C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

Need MBWorld Assistance Please - MBH Header Review

Old 10-08-2014, 09:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
C63 AMG
Need MBWorld Assistance Please - MBH Header Review

So I am in the process of working out a deal on a set of MBH headers. I am curious if anyone can give me a detailed review based on the following:

- EC V5 tune (will be updated for the headers)
- ROW boxes and K&N filters with CC delete
- MBH LT Headers with MBH Mids
- Random Technology Resonators
- OEM exhaust from mids back

I know MBH is notorious for being loud and I am not looking to go really loud.
I want honest opinions if anyone has experience with this sort of set up.
From what I know the Random Tech resonators offer a great reduction in noise, but I am having a hard time finding a video of anyone who has installed MBH with oem exhaust and installed resonators, specifically Random Tech resonators.
I know this is a pretty specific request and Im not looking for a whole lot of responses, but just a few opinions will help me make a decision on them.
Old 10-08-2014, 09:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 42 Likes on 36 Posts
C63 AMG
It's going to be loud, really loud at wot, but putting around town won't be bad.
Old 10-08-2014, 09:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2012 C63 AMG Black Series
Old 10-08-2014, 10:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63 AMG
Thanks for the input fellas.
That is exactly the information I was looking for.
I don't want someone *****footing around not telling me how it really is.
My main reason for asking was because I was hoping the Random Tech Resonators would help keep her a little quieter.
I live in a neighborhood where houses are not all that far from one another and the people are not what I would consider "car-people". so when I start my car, I don't want the cold start to startle the living **** out of them along with my daughter who's bedroom is right above the garage on those mornings where I leave super early.

I want the additional hp but don't want the additional noise.... F-me!

Wondering if PLM or Kleeman Logs are the way to go for me to gain SOME hp and not acquire all that noise.
Old 10-08-2014, 10:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I am in the same dilemma as you so I decided to keep the MBH Headers in my basement until the spring and then say F-it and install them. Cold Start in the winter here in Toronto would be overkill. Plus I am likely going to sell the BS next Fall.
Old 10-08-2014, 10:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2010 C63 P30

HAHA the guy on the bike at the start of the video, he's got to be wondering what the heck that thing was.

That video made my subwoofer thump on my pc speakers, those things are LOUD
Old 10-08-2014, 11:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 369 Likes on 184 Posts
C63 AMG
Long tubes are long tubes Shane, they will all be loud. An aftermarket catback will remedy some of the rasp from the long tubes.

I heard my car for the first time yesterday (outside) and its pretty nasty (in a good way) the Eisenmann race really tones the sound down when revving, but its still insane when you get on it.

Took my daughter for icecream over the weekend and it was totally fine during normal cruising. Not loud at all, with very minor increases in drone.

Overall I'm very happy with the outcome.
Old 10-08-2014, 12:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2010 C63 P30
Originally Posted by Kriston
Long tubes are long tubes Shane, they will all be loud. An aftermarket catback will remedy some of the rasp from the long tubes.

I heard my car for the first time yesterday (outside) and its pretty nasty (in a good way) the Eisenmann race really tones the sound down when revving, but its still insane when you get on it.

Took my daughter for icecream over the weekend and it was totally fine during normal cruising. Not loud at all, with very minor increases in drone.

thats what i love about these cars (at least my stock system) is that under casual driving they are very tame sounding and no extra cabin noise
Old 10-08-2014, 12:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63 AMG
What up Kris?
I understand that, but was hoping for a unicorn remedy via the Random Tech resonators the owner is throwing into the deal.
I really am thinking log style headers are my best option personally. Some good gains being dyno proven, not that of LT's, but noticeable for a fraction of the cost, as well as a lot less noise.

Originally Posted by Kriston

Old 10-08-2014, 12:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 61 Likes on 52 Posts
Steel Grey Metallic C63!!
I am in the same boat as you. I want LTs, but I don't want it to be too obnoxiously loud. I have heard multiple setups, and the one that I found to be the least offensive is MBH LT's with an Xpipe setup. The X-pipe will definitely smooth out the raspiness. Below 3k RPM, the car has a slightly louder grumble. It gets louder as it goes over 3k rpm. Once you floor it and it goes above 5k, all hell breaks loose. That's the best assessment that I can give you, but if you're windows are closed, it's not that loud when driving.

Cold starts will definitely wake your daughter up if her bedroom is directly above the garage.
Old 10-08-2014, 12:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63 AMG
I got the random tech cats. Prob wont do too much for you in the sound department.

You can still keep your stock resonator out back. That may assist with toning it down a bit.

Originally Posted by Autosport7
What up Kris?
I understand that, but was hoping for a unicorn remedy via the Random Tech resonators the owner is throwing into the deal.
I really am thinking log style headers are my best option personally. Some good gains being dyno proven, not that of LT's, but noticeable for a fraction of the cost, as well as a lot less noise.
Old 10-08-2014, 01:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
'12 C63 Black Series, '12 ML350 BlueTech
Thanks for the input fellas.
That is exactly the information I was looking for.
I don't want someone *****footing around not telling me how it really is.
My main reason for asking was because I was hoping the Random Tech Resonators would help keep her a little quieter.
I live in a neighborhood where houses are not all that far from one another and the people are not what I would consider "car-people". so when I start my car, I don't want the cold start to startle the living **** out of them along with my daughter who's bedroom is right above the garage on those mornings where I leave super early.

