C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

Has anyone heard from Weistec? My car died!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-11-2014, 11:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 53 Likes on 43 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
Originally Posted by Autosport7
Not sure how it pertains to Weistec in the first place? WOW!
Jim, with all due respect here, It most certainly is Weistecs responsibility to check over the electrical system to ensure that it is charging correctly since a blower was installed with a non-oem pulley running the system.

If someone was running an underdrive pulley on their car and were not receiving proper charging would one not place blame on the pulley that was installed due to a lesser diameter pulley running the system?

It may not be Weistecs fault that the system isn't working properly if a pre-existing issue was had by the op's car, but one would certainly think they ran diagnostics once the blower was installed to ensure proper charging was had by the alternator that is now being run by non-oem products.

As I implied in my previous posts, service is more important than any other aspect of business operations.

At this point no one knows the issue, so this is all speculation. Where I (with my self entitled sense of importance) felt Weistec rubbed me the wrong way was basically telling OP to stand in line with his ticket stub ready. I personally just do not feel this is good business acumen.

OP can you tell us how long it took Weistec to respond to your initial placed attempts at contacting Weistec?

Not even sure why I really care. OP Good luck getting her fixed up Bro! I know this has been a long process for you, hope it all works out.
He said put 100 miles on the car so obviously the car was running and charging when it left Weistec. If you think a car with a bad charging system could make it in a trailer for California to Chicago and then be driven fine for 100 miles WITH NO CEL OR BATTERY IDIOT LIGHT ILLUMINATING you are a fool. Surely you are not suggesting that a car with a bad battery or alternator or voltage regulator could be driven 100 miles over a weeks time and multiple starts are you??? Not sure why you take issue with their "ticket system", there has to be some type of system or it would be chaos. At any given time there are 20 plus cars at Weistec for service/builds. As for the amount of maoney the OP spent with Wesitec, I have news for you there are a lot of Weistec customer that spend $20K+ on mods...there are a lot of Wesitec customers that spend $50K too. I know of a few customers that have purcahsed 4 blowers systems from Weisitec. I know of customers that have purcahsed entire turn key vehicles from Weistec. Weistec has to walk a fine line, do they want to make a customer that only buys a tune or a set of headers any less important than the guy that drops $30k on an SLS blower? The guy buying a tune today might be the guy doing a blower upgrade in 6 months. So until you have walked a day in their shoes you have no idea or say in how they should handle their "ticket system". They simply can not all be serviced at the same time. I have probably spent more money with Weistec than most and spent tens of thousands of dolalrs simply hauling my cars around the country doing various races and events with Weistec stickers plastered to my vehicles and set a world record and even I have to wait in line from time to time.

Bottom line this is an isolated incident, Weistec is not a problem vendor/tuner. The system they have in place is obviously working because it is rare that you ever hear anyone complaining about the quality of service or lead-times from Weistec. Instead of the OP getting on here and acting as if this is a Weistec problem I would have first taken the car to an MB dealer or indy shop and at least gotten it diagnosed and then if it somehow happened to turn out to be Weistec related take it up with Weistec and then if you did not like the way Wesitec resolved/handled then start a thread that takes a swing at Weistec. The OP himself stated he has no clue what the issue is so how does he expect Wesitec to diagnose the issue from 2000 miles away???????
Old 09-11-2014, 11:18 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2010 C63 AMG, 2011 Mini Cooper (work)
I think this thread is basically turning into Weistec Customers who are very close to them VS people who expect personalized service.

The point I'm making is that neither side is going to change their mind on the subject. This is CLEARLY an issue between Weistec and Blown63. The personal insults, shop bashing, and stupid arguing happening in this thread is ridiculous. Blown63 and Weistec should settle this outside of this forum and no one else needs to get involved in it or spend anymore time working out their e-***** over the subject.

