C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

body shop recommendation in new york

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-14-2014, 09:16 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2013 GL450
body shop recommendation in new york

I'm looking at a CPO MB with a accident history on the carfax. There isn't a lot of details it only says front left impact damage. From what I read, it is advisable to have a body shop to check the car before buying.

The dealership is MB Mahattan in New York. Can someone recommends on good body shop to do the inspection? Also logistic wise how will it be done? I will take the car to the body shop with a sales rep together before buying it? I checked with a MB dealer service center in Queens, they say they won't sent out mechanics to do the inspection I'd have to bring in the vehicle.

TIA.
Old 11-15-2014, 03:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
06 C55, 09 E350
You can start by using this tool. No one can really send a remote tech to your vehicle as it would need to be racked. You would need to ask the dealer for permission to do a per-purchase inspection. Also when you buy a CPO car the car can't be in too bad of shape MB has a high standards for CPO and you should be fine. Even if you found out that there was something serious the dealer would be liable for selling a unfit vehicle for CPO.

http://www.mbcollisioncenters.com/