Easy install no tools
Be careful if you drop the arm during the process the window would likely break
Or so the pictogram pn the box indicates lol
I put a heavy towel down

Forgot to use my MB club discount , bummer
Old 10-11-2014, 05:31 PM

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
E63S
Sorry to hijack and of course set off the whole wiper blade debate but I thought I would share my experience. I have tried several replacement wiper brands most recently the Bosch ones. These worked OK as wipers but were an obviously different design, with a bulky semicircular section where the blade connects to the wiper arm, sitting up over the lower edge of the windscreen when the wipers were in the rest position.
So I recently decided to just pay up and go with the MB blades and have already decided I won't use anything else again. No chatter, no streaks and a slimline design.

Last edited by JimmyR; 10-11-2014 at 05:34 PM.
Old 10-11-2014, 05:40 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2014 C63 AMG 507 Edition
Originally Posted by JimmyR
Sorry to hijack and of course set off the whole wiper blade debate but I thought I would share my experience. I have tried several replacement wiper brands most recently the Bosch ones. These worked OK as wipers but were an obviously different design, with a bulky semicircular section where the blade connects to the wiper arm, sitting up over the lower edge of the windscreen when the wipers were in the rest position.
So I recently decided to just pay up and go with the MB blades and have already decided I won't use anything else again. No chatter, no streaks and a slimline design.

Does MB replace the entire blade/arm or just the rubber strip? On my Camry they only replace the rubber and it works awesome...
Old 10-11-2014, 07:21 PM
Banned

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
C63 AMG
Originally Posted by rickclass
Does MB replace the entire blade/arm or just the rubber strip? On my Camry they only replace the rubber and it works awesome...
The whole blade
Old 10-11-2014, 07:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 286 Likes on 184 Posts
10 C six trizzle
if your wipers jump, streak, squeak or miss a spot and you are using fresh mb ones... there is a special tool designed that is used to adjust the angle of attack and positioning which will fix this. just an fyi. I thought it was a joke at first, but each car has it's own different spec and setup for perfect operation.
Old 10-11-2014, 07:50 PM
Banned

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
C63 AMG
Originally Posted by roadtalontsi
if your wipers jump, streak, squeak or miss a spot and you are using fresh mb ones... there is a special tool designed that is used to adjust the angle of attack and positioning which will fix this. just an fyi. I thought it was a joke at first, but each car has it's own different spec and setup for perfect operation.
What does it look like?
Should the blade be perpendicular to the window?
Angled into the upward stroke?
Angled away from the stroke?

I know the arm can be 'adjusted' ie bent a bit to make pressure even across the blade

Should a new blade be cleaned before use?
I use a cotton ball with alcohol
Old 10-12-2014, 10:10 AM

Received 115 Likes on 70 Posts
2009 c63
Originally Posted by Ingenieur
What does it look like?
Should the blade be perpendicular to the window?
Angled into the upward stroke?
Angled away from the stroke?

I know the arm can be 'adjusted' ie bent a bit to make pressure even across the blade

Should a new blade be cleaned before use?
I use a cotton ball with alcohol

Valeo Ultimate at Advanced Auto Parts - perfect fit, no streaking, no issues whatsoever
Old 10-12-2014, 10:51 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
'12 C63 Black Series, '12 ML350 BlueTech
There was a deal on amazon I think selling replacement sets for damn cheap ($20 if I remember).
Anybody in here with proper feedback on them? Or nothing is better than the OEM ones?
Old 10-12-2014, 05:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 50 Posts
FF. W212 E63 M156 non-pano 18" P2 ParkT NightV (gone but will be missed).
Originally Posted by abcut973
There was a deal on amazon I think selling replacement sets for damn cheap ($20 if I remember).
Anybody in here with proper feedback on them? Or nothing is better than the OEM ones?
I believe you are referring to the Valeo ones on Amazon from around 5 months ago. I jumped on it and got a set. However, they are still NIB and to be used as a backup since my current oem set is still working well. Thus I wouldn't be able to attest to their operation. I did test fitted them and the installation couldn't have been easier. You wouldn't get that bulky connection at the junction between the arm and the wiper frame as with other brands.
Old 10-13-2014, 02:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 57 Likes on 46 Posts
2006 E320 CDI 2014 C63 507 Coupe 2012 E550 4M 2016 E63s Wagon
I was just thinking about wipers yesterday. I gladly pony up for the OEM. I put Bosch Icon on my truck less than a year and they are shot already without much action (I keep my glass clean). The OEM last 2 years on my E. I don't think the OEM wipers always had the star, but I like it. It let's me know they are authentic, and the indicator is helpful in determining if they need or have been changed.
Old 10-14-2014, 01:32 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2010 C63 AMG, 2011 Mini Cooper (work)
Does anyone use the rain-x ones? I haven't replaced mine yet but they need to be, I don't drive the ol' MERC in the rain that often so I keep forgetting. >.<