wants the personal attention of dealing with an owner, who wouldn't? They do enjoy interacting with their customers but they have a company to run. In addition to sales and customer service Steve and Mike work on developing new stuff, tuning and engineering. I am sure they also deal with all their vendors as well as all of their authorzed dealers. Their forte is the R&D and engineering, that is what those two guys do best so the hired a good staff of guys to deal with the marketing, sales and customer service so they could focus on devloping new parts for all of us. I have been a Weistec customer since day one, I was their very first customer. I have seen them grow and seen them evolve and they are actually a more customer centric company now than they used to be which is good for everyone.
Old 09-10-2014, 10:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63 Weistec Supercharged
Still think we need more information, if the OP has been having mods done throughout the year?..... his signature list is mighty impressive.

What was the last mod that was done or was it all done in one go?
Old 09-10-2014, 11:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
SLK55 AMG - Renntech Supercharged
As soon as I saw the video I thought battery/alternator, but you guys have already hit on that.
Old 09-10-2014, 11:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
2010 C63 Estate
has anyone noticed that Blown63 is now literally that?
PUN intended.

Nah, but seriosuly. GL with fixing it.
You have some serious mods. McLovin it.
Old 09-10-2014, 11:35 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2015 CLS63 S-AMG
I put a new battery in and it still did not work, the video is taken after the new batter was installed. As for an alternator I already had one alternator fail on me after getting my car back together the first time it was at weistec. This is a new alternator i had installed at benz, so i doubt its the alternator again.

I hope everyone here can understand and respect there is soo much more that goes on behind the scenes. There is so much more that happens then what is posted on this forum, let alone on this thread. I have spoken with Wiestec and I appreciate them reaching out to me. I just want my car back on the road again, that is my one and only goal here.
Old 09-10-2014, 11:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 42 Likes on 36 Posts
C63 AMG
If the battery is dead it won't turn over, it will just do nothing, even if it's low, it won't do anything.

Hope she isn't hydro locked.

Pull the plugs and try turn it over.
Old 09-11-2014, 04:46 AM

2012 C63 AMG
I'll Teach You How To Dial A Phone....

Not only did this douche canoe offend me. He ticked me off so bad that I decided to make this post.

This guy is someone who is so offensive that he must be considered as quite possibly the biggest **** storm of douche canoery, AS IN: HE IS the McGouches of Douches. You read it here and I am about to put an end to this loser. (I have never met him in person either than GOD!)

1. Pick up the phone and dial it. Call Weistec... they are all waiting for your phone call!
2. Talk to the people working on your car with "words."
3. Give a sh*t, you stupid retard. Use facts. What's not working?

Please help me comprehend how this man can possibly own let alone, drive such a vehicle without complaining or crying like a 6 year old kid? I feel really sorry for his companion, male or female. I'm guessing he's a loner ....

Oh and "BLOWN63" based on your BLOWNUP threads, I shall respond with the following;

1. "The blower making odd noise:" It would be your boyfriend in the front seat.
2. "The bad cabin smell:" it would the disease infested hooker in the front seat.
3. "Shift-Sector:" Everyone went to Shift-S3ctor thanks for not showing up!
4. "Goodies for Sale:" Ouch "Nobody wants them" and btw why would you even try to sell us EvoSport shiat? You are that dumb. Hella dumb. Ouch.

Will someone please give this guy the ***** boot?
Old 09-11-2014, 05:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2010 C63 Estate
Old 09-11-2014, 05:06 AM

2012 C63 AMG
If she's "Hydro locked" get out of the hot tub....

And if the battery is dead... buy new ones.... Check out CVS... lol
Old 09-11-2014, 05:29 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
03' CL55 AMG
People like Blowing69 are the reason i stopped using MBWorld as much as i use to, there are quite a few of those type of people on here now a days...
Old 09-11-2014, 07:18 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2010 C63 Estate
Originally Posted by CharlestonN
People like Blowing69........
Oh man

Last edited by AMG893; 09-11-2014 at 07:18 AM. Reason: left off the 9
Old 09-11-2014, 07:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,572 Likes on 925 Posts
2010 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by CharlestonN
People like Blowing69 are the reason i stopped using MBWorld as much as i use to, there are quite a few of those type of people on here now a days...
So now you just come back to write useless posts. Got it...
Old 09-11-2014, 07:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
A V8
wtf did i just read, holy hell
Old 09-11-2014, 08:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 53 Likes on 43 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
Originally Posted by LuckyKimmy
Not only did this douche canoe offend me. He ticked me off so bad that I decided to make this post.

This guy is someone who is so offensive that he must be considered as quite possibly the biggest **** storm of douche canoery, AS IN: HE IS the McGouches of Douches. You read it here and I am about to put an end to this loser. (I have never met him in person either than GOD!)

1. Pick up the phone and dial it. Call Weistec... they are all waiting for your phone call!

Please help me comprehend how this man can possibly own let alone, drive such a vehicle without complaining or crying like a 6 year old kid? I feel really sorry for his companion, male or female. I'm guessing he's a loner ....