Most of us are adults. Some of us (not me) have kids and others who look up to us. As an adult community, especially one where most people here make WELL above the national average, we should be acting much more mature than this thread is representing.
Old 09-11-2014, 11:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
C63 AMG
Originally Posted by jrcart
He said put 100 miles on the car so obviously the car was running and charging when it left Weistec. If you think a car with a bad charging system could make it in a trailer for California to Chicago and then be driven fine for 100 miles WITH NO CEL OR BATTERY IDIOT LIGHT ILLUMINATING you are a fool. Surely you are not suggesting that a car with a bad battery or alternator or voltage regulator could be driven 100 miles over a weeks time and multiple starts are you??? Not sure why you take issue with their "ticket system", there has to be some type of system or it would be chaos. At any given time there are 20 plus cars at Weistec for service/builds. As for the amount of maoney the OP spent with Wesitec, I have news for you there are a lot of Weistec customer that spend $20K+ on mods...there are a lot of Wesitec customers that spend $50K too. I know of a few customers that have purcahsed 4 blowers systems from Weisitec. I know of customers that have purcahsed entire turn key vehicles from Weistec. Weistec has to walk a fine line, do they want to make a customer that only buys a tune or a set of headers any less important than the guy that drops $30k on an SLS blower? The guy buying a tune today might be the guy doing a blower upgrade in 6 months. So until you have walked a day in their shoes you have no idea or say in how they should handle their "ticket system". They simply can not all be serviced at the same time. I have probably spent more money with Weistec than most and spent tens of thousands of dolalrs simply hauling my cars around the country doing various races and events with Weistec stickers plastered to my vehicles and set a world record and even I have to wait in line from time to time.

Bottom line this is an isolated incident, Weistec is not a problem vendor/tuner. The system they have in place is obviously working because it is rare that you ever hear anyone complaining about the quality of service or lead-times from Weistec. Instead of the OP getting on here and acting as if this is a Weistec problem I would have first taken the car to an MB dealer or indy shop and at least gotten it diagnosed and then if it somehow happened to turn out to be Weistec related take it up with Weistec and then if you did not like the way Wesitec resolved/handled then start a thread that takes a swing at Weistec. The OP himself stated he has no clue what the issue is so how does he expect Wesitec to diagnose the issue from 2000 miles away???????
There is no question that you are an educated man. You certainly know how to make/spend money. You also know a lot about cars, but with your comments above, do you understand the charging system of a car?
The system may not be completely bad for an issue to arise, the system may just not be operating optimally to keep the system charging as it should be, and every time you drive the car you wear the system down more and more over time. So yes, I do believe he could have put 100 miles on the car before an issue showed its face. Having said that with more information provided recently, it would not appear that that the charging system is the issue if the car wouldn't even start with a new battery.
As for the Ticket System, You are a business owner yourself and are always going to look at these situations from that point of view. I myself am also a business owner along side my wife, a very successful business at that, along with working a day job outside of that business where I am part of the business development and operations team. I can assure you your point of view and that of the individuals spending 10's of thousands of dollars who want quick answers are going to differ significatly. If work was done by my personal shop, and I had an issue, I AM NOT GOING TO TAKE IT TO AN MB DEALER WITH THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS WORTH OF MODS ON IT where those aswads cant change oil without screwing something up! At this point I take nothing you say seriously for even mentioning something like this. His car is a Frankenstein, think a regular doctor can fix it??? No way in hell, the individuals who had their hands in the mix need to diagnose it and fix it.
My issue has nothing to do with the clientele, no matter how much or how little, their service has to match it, or it will not survive. Like you did say this seems isolated as Weistec has a great reputation and you don't see many issues, but we are talking this situation, no others.

Your in Trucking right...
Your guy calls you heavy wheels department with an issue and he is stranded on the side of the road, do they tell him to take a ticket and wait to hear back 24hrs later? NO! They get someone out there asap to get it fixed.

Last edited by Autosport7; 09-11-2014 at 11:26 AM.
Old 09-11-2014, 11:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63 AMG
Originally Posted by deadfission
I think this thread is basically turning into Weistec Customers who are very close to them VS people who expect personalized service.

The point I'm making is that neither side is going to change their mind on the subject. This is CLEARLY an issue between Weistec and Blown63. The personal insults, shop bashing, and stupid arguing happening in this thread is ridiculous. Blown63 and Weistec should settle this outside of this forum and no one else needs to get involved in it or spend anymore time working out their e-***** over the subject.

Most of us are adults. Some of us (not me) have kids and others who look up to us. As an adult community, especially one where most people here make WELL above the national average, we should be acting much more mature than this thread is representing.
I agree, as I stated earlier, I'm not even sure why I care. lol
But then I got started in on CS and that is something I am somewhat passionate about, so I probably let this get the best of me...
Old 09-11-2014, 11:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I understand exactly how a charging system works, thanks for your concers. A bad battery will run forever(in most cases) until you shut the car off so long as the rest of the charging sytem is functioning properly...but turn it off and you are screwed. The fact that OP's car died while he was driving it tells me that it is charging sytem related, either an alternator or voltage regulator. An alternator can come and go before it completely craps out, although this scenrio is rare. Could there be a loose wire going from the alternator to the rest of the sytem, sure. Could Weistec be to blame for not securing said wire, sure but it is all hearsey until there is a proper diagnosis. My only point here is the OP makes this big dramtic post making it sound like Weistec has fallen off the face of the earth when he himself has no clue as to what the problem is. If it is a loose wire somewhere or a short it's a simple fix, if it is a bad alternator or regulator itis not even a Wesitec problem then, neither of which warrant this type of thread, right???

