C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

M.E.9.7AMG variant coding

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-22-2014, 03:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 82 Likes on 60 Posts
Cls63 & C32
the Vediamo software use the database located in the star F: drive, search .cbf files and .cff

Mercedes Vediamo 5.0.5 Software development and engineering tool for Mercedes Benz. The latest version Vediamo 5.0.5 (Mercedes Vediamo Software). Mercedes Benz Super Engineering Edition is used by the plant engineers to develop diagnosis software engineering software, which is now used by Xentry and DASis based on the Mercedes Benz super engineering version developed and delivered to the general customer service dealers use. Mercedes Vediamo Software: So the use of Mercedes Benz super engineering version has no limitation in diagnosis / all of the code with code / modification / programming function are open and. Can not be through the VEDOC (the original application code changes with flow) can be free to increase or decrease the SA code, modify the objective, for example: the increase of vehicles equipped with SA500 electric folding mirrors. Commonly known as the Xentry and DAS development mode: open data project version in 2010 after the release,increase the number of functional limitations. So we will meet the vehicle version is too new to be into the control unit in use, or are unable to do any special modifications to the control unit. For example: W204/2122012 instrument to modify the area family configuration, or open other resource advantage function. Diagnosis / Mercedes super engineering version of the code with code / modification / programming database using the Xentry database, so the Mercedes Benz super engineering version is determined with the Xentry version,as long as the database is new and can be used in new models. The V4.00 version can be used COMPACT3 SDconnect does not support the ODX file. The latest V5.0.4 SD Connect supports ODX file. Recommend the use of SD connects peed is relatively stable. Simple summary sentence: with this software, you no longer need to apply online programming or online to change the SA. you can now use Vediamo any offline forcar program, setting code, change the SA Code function.
Old 01-06-2015, 04:16 AM

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts
2016 C63 S, 2011 C63 R.I.P.
Originally Posted by Diabolis
What we need to find out is what is the actual format of the tune files, i.e. what addresses in the file contolrs what actual parameter. I've done a fair bit of custom tuning for various 928 P-cars, but seeing as that's a relatively old vehicle, it essentially came down to manipulating the LH (fuel injection) ECU and the EZK (ignition) ECU table values, which was very easily accomplished with the tuning software itself (if anyone wants to have a look, Google "JDS SharkTuner"). I gather that Vediamo does not have a nice, user-friendly GUI like the SharkTuner where you can change whatever it is that you want to play with and then have it calculate the checksum and create the new ECU file. The GUI, however, is not essential (and would be realtively easy to create) once we know what represents what within the file itself. So - are there any ex-AMG engineers reading the thread that are no longer bound by confidentiality agreements and would be willing to share what's what within the ECU files?

RMT52 - if you already have the Vediamo software and database, can you send me just one of the ECU files by itself, for example the M156_VC13 that you mentioned earlier? Even the raw HEX code structure would likely hold some clues as to what's what.
Hi dude. Sorry for the delay, I just got back from my trip overseas. I'll try and get this stuff to you sometime over the next couple of days. Should have a lot of free time with the way my jet lag is looking.
Old 01-07-2015, 01:19 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 286 Likes on 184 Posts
10 C six trizzle
tuning any modern engine isnt going to be even close to that jds shark tuner. Your comparing late 80's (birth of electronic sequential fuel injection) to nearly 30yrs in advancement. Tables upon tables of fine tuning and trim calibrations. Todays ecu's are v.e. (volumetric efficiency) based - that way when an important sensor craps out or is giving a poor reading it can adapt as necessary and can usually run seamlessly other than seeing a check engine light pop up on your dash. There's probably atleast 5 different tables for ignition timing and fuel mapping alone.

im sure it wont be user friendly either because it's mercedes, they like to keep everything secret and as confusing as possible.

today's latest and greatest standalone ecu's brag about silly features the oem ecu's were doing over a decade ago. It's really humorous. Sure to get the job done it doesnt have to be that difficult but it is so a massive 6.2L v8 can pass emissions and try to get some kind of gas mileage.
Old 01-10-2015, 04:38 PM

Originally Posted by roadtalontsi
tuning any modern engine isnt going to be even close to that jds shark tuner. Your comparing late 80's (birth of electronic sequential fuel injection) to nearly 30yrs in advancement. Tables upon tables of fine tuning and trim calibrations. Todays ecu's are v.e. (volumetric efficiency) based - that way when an important sensor craps out or is giving a poor reading it can adapt as necessary and can usually run seamlessly other than seeing a check engine light pop up on your dash. There's probably atleast 5 different tables for ignition timing and fuel mapping alone.