Oh and "BLOWN63" based on your BLOWNUP threads, I shall respond with the following;

2. "The bad cabin smell:" it would the disease infested hooker in the front seat.
4. "Goodies for Sale:" Ouch "Nobody wants them" and btw why would you even try to sell us EvoSport shiat? You are that dumb. Hella dumb. Ouch.

Kimmy, I think its obvious that OP didn't start this thread because he wanted help from people in the forum, it is a clear attempt at a slam on Weistec...a poor on at that. Its simply a big dramatic thread title with ZERO content, he has done it before.

FYI, I know OP and he is a good guy but his tactics are getting lame. Fact, Weistec flew to Chicago to work on OPs car a year ago, I know this because the work was done in my shop. Furthermore the problem Weistec diagnosed at that time was a cracked header which had nothing whatsoever to do with Weistec. The video OP posted in this thread clearly looks and sounds like an electrical or charging system issue, not sure how that would pertain to Weistec in the first place???.
Old 09-11-2014, 08:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
'16 A45 AMG
Crazy thread, I think it's not the best place to work this out.

Stay in contact with weistec, give them a realistic time to fix it and see how it works then.
Old 09-11-2014, 08:59 AM

Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts
2012 C63 AMG, 1991 325iS. Ex: 2011 C63 P31
Originally Posted by AMG893
I also didn't see that coming!
Am I missing something here? I didn't see the OP getting agro or aggressive at anybody here, so why the hate towards him?
Old 09-11-2014, 09:10 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2010 C63 AMG, 2011 Mini Cooper (work)
... What just happened.

Old 09-11-2014, 09:24 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2006 C55 AMG
Originally Posted by LuckyKimmy

lol Pick up the phone and call Weistec, yeah because he never tried that one right! Holy ****, you're up to something ground breaking with that post. Thanks for the revelation man!.......

As for posting all the OP's threads he started, again, pointless.
Your entire post was pointless. All the OP did was say something's wrong with my car, so and so isn't responding.
Old 09-11-2014, 09:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
C63 AMG
Originally Posted by jrcart
The video OP posted in this thread clearly looks and sounds like an electrical or charging system issue, not sure how that would pertain to Weistec in the first place???.
Not sure how it pertains to Weistec in the first place? WOW!
Jim, with all due respect here, It most certainly is Weistecs responsibility to check over the electrical system to ensure that it is charging correctly since a blower was installed with a non-oem pulley running the system.

If someone was running an underdrive pulley on their car and were not receiving proper charging would one not place blame on the pulley that was installed due to a lesser diameter pulley running the system?

It may not be Weistecs fault that the system isn't working properly if a pre-existing issue was had by the op's car, but one would certainly think they ran diagnostics once the blower was installed to ensure proper charging was had by the alternator that is now being run by non-oem products.

As I implied in my previous posts, service is more important than any other aspect of business operations.

At this point no one knows the issue, so this is all speculation. Where I (with my self entitled sense of importance) felt Weistec rubbed me the wrong way was basically telling OP to stand in line with his ticket stub ready. I personally just do not feel this is good business acumen.

OP can you tell us how long it took Weistec to respond to your initial placed attempts at contacting Weistec?

Not even sure why I really care. OP Good luck getting her fixed up Bro! I know this has been a long process for you, hope it all works out.

Last edited by Autosport7; 09-11-2014 at 10:02 AM.
Old 09-11-2014, 10:18 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 42 Likes on 36 Posts
C63 AMG
Blown has spent a lot of cash on his car and had tons of problems with it, personally I would have drove it off a bridge a long time ago. But he's stuck with it trying to get it fixed up and running. He has shown a great deal of patience in my eyes.

I think all he wants is running car, I'm sure if he wanted to attack anyone he could have easily done that a long time ago.

Some people in this thread need a reality check and to grow up. No one is slamming anyone, not everything is a sunny day with a blower, especially stage 3. I had problems with mine for months and months, I almost sold it, but stuck with it and got it fixed.

These cars are extremely finicky, what works for one car doesn't necessarily work for others.

I now have 20,000km on mine since installing the blower. Since fixing the hiccups it's been running strong and flawless. I've taken it on a few 2500km road trips like it was completely stock. Pretty sure this is one if not the highest mileage stage 3s running. I drive it daily everywhere

The pointless personal attacks need to stop and are very childish.

Last edited by Merc63; 09-11-2014 at 10:23 AM.
Old 09-11-2014, 10:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 39 Likes on 36 Posts
2010 C63 AMG, 2009 ISF , 2002 L-Tuned IS300, 2011 ML350
Well said Merc63...

It must be very frustrating to spend that much money & have an unreliable car. (which is part of the modding game at some extend)

Hope he gets the issues fixed like you did, and start enjoying his supercharged car.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Has anyone heard from Weistec? My car died!