C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

It's sad to see everyone trading their AMGs..

Old 10-09-2014, 05:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63 P31 Coupe 13'
Unhappy It's sad to see everyone trading their AMGs..

Hi,

I just passed by the forums and decided to write my thoughts..

I have been busy studying all time, but I kept visiting the site every now and then to see how people are doing. I am very sad to see many of the members here are thinking about trading their cars for Japanese or American junk. You guys own one of the most beautiful art pieces that was ever produced by AMG or the entire history of engines and cars. It was always a dream for me to own one of those AMGs and I finally did. I don't know if you ever shared the same love to your AMG, but you have got to re-consider your thoughts before making any stupid decision about selling that trophy.

By the end, it's your choice. For me, it will be AMG 4 EVER love.

Goodluck with everything all and have a good day,
El-Debs
Old 10-09-2014, 05:58 AM

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts
2013 C63 Coupe
Keeping mine!
Old 10-09-2014, 06:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 370 Likes on 212 Posts
c63
Me too I'm too invested to give away my hard earned money
I'll keep this bad boy forevrr
Old 10-09-2014, 08:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
96 and 08 911 turbos
Originally Posted by El-Debs
You guys own one of the most beautiful art pieces that was ever produced by AMG or the entire history of engines and cars.
El-Debs
Stretching it quite a bit here don't you think?

Its a c-class with a big engine and a body kit.
Old 10-09-2014, 09:02 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2014 C63 AMG 507 Edition
Originally Posted by Quadcammer

forgetting...brakes, totally different suspension, exhaust, trans etc etc etc...keeping mine forever!
Old 10-09-2014, 09:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

96 and 08 911 turbos
Originally Posted by rickclass
forgetting...brakes, totally different suspension, exhaust, trans etc etc etc...keeping mine forever!
you missed my point entirely.
Old 10-09-2014, 09:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
C63 AMG

On the contrary, the only thing c-class about this car is the shell of it and some minor bits on the interior. The rest of the car is AMG!
Having said that, I don't know that I share the "love" quite to the extent of el-debs, but I do quite enjoy it!
I do anticipate (at this time) keeping this car for life, but things change.
I get bored with things very quickly. I am going to try and hold off the "new car itch" as long as I can, as I would like to keep this and possibly add another monster to the stable next to it rather than trade this in for a new one.
See what the future holds.
Old 10-09-2014, 09:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

96 and 08 911 turbos
Maybe its just me, but the obsession with whether its AMG or not is really silly. AMG is a part of mercedes. They churn out thousands of cars each year. Its not like a super rare situation as it was prior to acquisition.

As for the rest, the exterior, interior, and many basic components are straight C-class.

Yeah, its a fun car, but to call it one of the best cars ever made...come on.
Old 10-09-2014, 09:45 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
C63 AMG
Maybe its just me, but the obsession with whether its AMG or not is really silly. AMG is a part of mercedes. They churn out thousands of cars each year. Its not like a super rare situation as it was prior to acquisition.

As for the rest, the exterior, interior, and many basic components are straight C-class.

Don't misconstrue my post above.
When I say the rest of the car is AMG, it is just that... AMG.
AMG is not JUST another part of Mercedes, it is a division of Mercedes that independently engineers and constructs the cars.
Like saying oh well, it is just Shelby.....
You are making claims that the car is just a c-class Mercedes, when in fact it isn't.
Im not an AMG fanboy who strictly loves MB. I merely enjoy the performance side of MB that happens to be AMG. Quite frankly, I don't like the car, But I love the performance that is packed into the car.
Had BMW provided more HP/TRQ into their M3 prior to the new design, you can bet your bottom dollar I would still be on E90post not MBWorld.
Old 10-09-2014, 10:30 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2010 C63 AMG, 2011 Mini Cooper (work)
Love mine, i'll be buried in it.
Old 10-09-2014, 10:58 AM

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
2014 C63 507, 2012 R350

All you have to do is drive a C Class and a C63 back to back to know that you are incorrect.