As for your comment on not being able to take a modded car to an MB dealer, that is a weak argument IMO. I regularly take my SLS BS and C BS to MB of Naperville with no concers or problems whatsoever. They know the deal, they don't reflash anything, everything is read only when they plug it into anything. Sure, there are mod friendly dealers and non-mod friendly one, OP needs to figure out which dealers are which. OP lives 30 minutes from me I know of several mod friendly dealers with techs that are good plus a couple of local indy shops that are compitent.

My point here is how does OP expect Weistec to diagnose and correct the problem from 2000 miles away when OP himself has no clue as to what the problem is himself???? I have said it before and I will say it again, if you want to play you have to be ready to pay. **** happens and you either have to be preparred to ship your car to Wesitec when it does or have a reliable local shop to work with to help out when little thing pop up.

Last edited by jrcart; 09-11-2014 at 11:45 AM.
Old 09-11-2014, 11:51 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2015 CLS63 S-AMG
Originally Posted by LuckyKimmy
Not only did this douche canoe offend me. He ticked me off so bad that I decided to make this post.
I am not sure how I offend you. We have spoken in the past and i thought we were cool. Sure my tactics may not be perfect, but no need to act like this. Put yourself in my shoes for one second and understand that i don’t want to be in the position! Trust me! This is any car enthusiast’s worst nightmare!

Kimmy, I think its obvious that OP didn't start this thread because he wanted help from people in the forum, it is a clear attempt at a slam on Weistec...a poor on at that. Its simply a big dramatic thread title with ZERO content, he has done it before.

FYI, I know OP and he is a good guy but his tactics are getting lame. Fact, Weistec flew to Chicago to work on OPs car a year ago, I know this because the work was done in my shop. Furthermore the problem Weistec diagnosed at that time was a cracked header which had nothing whatsoever to do with Weistec. The video OP posted in this thread clearly looks and sounds like an electrical or charging system issue, not sure how that would pertain to Weistec in the first place???.
Jim, you are correct. Weistec did come to Chicago (a year ago) and left telling me that my mhp headers had a leak and once that was fixed everything would be fine. So i went out and bought a new set off MBH headers and yet the problems persisted.

The reason why any issues would pertain to Weistec is because they had my car for 4 months prior to this happening. Again, all I want is a working car. I don’t want to be doing this please understand that. I have been dealing with this for over a year and a half now. So please stop trying to protect anyone, because I am not attacking anyone here.

Not sure how it pertains to Weistec in the first place? WOW!
Jim, with all due respect here, It most certainly is Weistecs responsibility to check over the electrical system to ensure that it is charging correctly since a blower was installed with a non-oem pulley running the system.

If someone was running an underdrive pulley on their car and were not receiving proper charging would one not place blame on the pulley that was installed due to a lesser diameter pulley running the system?

It may not be Weistecs fault that the system isn't working properly if a pre-existing issue was had by the op's car, but one would certainly think they ran diagnostics once the blower was installed to ensure proper charging was had by the alternator that is now being run by non-oem products.

As I implied in my previous posts, service is more important than any other aspect of business operations.

At this point no one knows the issue, so this is all speculation. Where I (with my self entitled sense of importance) felt Weistec rubbed me the wrong way was basically telling OP to stand in line with his ticket stub ready. I personally just do not feel this is good business acumen.

OP can you tell us how long it took Weistec to respond to your initial placed attempts at contacting Weistec?

Not even sure why I really care. OP Good luck getting her fixed up Bro! I know this has been a long process for you, hope it all works out.
Originally Posted by Merc63
Blown has spent a lot of cash on his car and had tons of problems with it, personally I would have drove it off a bridge a long time ago. But he's stuck with it trying to get it fixed up and running. He has shown a great deal of patience in my eyes.

I think all he wants is running car, I'm sure if he wanted to attack anyone he could have easily done that a long time ago.

Some people in this thread need a reality check and to grow up. No one is slamming anyone, not everything is a sunny day with a blower, especially stage 3. I had problems with mine for months and months, I almost sold it, but stuck with it and got it fixed.

