C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

PSA: Caliper Pin "ticking" noise - actual resolution!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-09-2014, 09:53 AM

Received 57 Likes on 35 Posts
MY19AMG GT-C; MY14C63-507 - former Audi B6 S4
PSA: Caliper Pin "ticking" noise - actual resolution!

Hi all,

I know that many of us have had issues with the Compound Braking package and the caliper pins shifting causing a clicking noise while turning. I have been having the issue since July. The standard fix was to take the caliper apart, lube the pins, re-torque the components and put everything back together. For me, this has been done multiple times but the noise continued to come back. On my last visit, the shop foreman got a little suspicious about the lubrication item. He showed me instructions from AMG about replacing the brake pads. In an nutshell, the instructions state to not apply any lubricants to brake pads or calipers! So, something didn't add up with the "fix."

After the 5th trip to the dealer for the same issue, the shop foreman called AMG to basically inquire about an actual resolution vs. temporary fix that contradicts what AMG says for brakes. The team heard back from AMG and were told that AMG has a "new caliper" out to address the "noise from the caliper" problem! My SA has them on order and we are awaiting their arrival.

So, if you have clicking going on while turning and want the true resolution, go see your SA, have him/her call AMG and get the new calipers.

Happy braking everyone.

-C

Last edited by chris135b; 10-09-2014 at 09:55 AM.
Old 10-09-2014, 11:26 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
2010 C63 Estate
Good tip