I get your initial point about the car being based on a C Class though, it is not like an AMG in the E, CLS or S class version which will have much better materials and such. The point remains though that the car is quite special for what it has created and the passion it has incited.
Old 10-09-2014, 11:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts
This and that.
OP might be referring to one of my threads where I expressed some thoughts about switching vehicles. I am sort of torn at the moment. I get bored with cars quick and didn't think C63 would be one of those but it seems like for me nothing is enough. I've been eyeing a CTS V Coupe at a local dealer and sending emails back and for a bit contemplating a switch. The only thing holding me back is this little voice at the back of my head that's unsure if it's a wise thing to do. I wish I didn't get bored so quick...perhaps I need to do some mods to keep me interested but who knows. I almost upgraded to a newer C63 (facelift) which I decided didn't make worth the upgrade as I would be losing $17K on my car (car trade in value and payments made) and also pay $210 extra every month. For one year newer same car it didn't. But the CTS V Coupe is tempting with 556 hp and 550 lb ft torque. I love the C63 no doubt about it, just get bored and worried that as it gets older and racks up the mileage it's going to be a ***** to own.
Old 10-09-2014, 11:18 AM

2014 C63 AMG 507 Edition
Originally Posted by coladin
All you have to do is drive a C Class and a C63 back to back to know that you are incorrect.

I get your initial point about the car being based on a C Class though, it is not like an AMG in the E, CLS or S class version which will have much better materials and such. The point remains though that the car is quite special for what it has created and the passion it has incited.

And how about exclusivity! the 507 sedan was made for 1 year only (2014), even the C BS had a 2 year run (2012, 2013)...lol
Old 10-09-2014, 11:40 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
'12 C63 Black Series, '12 ML350 BlueTech
Originally Posted by Autosport7
Don't misconstrue my post above.
When I say the rest of the car is AMG, it is just that... AMG.
AMG is not JUST another part of Mercedes, it is a division of Mercedes that independently engineers and constructs the cars.
Like saying oh well, it is just Shelby.....
You are making claims that the car is just a c-class Mercedes, when in fact it isn't.
Im not an AMG fanboy who strictly loves MB. I merely enjoy the performance side of MB that happens to be AMG. Quite frankly, I don't like the car, But I love the performance that is packed into the car.
Had BMW provided more HP/TRQ into their M3 prior to the new design, you can bet your bottom dollar I would still be on E90post not MBWorld.
That is exactly what has happened with the new W205. It is called a mercedes AMG C63 not a C63 AMG because apparently AMG division was involved in the conception of that car from the beginning.
Old 10-09-2014, 11:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63 P31 Coupe 13'
Originally Posted by coladin
Exactly, I used to own a c350 in the past. Now with my C63 it is a completely different MB I am driving! In my opinion, what makes the C63 more special than the other classes is that it has a combination of both luxury and sporty cars with a somewhat fair price for a german car of a great company manufacture that can be used as a daily drive since the 6.2 engine was made, which then it was one of the most fascinating engines running in the streets. I will never forget the past of that naturally aspirated 8v engine. Even if newer ones came with smaller size and more HP/TRQ. The throttle that the engine produces and the driving experience I have always dreamt of owning and now I do is a different feeling to anything that I may ever experience in my life.

For those who are thinking about trading it with something else, it is not a reason to just feel bored of a car like that. It is already strong and sexy enough. More power in the streets is impossible, well..in the part of the world I live in, to handle with all traffic and radars and all this crap.

Maybe I used extra metaphors for the car.. But I am honestly enjoying every bit of it, which I hope for every member in this forum too. I don't blame those who had to sell it for a reason, but if you guys are able to keep it.. keep it because others won't take care of it as much as you would.

Last edited by El-Debs; 10-09-2014 at 11:46 AM.
Old 10-09-2014, 11:51 AM

Received 38 Likes on 28 Posts
2011 C63
My wife got a C300 in 2010. What a great car. I loved the way it drove, it was very comfortable, and for me it was the perfect size. I had a 2006 Corvette at the time, but when we bought the C300, I knew someday I would own a C63. I bought a 2011 C63 about 6 months ago and it's the best car I've ever owned. I actually got rid of the Vette and another commuter car I had to get down to just 2 cars, a C300 and a C63.

