C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

ELW question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-23-2014, 06:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ELW question

I have the extended limited warranty from Mercedes which I purchased before my factory warranty expired. To my knowledge, this is the factory extended warranty that Mercedes offers. So I purchased 3 years extra warranty.

Two weeks ago, I bring my C63 into service and ask them to replace my roof rails because they are peeling badly. After they checked them, the dealer told me they aren't covered under the extended factory warranty only the original. So I said okay I'll deal with it. So the first question, has anyone had the rails replaced under the extended warranty?

And yesterday I bring my car in again because I keep hearing clanks like somethings loose whenever I turn left or hit a bump. So they take it in and tell me my front sway bar links need to be replaced and that too isn't covered under warranty. Has anyone had this replaced and covered by Mercedes?

Finally, can someone please tell me what is even covered under the extended warranty?! What the hell did I pay all this money to extend my warranty through Mercedes before my factory warranty expired if it seems like nothing is covered under warranty.

Thanks in advance!
Old 10-23-2014, 06:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 375 Likes on 335 Posts
2014 E63 AMGs, 2015 F-150 Lariat, 2010 Porsche C4S
Originally Posted by bigmac834
I have the extended limited warranty from Mercedes which I purchased before my factory warranty expired. To my knowledge, this is the factory extended warranty that Mercedes offers. So I purchased 3 years extra warranty.

Two weeks ago, I bring my C63 into service and ask them to replace my roof rails because they are peeling badly. After they checked them, the dealer told me they aren't covered under the extended factory warranty only the original. So I said okay I'll deal with it. So the first question, has anyone had the rails replaced under the extended warranty?

And yesterday I bring my car in again because I keep hearing clanks like somethings loose whenever I turn left or hit a bump. So they take it in and tell me my front sway bar links need to be replaced and that too isn't covered under warranty. Has anyone had this replaced and covered by Mercedes?

Finally, can someone please tell me what is even covered under the extended warranty?! What the hell did I pay all this money to extend my warranty through Mercedes before my factory warranty expired if it seems like nothing is covered under warranty.

Thanks in advance!

You might read the attached.

Regards,

Joe
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
extended_limited_warranty.pdf (1.03 MB, 136 views)
Old 10-23-2014, 06:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 57 Likes on 53 Posts
C63 AMG P30 *EuroCharged*| Porsche Cayenne | Buell XB9SX
... and review the actual contract that you signed. my foreman did mention that a general rule of thumb was that if it is safety related, then it's covered. a plain reading of the contract makes me believe that the coverage is a bit broader than that, though.
Old 10-23-2014, 10:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the replies!

I read the pdf and it says "suspension" is covered, so I don't understand how my issue isn't covered under suspension. I have to go look for the contract it is probably buried somewhere

The roof rails I understand.. just sucks because they were peeling before my factory warranty changed over to the extended one, but I just never got to having them replaced.