These cars are extremely finicky, what works for one car doesn't necessarily work for others.

I now have 20,000km on mine since installing the blower. Since fixing the hiccups it's been running strong and flawless. I've taken it on a few 2500km road trips like it was completely stock. Pretty sure this is one if not the highest mileage stage 3s running. I drive it daily everywhere

The pointless personal attacks need to stop and are very childish.
Thank you both for understanding. Weistec makes monsters out of our cars and all I have wanted from day one was to have one! I never wanted to be on here posting about this ****, and if anyone looks back I have only once over the past year and a half posted anything about the issues I have experienced.
Old 09-11-2014, 11:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
360 Modena TT
Your in Trucking right...
Your guy calls you heavy wheels department with an issue and he is stranded on the side of the road, do they tell him to take a ticket and wait to hear back 24hrs later? NO! They get someone out there asap to get it fixed.
Maybe this is not the best comparison to go with . I can promise you right now that it could take that long , if not longer , to get things done . I own a trucking company , an M&R company and a container yard that handles equipment for the Union Pacific Railroad . I have a local truck (Freightliner) that has been down since Monday and won't be looked until Friday because my M&R guys are busy fixing equipment to get to the U.P. for an inbound train coming , so waiting that long is very possible
Old 09-11-2014, 11:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63 AMG
I understand exactly how a charging system works, thanks for your concers. A bad battery will run forever(in most cases) until you shut the car off so long as the rest of the charging sytem is functioning properly...but turn it off and you are screwed. The fact that OP's car died while he was driving it tells me that it is charging sytem related, either an alternator or voltage regulator. An alternator can come and go before it completely craps out, although this scenrio is rare. Could there be a loose wire going from the alternator to the rest of the sytem, sure. Could Weistec be to blame for not securing said wire, sure but it is all hearsey until there is a proper diagnosis. My only point here is the OP makes this big dramtic post making it sound like Weistec has fallen off the face of the earth when he himself has no clue as to what the problem is. If it is a loose wire somewhere or a short it's a simple fix, if it is a bad alternator or regulator itis not even a Wesitec problem then, neither of which warrant this type of thread, right???

As for your comment on not being able to take a modded car to an MB dealer, that is a weak argument IMO. I regularly take my SLS BS and C BS to MB of Naperville with no concers or problems whatsoever. They know the deal, they don't reflash anything, everything is read only when they plug it into anything. Sure, there are mod friendly dealers and non-mod friendly one, OP needs to figure out which dealers are which. OP lives 30 minutes from me I know of several mod friendly dealers with techs that are good plus a couple of local indy shops that are compitent.

My point here is how does OP expect Weistec to diagnose and correct the problem from 2000 miles away when OP himself has no clue as to what the problem is himself???? I have said it before and I will say it again, if you want to play you have to be ready to pay. **** happens and you either have to be preparred to ship your car to Wesitec when it does or have a reliable local shop to work with to help out when little thing pop up.
A couple of things here.
First - A battery does not "run" the car, it starts it only, from there the alternator "runs" the car.
Second - If op's alt was bad or a voltage reg for that matter, the car would have shut down on its own and not restarted due to the battery being too low to start it back up, but that is why I asked earlier if the vid was taken before or after new battery install. The battery, again, starts the car, not the alt or volt reg, therefore if the car wont start after installing a new battery, the issue is more than likely something else.

OP - If while you were driving right before it shut off, if your headlights or interior lights or anything else dimmed or seemed out of the ordinary, it is most certainly your charging system. But as I stated, not starting with a new battery is puzzling.
Old 09-11-2014, 12:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63 AMG
Originally Posted by BAD430BENZ
Maybe this is not the best comparison to go with . I can promise you right now that it could take that long , if not longer , to get things done . I own a trucking company , an M&R company and a container yard that handles equipment for the Union Pacific Railroad . I have a local truck (Freightliner) that has been down since Monday and won't be looked until Friday because my M&R guys are busy fixing equipment to get to the U.P. for an inbound train coming , so waiting that long is very possible
Yes but in your case you have back ups that can continue your business's profitability. lol
If that is your only truck, I guarantee you great lengths are made to get that thing up and running! lol
Old 09-11-2014, 12:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

A couple of things here.
First - A battery does not "run" the car, it starts it only, from there the alternator "runs" the car.
Second - If op's alt was bad or a voltage reg for that matter, the car would have shut down on its own and not restarted due to the battery being too low to start it back up, but that is why I asked earlier if the vid was taken before or after new battery install. The battery, again, starts the car, not the alt or volt reg, therefore if the car wont start after installing a new battery, the issue is more than likely something else.