Given all that, I would say that mainly the C63 is a C300 with a big engine. Coming from me, that is a compliment because I think the C300 is a great car, all it lacks is power. Oh, and I said big engine, what I really meant to say is it's the BEST NA Engine in the world! What an engine!!!
Old 10-09-2014, 12:38 PM

C63 coupe P31, '11 G37s, '12 RR Evoque Prestige '10 QX56
I get bored of cars quick. Some last a couple years, some months. I have other cars besides the C and have my eye on a few right now, but I think I'm going to hold on to the C regardless of what else I pick up.
Old 10-09-2014, 01:22 PM

2012 C63 Sedan - Mars Red on Red Pepper
The guy doesn't even own an AMG muchness a C63 and he's sitting here bashing our car SMDH.. dollar for dollar you can't find a better car. period... In my opinion the new C63 is way too luxury looking its lost that aggressiveness I have not heard the engine but I highly doubt it will have the 6.2 bark. Yes I miss the presence my E92 m3 had as anywhere I went people turned heads but only the ignorant ones don't turn there head now as "its just a c class" to them
Old 10-09-2014, 01:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 369 Likes on 184 Posts
C63 AMG
The W204 is a benchmark in AMG history. If you really think about it, its the car that got many non-AMG owners to make the switch. Aside from the G wagon, its the most successful AMG car ever built.

I like to look at this in perspective, right now the C63 is fairly common car. As years go by, you will be hard pressed to find a clean / maintained car. To some (myself included) the M156 was the pinnacle of NA technology for AMG. The engine is what makes this car special. 10 years from now, you wont see too many owners here anymore, they would have moved on by then. The C63 owners who do keep and maintain the car for decades, will have a very rare car in the years to come.

Don't believe me, get me a clean E30 or E46 M3. There are becoming harder and harder to come by, to the point where certain variants are appreciating in value.

Last edited by Kriston; 10-09-2014 at 02:03 PM.
Old 10-09-2014, 01:38 PM

Received 38 Likes on 28 Posts
2011 C63
Originally Posted by Kriston
I like to look at this in perspective, right now the C63 is fairly common car. As years go by, you will be hard pressed to find a clean / maintained car. To some (myself included) the M156 was the pinnacle of NA technology for AMG. The engine is what makes this car special. 10 years from now, you wont see too many owners here anymore, they would have moved on by then. The C63 owners who do keep and maintain the car for decades, will have a very rare care in the years to come.
Very well written! And my feelings exactly. I will keep my C63 forever. Great looking car, great driving car, and wickedly fast!
Old 10-09-2014, 01:56 PM

2011 MB C63 AMG. 2014 MUSTANG COVERTIBLE V6. 2010 MUSTANG CONVERTIBLE V6.
I'm keeping mine til the wheels fall off
Old 10-09-2014, 02:09 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
C63
I think a lot of the people leaving have cars that are leased, and they are clearing out their leases in preparation for leasing something new. That's one of the reasons you see so many of them being parted out and put back to stock.
Old 10-09-2014, 03:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 257 Likes on 208 Posts
'06 MB S55 AMG; '04 Audi Allroad 4.2; '05 BMW M3 Conv.; '92 MB 500E

No offense to anyone here, but I more or less agree with Quadcammer. It is still a C Class. But while AMG is a part of Mercedes, that's not to say that the cars aren't special. I do agree with his sentiment, however, that the best AMG's were those before the acquisition was complete in 2005. This is why I have a 2006 S55 AMG. I don't think anything after that year "moved the needle" or was as good, with RARE exception (e.g., SLS Gullwing, S65). The C63 is not on that exceptional list for me but it is for others. Reasonable minds can differ on that. But in a rare irony, it's the suspension technology borrowed from the Cadillac CTS-V that people really praise in the C63.

maw
Old 10-09-2014, 03:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 37 Likes on 36 Posts
Gallado Spyder / AMG C63S / Cayenne

what a hater .. I wont even explain it to you.
Old 10-09-2014, 03:33 PM
MBWorld God!

Received 3,350 Likes on 2,806 Posts
2012 CLS63
Question

Originally Posted by CSIKTY3
The guy doesn't even own an AMG muchness a C63 and he's sitting here bashing our car SMDH.. dollar for dollar you can't find a better car. period... In my opinion the new C63 is way too luxury looking its lost that aggressiveness I have not heard the engine but I highly doubt it will have the 6.2 bark. Yes I miss the presence my E92 m3 had as anywhere I went people turned heads but only the ignorant ones don't turn there head now as "its just a c class" to them
what guy? who's bashing?

ignorant's not turning their heads?

wth are you going on about???

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: It's sad to see everyone trading their AMGs..