Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-01-2014, 03:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63 AMG
Unknown multifunction display message

Hi Everyone!

I hope you are all well.

I'm a newbie to this forum, having recently purchased my first AMG vehicle about a month ago. Whilst I am immensely enjoying the new car, I have a question on a display message that no amount of searching in the vehicle manuals or online has been able to answer for me, so I am turning to you all and would greatly appreciate any insights you can offer.

I have a 2012 C63 Coupe, and each time shortly after starting the car up I get the following message come up on the display, which I haven't been able to understand what it is trying to tell me (picture attached). My guess is that it has something to do perhaps with the childseat sensors in the back seats as the picture seems to alert to the back seats (being shaded white in the message) and the two "people" seem to be shaped as juniors, hence my conclusion about child seats.

Has anyone come across a similar issue and do you know what this error message relates to? Do I need to just take it to the dealer to get it looked at?

As mentioned, any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Cheers!
Attached Thumbnails Unknown multifunction display message-img_20140906_131121.jpg  
Old 10-01-2014, 04:47 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C63 AMG 507 Edition
Are you from Australia? It seems we (and maybe some other countries, but not all strangely) get this message on start up. It basically shows you whether the seat belts in the back seat are fastened or not. You can see this for yourself by buckling one up and starting your car. The picture changes to a person with their belt on. Its annoying, I wish it could be removed.
Old 10-01-2014, 06:48 AM

C63 AMG
Originally Posted by Bardman
Are you from Australia? It seems we (and maybe some other countries, but not all strangely) get this message on start up. It basically shows you whether the seat belts in the back seat are fastened or not. You can see this for yourself by buckling one up and starting your car. The picture changes to a person with their belt on. Its annoying, I wish it could be removed.
Hi Bardman, thanks very much for your reply. Yes I am from Australia, so if it is as you say then that's a bit silly, and yes, annoying! I must admit I don't remember seeing this for the first couple of weeks but when it started I recall it coinciding with folding down the rear seats, hence why I thought it was something related to the sensors in the rear seats. However, maybe I'm just dreaming! 😀
Old 10-01-2014, 08:10 AM

C63 AMG '13 Coupe PP
Got it in uk to.
Just press ok as soon as you see it.
Old 10-01-2014, 08:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
2010 C63 Estate
Topic had been raised before.
Can be disabled with Star