I want the additional hp but don't want the additional noise.... F-me!

Wondering if PLM or Kleeman Logs are the way to go for me to gain SOME hp and not acquire all that noise.
Get a valve system for your catback. You will be able to control the loudness of the LTH
Old 10-08-2014, 01:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63 AMG
I have (2) install quotes at $450, and (1) at $800.
What are you guys seeing?
Old 10-08-2014, 01:47 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
C63
They are loud. The previous owner of my car had MBH headers and thought they were too loud, so he had Magnaflow cats installed to quiet it down. It was still pretty loud with those cats installed. I like the car being loud so I had the cats removed when I bought it. It's really loud now. I love all the head turns that it gets in parking lots. "Wait..did that Mercedes just...what..?"
Old 10-08-2014, 01:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by jaspirr
I love all the head turns that it gets in parking lots. "Wait..did that Mercedes just...what..?"
This! LOL
Old 10-08-2014, 02:13 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 90 Likes on 45 Posts
C63, SL55, E55, CLS55, ML63, C55
There are times when I dont even know I have a catless exhaust system. I dont think it's nearly as loud as my old SL55. In fact it is a nice to drive around and have it not be loud when you want.

Old 10-08-2014, 02:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63 AMG
Originally Posted by MBH motorsports
There are times when I dont even know I have a catless exhaust system. I dont think it's nearly as loud as my old SL55. In fact it is a nice to drive around and have it not be loud when you want.

MBH C63 cabin sound - YouTube

Thanks for the vid Mike.
I actually spoke to you the other day on these as you were kind enough to answer questions even though you knew I was looking to buy a used set. Stand up guy here.

I am not too worried about the in-cabin noise so much as the start up.

As stated above there are mornings I leave the house early and my 4 year old daughter's bedroom is right above the garage, so the extra noise has me questioning my decision a bit.
Tbh, the stock exhaust has woke her before, let alone making it louder.
Old 10-08-2014, 02:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 39 Likes on 36 Posts
2010 C63 AMG, 2009 ISF , 2002 L-Tuned IS300, 2011 ML350
Originally Posted by VaclavSV
I am in the same dilemma as you so I decided to keep the MBH Headers in my basement until the spring and then say F-it and install them. Cold Start in the winter here in Toronto would be overkill. Plus I am likely going to sell the BS next Fall.
Sajun, u caved in? Lol
Old 10-08-2014, 02:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Roswell
Sajun, u caved in? Lol
What do you mean meng?
Old 10-08-2014, 03:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 39 Likes on 36 Posts
2010 C63 AMG, 2009 ISF , 2002 L-Tuned IS300, 2011 ML350
U couldn't wait for spring time? Lol
Old 10-08-2014, 04:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 370 Likes on 212 Posts
c63
why dont u go for a agency or ipe??
that will best your best option

if i lived in the states i would be all over the MBH headers but they dont fit on RHD cars
Old 10-08-2014, 04:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63 AMG
I have the AP / IPE headers. I will reserve judgement on them until I see what I gained with it.

But I can tell you they sound menacing.

Originally Posted by mr747
why dont u go for a agency or ipe??
that will best your best option

if i lived in the states i would be all over the MBH headers but they dont fit on RHD cars
Old 10-08-2014, 05:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 370 Likes on 212 Posts
c63
i used to have just ipe headers and i love them and since fitting the whole system i can tell you the car pulls even harder then before i want to go do a new dyno just see see if i gained anymore

i feels like i did

and at the push of a button the car is a lot quieter
Old 10-08-2014, 07:37 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 90 Likes on 45 Posts
C63, SL55, E55, CLS55, ML63, C55
Thanks for the vid Mike.
I actually spoke to you the other day on these as you were kind enough to answer questions even though you knew I was looking to buy a used set. Stand up guy here.

I am not too worried about the in-cabin noise so much as the start up.

As stated above there are mornings I leave the house early and my 4 year old daughter's bedroom is right above the garage, so the extra noise has me questioning my decision a bit.
Tbh, the stock exhaust has woke her before, let alone making it louder.
There really is no way around cold start sound in cooler weather. Here in AZ during summer time it's not bad at all. Sometimes my cars doesnt even cool off 100% from the day before lol.

Now with the cooler weather rolling into Arizona (70-80's) I can for sure hear the difference in the cold startups. It goes away after about 20 seconds or as soon as the RPM's drop from first start up. If you are parked in the garage and someone's room is directly above the garage. They will hear you start your car. It is what it is.

Although removing cats and stuff will make your car louder and flow better. It's the engine jumping to something like 2k rpm's on startup. Like I said though the loudness is over pretty quick, but 20 seconds or so would be enough to wake someone up. Unless it's my lady who could sleep through a war.

I live near the Air Force Base her in AZ, so the people who live around me are use to F16 fighter jets from early morning until 10:30PM. With that said my C63 isn't nearly as loud during cold start ups as an F16 flying at 1000 ft above my house.
Old 10-09-2014, 08:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63 AMG
I realize I am not doing this car any justice by this decision, but as it stands, I am most likely heading down the PLM header route as they do not emit near the level of noise long tubes do, they require no cutting and or welding, and are substantially way less expensive these days if you can find them used. Even new they are a fraction of the cost of LT's.
I will most likely wait until spring to continue my search, unless of a course a great deal pops up on some used ones.

Thanks to those for posting up your experience.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Need MBWorld Assistance Please - MBH Header Review