im sure it wont be user friendly either because it's mercedes, they like to keep everything secret and as confusing as possible.

today's latest and greatest standalone ecu's brag about silly features the oem ecu's were doing over a decade ago. It's really humorous. Sure to get the job done it doesnt have to be that difficult but it is so a massive 6.2L v8 can pass emissions and try to get some kind of gas mileage.
i agree with you, to try and modify the ignition timing and fuel mapping of a variant would be a difficult task.

however, this isn't the idea i was floating. what i had suggested was that given there are several variants/versions for the me97amg ecu,if i can determine the one that has the desired settings, i just flash with that variant. no modification would actually be done to the variant. today's the first day i've had a chance to sit and look at these, so i'm digging through them,to try and determine which one is the one say for the p31 or for the black series.
Old 01-10-2015, 05:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 763 Likes on 529 Posts
W204 C63 Coupe, W166 ML350 BlueTEC, 928GT, C5 Z06 & IS300 race cars, EQE 4Matic+ on order

I am sure you're 100% correct.. but then again, I can think of at least half a dozen aftermerket C63 tuners that have these same tools and roughly the same experience that I and my P-car mechanic do with the old liquid-cooled Porsches. If you need to modify five maps instead of one, so be it. Internal combustion engine technology hasn't really changed THAT much in the last 30 years, at least not on the C63. It doesn't even have variable valve timing or direct injection. And, my 928 has just as many sensors, and when something is not right, it either compensates for it or puts the car into limp mode despite the aftermerket tuning. The trim algorthms still stay in place. I am not claiming that I do or can undertand the file coding nor tune the C63 - I was only hoping to have a look at a sample ECU file. If OE Tuning or Eurocharged can do it, it means it isn't impossile to figure out what's what even if you haven't worked in Affalterbach. You need some prior knowledge and understanding of how these things work, the right tools, a test mule or two and a bit of extra money if you blow the motor in the process, and a fair amount of time and patience with it. It may not be worth it from an investment vs. gain standpoint if you don't plan to recoup your costs by making your tunes commercially available, but it is certainly not impossible to figure out what's what. As I said, there are plenty of aftermarket tuners selling pre-canned tunes that have obviously figured it out.
Old 01-11-2015, 10:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
2010 C63 Estate
subbed.
Old 01-20-2015, 04:36 PM

have made a little progress. figured out from reading on another forum how to be able to open each of the variant coding files, they are specially encoded as Caesar file format, need to download a program to be able to open/decode them. will post an update soon.
Old 01-20-2015, 05:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W204 C63 Coupe, W166 ML350 BlueTEC, 928GT, C5 Z06 & IS300 race cars, EQE 4Matic+ on order
I presume you are talking about DaimlerChrysler's CAESAR (internal DC project name for Common Access to Electronic Systems of Automotive Requirements), not the Intergraph piping system analysis software. If so, then you can try using CANdelaStudio which may be able to import the files in question. You can download a demo from Vector's site (http://vector.com/vi_candelastudio_en.html) and see if you can open one of the files. The demo version won't let you run vehicle diagnostics, but you may be able to open a pre-existing ECU file and see what's what.

Good work. Let us know what you find out.
Old 01-20-2015, 11:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 286 Likes on 184 Posts
10 C six trizzle
good lord they really make this a challenge to do anything. good luck.
Old 01-21-2015, 02:52 PM

good lord they really make this a challenge to do anything. good luck.

thanks dude. i'll figure it out. will keep you all posted with any developments.
Old 01-27-2015, 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by Diabolis
I presume you are talking about DaimlerChrysler's CAESAR (internal DC project name for Common Access to Electronic Systems of Automotive Requirements), not the Intergraph piping system analysis software. If so, then you can try using CANdelaStudio which may be able to import the files in question. You can download a demo from Vector's site (http://vector.com/vi_candelastudio_en.html) and see if you can open one of the files. The demo version won't let you run vehicle diagnostics, but you may be able to open a pre-existing ECU file and see what's what.

Good work. Let us know what you find out.

so as far as I can tell, there are three files, 0009025910_001.cff, 009035101_001.cff, and 009035201_001.cff. These are applicable to the ME97AMG.

