C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

507 and Eurocharged V5 tune

Old 09-22-2014, 08:26 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C63 AMG 507 Edition
507 and Eurocharged V5 tune

Hi there. Some of you may have seen from this thread started by EAN:

https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w...me-luck-4.html

that I have bought the Eurocharged V5 tune and have put it onto my 507 sedan.

I don't have the before / after dyno runs yet, but I thought I would give my first impressions before posting them (I'll put these in this thread later so its all together).

So, my first impression is that even if this offers no peak power/torque gains over stock, its still worth the $775 that I paid for it. I have had my car for just over a year now, and this tune has given me that new car feel again.

A lot have mentioned the throttle blipping, and this is definitely a highlight. Yes, all C63's do the throttle blip, but its much more pronounced with the tune. I drive in M mode permanently, and like to engine brake when I hit a roundabout or a corner. Flipping from 3rd at say 2.5k rpm to 2nd at 3.5k rpm produces this almost comical blurt from the engine, which is completely over the top. About the 6th or 7th time I did it my engine backfired and it sounded like a gunshot, it was fantastic! (I must say this appears to be one off incident)

Aside from the hysterics of the blipping, there is definitely an increased urgency from the car. I think this may be as simple as a remapping of the pedal travel on the accelerator, but it does seem to encourage more spirited driving, and down low torque seems to have been lifted.

As a consequence, it seems to have removed a minor flat spot when pulling out of a roundabout in second gear. The car used to float for a split second when coming back on to the gas, but it now it comes back on immediately, making for a much more satisfying exit to the corner.

Overall I think the tune has given the car a more eager feel to it, its constantly wanting you to push on just that little bit more. I'm really enjoying it. As I said, a great refresh of the car for a very small investment.

I'm looking forward to getting on to the dyno to see how all that feel translates into real world numbers. Will post everything up when I can.

Let me know if you have any questions.
Old 09-22-2014, 12:16 PM
SPONSOR

Received 129 Likes on 92 Posts
C63S
Thanks for the feedback! Very glad you're enjoying the tune. Looking forward to seeing your dyno numbers.