OP - If while you were driving right before it shut off, if your headlights or interior lights or anything else dimmed or seemed out of the ordinary, it is most certainly your charging system. But as I stated, not starting with a new battery is puzzling.
I know a battery does not run a car, why the hell do you think I said a car with a bad battery will run forever so long as the charging sytem is working properly??
Old 09-11-2014, 01:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63 AMG
I know a battery does not run a car, why the hell do you think I said a car with a bad battery will run forever so long as the charging sytem is working properly??
Sorry...
Took this "A bad battery will run forever(in most cases) until you shut the car off" for the battery will run the car forever as long as you don't shut it off.
Old 09-11-2014, 01:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

360 Modena TT
Maybe i'm not reading this correct but who had the car ? Did Weistec or another shop do the work ?
Old 09-11-2014, 01:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63 AMG
Maybe i'm not reading this correct but who had the car ? Did Weistec or another shop do the work ?

I am reading this as Weistec flew out to Chicago and worked on op's car at Jims garage.
Old 09-11-2014, 01:38 PM

Received 61 Likes on 44 Posts
2013 C63
Originally Posted by LuckyKimmy
Not only did this douche canoe offend me. He ticked me off so bad that I decided to make this post.

This guy is someone who is so offensive that he must be considered as quite possibly the biggest **** storm of douche canoery, AS IN: HE IS the McGouches of Douches. You read it here and I am about to put an end to this loser. (I have never met him in person either than GOD!)

1. Pick up the phone and dial it. Call Weistec... they are all waiting for your phone call!
2. Talk to the people working on your car with "words."
3. Give a sh*t, you stupid retard. Use facts. What's not working?

Please help me comprehend how this man can possibly own let alone, drive such a vehicle without complaining or crying like a 6 year old kid? I feel really sorry for his companion, male or female. I'm guessing he's a loner ....

Oh and "BLOWN63" based on your BLOWNUP threads, I shall respond with the following;

1. "The blower making odd noise:" It would be your boyfriend in the front seat.
2. "The bad cabin smell:" it would the disease infested hooker in the front seat.
3. "Shift-Sector:" Everyone went to Shift-S3ctor thanks for not showing up!
4. "Goodies for Sale:" Ouch "Nobody wants them" and btw why would you even try to sell us EvoSport shiat? You are that dumb. Hella dumb. Ouch.

Will someone please give this guy the ***** boot?
I don't understand how this guy would **** you off to this extent on a car forum. Do you ***** out at everyone passing you on the highway too?
Old 09-11-2014, 01:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 61 Likes on 52 Posts
Steel Grey Metallic C63!!
Originally Posted by izzy63
I don't understand how this guy would **** you off to this extent on a car forum. Do you ***** out at everyone passing you on the highway too?
I agree with you. Not sure why he is getting personally agitated by Blown posting about his Weistec car dying on him and not hearing back for over a WEEK.

I interpreted this post as his attempt to get Weistec to respond.
Old 09-11-2014, 01:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

360 Modena TT
Originally Posted by Blown63
Jim, you are correct. Weistec did come to Chicago (a year ago) and left telling me that my mhp headers had a leak and once that was fixed everything would be fine. So i went out and bought a new set off MBH headers and yet the problems persisted.

The reason why any issues would pertain to Weistec is because they had my car for 4 months prior to this happening. Again, all I want is a working car. I don’t want to be doing this please understand that. I have been dealing with this for over a year and a half now. So please stop trying to protect anyone, because I am not attacking anyone here.
I am reading this as Weistec flew out to Chicago and worked on op's car at Jims garage.
This is where my confusion lies
Old 09-11-2014, 01:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

No...that was a year ago that Wesitec flew to Chicago and worked on OP's vehicle. OP's thread is about somethig that obviously happened in the past week.
Old 09-11-2014, 02:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

360 Modena TT
No...that was a year ago that Wesitec flew to Chicago and worked on OP's vehicle. OP's thread is about somethig that obviously happened in the past week.
So he has had his car for about a year with all the work done to it
Old 09-11-2014, 02:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I am not sure, I know he has had a blower on it for over a year. Not sure what the most recent round of mods was. As you can see he is not very forthcoming with details lol.
Old 09-11-2014, 02:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

360 Modena TT
I am not sure, I know he has had a blower on it for over a year. Not sure what the most recent round of mods was. As you can see he is not very forthcoming with details lol.
That's why I was confused with the whole 4 months , 1 year , year and a half ago comments . Just like you said , you have to pay to play and when you are not near the company doing all the work , it makes it even more difficult . Don't you wish that every time something went crazy on your cars , Weistec was right around the corner to get things done

I know they go above and beyond for you but even they can't be there for you 100% of the time .
Old 09-11-2014, 02:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 846 Likes on 594 Posts
E63S | X5
Just so people get things in chronology (at least how I see it)...

