C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

Biggest Power producing brands (exhaust, tune)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-20-2014, 09:28 PM

Received 184 Likes on 141 Posts
/////PRO
Biggest Power producing brands (exhaust, tune)

Lots of searching and reading as of late around here, looking for some thoughts around the following:

For now my interest is to stay naturally aspirated and pretty smooth drive ability wise.

Would like brands/products to maximize gains keeping the above in mind, however Happy to sacrifice some of the smooth drive ability if the power/torque increase is there to be had with one product over another.

Looking to do ROW air boxes and high flow filters, seems basic enough without seeing much bigger gains from other intake set ups?

Exhaust-love some thought. Many options. Doesn't seem like the axle-back, resonator back portion of stock system really needs to be swapped out. Is that accurate? Seems like all the increase is to be had from headers, mid pipe, and x-pipe. I could care less about having cats.

Tune-Eurocharged, Weistec, and OE seem to be the popular proven ones. Any one work best with the mods listed above? Any one closer to stock smoothness while not sacrificing power vs the others?
Only thing here I seem to see as a big differentiator is Eurocharged has handheld programmer capable of instantly loading "stock" tune if needed.

Looking forward to some thoughts and experiences!

Last edited by dlefty; 12-20-2014 at 09:37 PM. Reason: Addition
Old 12-20-2014, 11:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 407 Likes on 289 Posts
'10 C63
Yeah. All that sounds about right. OE and EC both have the handheld programmer. I have the EC tune and I love it. Great customer service. And they offer free upgrades (add headers, they give you a tune. They update the tune, currently v5, and you get the new version). You can't really go wrong with any of those 3 tuners, but Weistec you will have to send them the ecu.
Old 12-21-2014, 01:25 AM

Received 55 Likes on 22 Posts
2008 MB C350 4MATIC/2011 CL63 AMG/2014 C63 Coupe 507
Go with Eurocharged. Awesome bunch and reasonable pricing. Try to NOT ship out your ecu to any companies. If shipped, the ECU is taken apart and tuned, re-sealed back to its original state..however, it doesn't ALWAYS re-seal the way it should. A $30 dealer engine-bay wash will cause a $3200 ECU replacement (for the C350 atleast..). Had the 350 ecu shipped to Speedriven. No problem at all. After few years decided to get the dealer engine bay wash. Well, water got in, and the car was f*cked. They noticed the ECU had been removed/taken apart (I believe they noticed from the silicone/sealant) not re-sealed properly.... Therefore try to go to the tuners on-site, they will just plug it into your car from under the steering wheel. If you do ship it out, do NOT let any spec of water get to your ECU..