The variant currently on my ecu is VC17S31. If any of you have a xentry/das system, and have a 507/p31/bs, perhaps I can use that as a comparison to see what version those have.

Diabolis, thanks for the suggestion, I read on evoxforums that someone used CANdelaStudio. I think they were able to read the cff files with WinOLS as well. I'll have to give these both a try at home. From what I read, it seems Mitsubishi uses similar protocols/system for their tcu's and some guys on there were able to flash their tcu's from the ralliart variant to the evo x variant so they could get things like launch control which wasn't available on their existing variant. Seems, at least from what I've read so far, that they were successful in doing this and they didn't have vediamo to flash a particular file or modified file and were trying to figure out a) how to flash the file to and b) how to deal with the checksum neither of which would be a problem using vediamo, so half the work is already done for us. the only part is really trying to figure out which one of those cff's is the right one and which map needs to be loaded/flashed.
Old 01-27-2015, 07:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2015 E63S AMG & 2013 GLK350
I'll never understand why someone doesn't make something like this http://www.hptuners.com or http://www.efilive.com

Tuning a modern car (at least GM's and Ford's) are actually easier than they used to be. Most operate on a hybrid MAF/SD setup and no longer use VE tables but rather coefficients and calculations to determine VE on demand based on valve timing and cylinder deactivation. The up side is most modern vehicles operate off WB O2 sensors which make tuning and adaptive tables work so much better. It's not too difficult to create a spreadsheet to convert those coefficients into a virtual VE table to check for holes in the map. And plenty of histograms are capable of tuning off WB O2 correction with real time tuning options make tuning a much less time consuming affair.

Just my rant, it kills me that I tune 1000+hp 8 second street cars but have to get ripped off and send my PCM out if I want to extract a bit more power from my AMG.
Old 01-28-2015, 11:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
06 C55, 09 E350
from what I heard vediamo uses a modified mux and most people are not willing to hack their expensive equipment to use it
Old 04-10-2015, 03:40 AM

GLK 250 2012, C200 2012
why does "hack" mean? no need to use vediamo software ?
Old 07-09-2015, 05:53 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
W203
Originally Posted by JonMBZ
from what I heard vediamo uses a modified mux and most people are not willing to hack their expensive equipment to use it

As I know to use Vediamo with any mux NO NEED to change anything.
But like Vediamo or better its DTS Moanco.
Who wants more information just ask here or in PM.

BR
Old 07-17-2015, 01:47 AM

GLK 250 2012, C200 2012
so i wonder is it possible to get Vediamo software for free?
Old 07-17-2015, 02:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by EJ Lewis
so i wonder is it possible to get Vediamo software for free?
I have no affiliation or connection to the site and/or link in any way, shape or form, nor do I endorse software piracy. I am only answering your question so you don't have to wonder any longer. And, no, I have never downloaded it, so I don't know if it's in Russan, English, Swahili, full of viruses or perhaps just a Michael Jackson song that someone renamed.

http://forum.adact.ru/index.php?show...07#entry581535

Old 07-17-2015, 02:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by JonMBZ
No - it uses the standard SD Connect and C3 / C4 mux depending on the version. You may have to change the COM port as I think it uses COM2 (not COM1) by default.
Old 07-17-2015, 05:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
E55, SL63, ML550
Does this software work with the newest Xentry connect wireless units?
Old 07-20-2015, 03:23 AM

GLK 250 2012, C200 2012
quoted from dealer webpage
"NOTE: The Vediamo V05.00.05 can only work with MB SD Connect C4 diagnostic system, cannot used with our MB Star C3 multiplexer "
so yes, it should work with Xentry connect wireless unit only
Old 07-20-2015, 02:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V4 works with the (wired) C3 mux, and I don't know whether it would work with the C4. V5 is supposed to work with the (wireless) C4 mux only as EJ Lewis indicated (no personal experience).
Old 12-04-2021, 03:55 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2013 C63 P31 Sedan
I know this is an old thread, but figured I would chime in…

I am currently running factory C63 507 files on my 2013 C63 P31 sedan. This is possible only on certain variants of the M156.

It is important to distinguish between variant coding and programming. Variant coding affects the settings and parameters of a control module without*** altering the software itself. For example, it is within the variant coding of the ME97AMG module that tells an M156 whether the attached 722.9 is running a torque converter or multi clutch. These settings can be changed without modifying the software itself. That said, people should not mess around with variant coding unless they know what they are doing. Incorrect variant coding can be dangerous and cause significant damage.