- OP had an issue a long time ago, where Weistec flew to Chicago and diagnosed it as a crack MHP header.

- OP Replaces with MBH Headers.

- Car ends up at Weistec again for one reason or another for an extended period of time

- OP gets the car back after Weistec was addressing either that same issue, doing new work, something... and after 100 miles the car dies

This all happening over a year or so +...

As for the direction this thread has gone, it really sucks. It sucks that people come here just to say "This thread sucks, get a clue OP" or "Haha, your name is BLOWN and your car is BLOWN! What a pun!" or that deusche canoe rant that came out of left field.

It is amazing how e-tough people get because I can promise anyone here had they dumped $40k into a car that cost $70k to make it something more special than it already was AND continued to have issues then a headache would start. Not only that, but if someone else told them to get a clue, or haha you're an idiot, etc. then they would want to punch that person straight in the face.

Coming on a public board to attack and attempt to degrade a person is so childish. You want to speak your mind? Send them a PM. Instead, you sit at a computer, faceless, and recklessly engage in things that derail a thread where someone needs some help.

Again, I was one of the first ones to say to the OP that the nature in which he did this may not be so kosher. Dropping company names, especially well respected ones, in thread titles NEVER ends well, EVER. It always ends up like this and it is pathetic.

OP -- I hope you get your issues figured out. I really do not know what it could be at this point but I really do hope for you sake that you get the car on the road. I know the feeling having a car that went through multiple engines in the past and it just never was quite right. Eventually I took my losses and moved on.

The bottom line is, Weistec is a great company that handles massive amounts of customers most of which are spending tens of thousands of dollars. Even with this thread, and all other attempts at calling them out, I wouldn't even think twice about not doing business with them. If I had large amounts of disposable income, it would go straight to Weistec. The fact that they even came in here knowing how these threads always work out just goes to show their commitment to the customer no matter how long it takes.
Old 09-11-2014, 02:49 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2015 CLS63 S-AMG
I installed just the blower sometime in April last year and then very shortly after weistec built the engine and the trans.

I am working with weistec and my shop to get everything sorted out. I am surprised you of all people are not being understanding of the lack of detail I am providing.
Old 09-11-2014, 03:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63 AMG
I could be way off base here, but this is how I see this thread:
OP created a thread to indirectly get the attention of Weistec through the posts he knew would be a result of vague information regarding an incident with his car.
OP seems to have selected his wording and timing of posts methodically showing intelligence and cleverness.

OP let the forum talk for him while sitting back and not directly trying to grab Weistecs attention as his car still needs fixed at this point and doesn't want to **** them off.

The vague comments were intentionally left as just that, vague. This was to not go too far into detail and putting Weistec on blast, but rather allowing the peanut gallery do it for him.

From what I understand after getting to know op through pms and dealing on parts, his frustration has been built on over the passed year now, this isn't something that is recent. For those telling op to get a clue or calling him names, you need to understand he has had many reasons to blow up thus far, but has refrained.

OP is a tactician in my book and I applaud your efforts here.
Old 09-11-2014, 03:27 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 29 Likes on 10 Posts
Weistec
We have been in constant contact with the shop that Blown63 has been working with since day one. This is why we don't understand why this was even done in the first place. He and the shop have had our attention long before this thread was created. At the point that this thread was created, we were waiting on an answer from the installing shop on how they (owner and shop) would like to proceed with the matter. The owner happened to be out of the country and the installing shop needed his approval.

We take pride in customer service and we are committed to being very proactive with all of our customers whether they purchase air filters, or a complete supercharger system. In this case, the customer himself trusts the installing shop to speak in his behalf, and this is how we have conducted any tech discussions regarding his car for the past year.

We hope this clears things up a bit. Thanks.

Weistec Engineering
Old 09-11-2014, 05:47 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
03' CL55 AMG
Exactly, just trying to fit in you know.

Originally Posted by Jasonoff
So now you just come back to write useless posts. Got it...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Has anyone heard from Weistec? My car died!