Kleemann K1 M156 tune c63 issue - seeking help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-28-2014, 03:31 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'13 MB c63 AMG
Kleemann K1 M156 tune c63 issue - seeking help

Hey guys,
I am a new forum member and a new owner of a used '13 MB c63 AMG sedan (keyless go option). I am from Ottawa, ON.

After researching for a while, I pulled the trigger on a Kleemann K1 M156 tune, which had a lot of positive reviews here.

I shipped the ECU to Cory, who shipped it back, no problem there. However, after I plugged the ECU back in the car (following Kleemann's ECU removal guide the other way round), it wouldn't start.
Instead, the dashboard pretty much looked like a Christmas tree once I held the brake pedal and pressed the push-start button (Shifter in ''P'' position). In addition, the engine fan was blowing air like crazy, a red message appeared and told me to shift to the P position, which the car already is. The little red light alongside the ''P'' letter near the gear lever was flashing.

I really don't know what to do. I've tried to remove the ECU and plug it back but it hasn't changed anything. I couldn't even turn the car off, the dashboard lights remained on, even when I tried to power everything off with the key (push-start button removed).

I e-mailed and phoned Kleemann/Cory right away of course, but it looks like they're closed for TG...!

So has anyone here had similar issues with their Kleemann retune? I'm really surprised this happened with them, and wasn't expecting any issues. I've read of a similar situation with a Eurocharged tune, where the OP was told to reflash his ECU. I do hope I won't have to ship my ECU back to Kleemann, and moreover I hope I can drive the car soon, hence my asking help here.
Thank you for any feedback and/or advice you can provide.

Loïc
Old 11-29-2014, 12:18 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 121 Likes on 75 Posts
AMG GTBS, AMG GTR Pro, AMG GT, C63 AMG, Porsche Panamera 4S, RX-7 FC Turbo II
First I've heard of this problem with Kleemann. I'm sure Cory will get you taken care of. Meanwhile, try disconnecting the battery for a bit and reconnecting the ECU. Let us know how you make out.