Programming changes the software itself. The mappings etc that differentiate the p31 and 507 are at the software level. Only certain variants of the m156 motor will accept a flash to factory 507 software. Motors must have the revised p31 pkg internals and 722.9 MCT.

Since I have a 2013 P31, moving to 507 software was cake. I used dts Monaco (vediamo is its predecessor) and the process was done in 2 minutes. Variant coding stayed the same. Car behaves completely normal. Literally no bugs, hiccups, nothing. It’s factory software and performs exactly as such.

I passed CA smog a week ago and the 507 software passed as factory oem for my p31. Also, Xentry has no issues whatsoever with software when running diagnostics. Nor should it…my p31 motor variant is exactly the same as a 507.

All that said, Daimler wouldn’t be super stoked about somebody having 507 software on a p31 if they were looking at a big ticket warranty claim

Anyways, if people are interested, I can follow up with more specifics on motor variants, variant coding strings, and .CFF files.

The following users liked this post:
spider231 (01-29-2024)
Old 01-29-2022, 11:24 AM

E-63 AMG
Originally Posted by DearLeader
Anyways, if people are interested, I can follow up with more specifics on motor variants, variant coding strings, and .CFF files.
I would be very interested in learning more ... I have a passthrough system that is working fine for Xentry (which was all that I paid for). The package I bought from China included Monaco 8.14, however, I am having difficulty setting it up for my 2010 E63 AMG. I found the ODXProject directory in the xentry tree, but it does not appear to have a project for 212 (it has PKW_206 and PKW_213 plus a lot of others).

Any suggestions on the file to use?

Thanks, ATG
Old 02-04-2022, 01:24 AM
PTG
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 99 Likes on 39 Posts
AMG
If anyone is interested in swapping to the 507 edition software, our Verstand software is capable of changing software versions. We do this often for all 66mhz ME9.7 equipped ECU’s. It is the basis for the tunes we provide to customers with M156 powered AMG’s.

Some prerequisites to running the 507 edition software are:

ECU must be 66mhz or 4mb data size. Pretty much alll 2012+ C63 among many others fall into this.

If you plan on running this software without any SCN coding, you have to properly calibrate the pedal tables. We include this with our tuning so you don’t have issues.

It’s thats easy and we’ve been doing this for many years. Our software is very easy to use and among the only software capable of changing software versions to suit your needs. Not to mention, it can flash a tune in under 25 seconds.
Old 01-29-2024, 08:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63 2012 Coupe
Originally Posted by DearLeader
I know this is an old thread, but figured I would chime in…

I am currently running factory C63 507 files on my 2013 C63 P31 sedan. This is possible only on certain variants of the M156.

It is important to distinguish between variant coding and programming. Variant coding affects the settings and parameters of a control module without*** altering the software itself. For example, it is within the variant coding of the ME97AMG module that tells an M156 whether the attached 722.9 is running a torque converter or multi clutch. These settings can be changed without modifying the software itself. That said, people should not mess around with variant coding unless they know what they are doing. Incorrect variant coding can be dangerous and cause significant damage.

Programming changes the software itself. The mappings etc that differentiate the p31 and 507 are at the software level. Only certain variants of the m156 motor will accept a flash to factory 507 software. Motors must have the revised p31 pkg internals and 722.9 MCT.

Since I have a 2013 P31, moving to 507 software was cake. I used dts Monaco (vediamo is its predecessor) and the process was done in 2 minutes. Variant coding stayed the same. Car behaves completely normal. Literally no bugs, hiccups, nothing. It’s factory software and performs exactly as such.

I passed CA smog a week ago and the 507 software passed as factory oem for my p31. Also, Xentry has no issues whatsoever with software when running diagnostics. Nor should it…my p31 motor variant is exactly the same as a 507.

All that said, Daimler wouldn’t be super stoked about somebody having 507 software on a p31 if they were looking at a big ticket warranty claim

Hello,

I have a C63 W204 from 2012, version 457ps, I would like to upload a map using Vediamo from the Black Series 517 ps version or 507ps , the most late software, can anyone tell me what software number will be appropriate from Vediamodata ?

Data Xentry:

Hardware 000 901 17 00
Software 000 902 37 05
Software 000 903 92 00
15/37
Variant M156_VC19S21
Version data 8k19S21AE001D

Data read from Flex

Software 517949