C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

Carbon Fiber Air Box

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-04-2015, 02:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2015 E63 S model
Carbon Fiber Air Box

I am newbie, can you guys point me to past links on Carbon Fiber Air Box options, value, etc...
Old 01-04-2015, 05:30 PM

2011 C63 AMG P31
Honestly, they are a waste of money. Unless you really want to decorate under the hood.

That being said, Revo makes a nice looking setup.

http://www.revozport.com/c63/carbon-...on-system.html
Old 01-04-2015, 06:38 PM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
'09 C63
They're not entirely useless. There's benefit with them using a blower/supercharger.

Other brands for CF airboxes are Carbonio and Gruppe. Renntech makes a pretty good one, but costs a pretty penny.
Old 01-04-2015, 06:45 PM

2011 C63 AMG P31
Originally Posted by tfthach13
They're not entirely useless. There's benefit with them using a blower/supercharger.

Other brands for CF airboxes are Carbonio and Gruppe. Renntech makes a pretty good one, but costs a pretty penny.
This is very true.

My worry would be yellowing/cracking from heat. I've seen 335i's wreck them in a matter of months.
Old 01-04-2015, 06:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2010 C63 P30
Originally Posted by tfthach13

Those three brands have some benefit as they increase the air intake volume, but there is a BIG price to pay for that

As to just run of the mill carbon fiber replacement air boxes, its just eye candy
Old 01-04-2015, 07:48 PM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
2018 AMG E63s
you might want to consider a rest of world airbox (if you're in the US), which allows a delete of the charcoal filters and also has a different airbox layout. Not cheap, but a lot cheaper than CF. As you can see there is some debate over what sort of value these things bring...
Old 01-04-2015, 07:57 PM

2011 C63 AMG P31
Originally Posted by jcfay
you might want to consider a rest of world airbox (if you're in the US), which allows a delete of the charcoal filters and also has a different airbox layout. Not cheap, but a lot cheaper than CF. As you can see there is some debate over what sort of value these things bring...
Those as well are debatable.

You can mod your OEM boxes into a semi-ROW configuration. Airboxes in this car are really not a chokehold. The OEM twin filter setup is. Charcoal delete + K&N filters is fine for almost all applications.
Old 01-05-2015, 10:05 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 369 Likes on 184 Posts
C63 AMG
My take on the Renntech intake below, with Dyno results.

Im skeptical on the intakes as well, but to my surprise they made a few ponies.

https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w...ke-review.html
Old 01-05-2015, 10:41 PM

2015 E63 S model
Thanks guys!. I am going with Charcoal delete and K&N's. Easy and cost effective.
Old 01-05-2015, 10:59 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
C63
My honest take on air boxes is... If you do not plan to track the car or try for record times at the drag strip then don't bother. I personally am looking into purchasing the renntech box since I will be staying NA and would like every possible bolt for this car. And, the carbino air box does nothing for performance. The renntech box is bar none the best you could get. No question about it. And, honest truth, the row air box is a bunch of bs. Just take out the charcoals and drop some afe dry filters and your ready to rock and roll.
Old 01-06-2015, 02:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63 AMG
The Renntech is the only box that makes power from what I understand. I have dyno tested it to confirm and gained roughly 7-9 WHP gains.

Petakii63 - I have almost all bolt ons available for the C63. Last 2 parts to the puzzle are the Larger throttle bodies and crank pulley (still debating on the crank pulley)

But All said and done, Im confident we can break 500WHP NA on these cars.

Originally Posted by Petakii63
My honest take on air boxes is... If you do not plan to track the car or try for record times at the drag strip then don't bother. I personally am looking into purchasing the renntech box since I will be staying NA and would like every possible bolt for this car. And, the carbino air box does nothing for performance. The renntech box is bar none the best you could get. No question about it. And, honest truth, the row air box is a bunch of bs. Just take out the charcoals and drop some afe dry filters and your ready to rock and roll.
Old 01-06-2015, 04:21 PM

C63
Originally Posted by Kriston
The Renntech is the only box that makes power from what I understand. I have dyno tested it to confirm and gained roughly 7-9 WHP gains.

Petakii63 - I have almost all bolt ons available for the C63. Last 2 parts to the puzzle are the Larger throttle bodies and crank pulley (still debating on the crank pulley)

But All said and done, Im confident we can break 500WHP NA on these cars.
To be honest, I think those renntech TBs are gonna hurt low end power... The stock 74 mm is more than enough.

But, I'm with you on the road to 500 whp on n/a setup! My car won't budge from 480 wheel right now. My next mod is the renntech box and after that throw on the eisenmann exhaust because this thing is too fricken loud lol. I'll be happy if I can get into the 490's... after that I'm forcing nitrous down its throat!
Old 01-06-2015, 04:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63 AMG
Im pegged at 470 WHP as of now. Even with cleaning up the tune I cant seem to get past this number.

I have the Eisenmann Race exhaust - But don't expect any power out of it. Its more for sound.

If you haven't deleted the secondary cats, that's worth a few ponies as well.

I have AP LTH's with 200 Cell cats, I know I can probably squeeze a few extra horses by removing the cats. But it gets too loud.

Good luck with your setup.. its almost identical to mine when you finish!

Originally Posted by Petakii63
To be honest, I think those renntech TBs are gonna hurt low end power... The stock 74 mm is more than enough.

But, I'm with you on the road to 500 whp on n/a setup! My car won't budge from 480 wheel right now. My next mod is the renntech box and after that throw on the eisenmann exhaust because this thing is too fricken loud lol. I'll be happy if I can get into the 490's... after that I'm forcing nitrous down its throat!
Old 01-06-2015, 04:53 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2013 C63 Amg
Originally Posted by Kriston
Im pegged at 470 WHP as of now. Even with cleaning up the tune I cant seem to get past this number.

I have the Eisenmann Race exhaust - But don't expect any power out of it. Its more for sound.

If you haven't deleted the secondary cats, that's worth a few ponies as well.

I have AP LTH's with 200 Cell cats, I know I can probably squeeze a few extra horses by removing the cats. But it gets too loud.

Good luck with your setup.. its almost identical to mine when you finish!
I would be curious if one go you high WHP N/A guys would PM me your type of mods and manufacture and brand of the mod. I'm curious because I want to stay N/A but also such almost every last reasonable pony out.
Old 01-06-2015, 04:58 PM

2011 C63 AMG P31
Originally Posted by Ihopaz
I would be curious if one go you high WHP N/A guys would PM me your type of mods and manufacture and brand of the mod. I'm curious because I want to stay N/A but also such almost every last reasonable pony out.
The beauty of this car, is it has a somewhat linear mod progression for NA power. If you'll notice, most people running NA setups have almost identical mods.

Scoop up some race gas Kris! When I was in AZ, I visited rawhide racetrack... There was a gas station nearby peddling 110 octane fuel. I was so tempted to put a few gallons in the E46 M3 we were driving. The sad part is, it hardly cost more then 94 in Canada if you converted the price to $/L.

Last edited by ToXicXxX; 01-06-2015 at 05:01 PM.
Old 01-06-2015, 05:13 PM

C63
Originally Posted by Ihopaz
Most guys are running tunes and headers. I'm running benzworks longtubes, castless midpipes, secondary cats replaced with an Xpipe. Stock cat back. Row air box with afe filters. 1 step colder NGK plugs. Running a custom OE Tune. For most people this set up is more than enough power for daily driving. But, the mod bug never goes away.
Old 01-06-2015, 05:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 370 Likes on 212 Posts
c63
^^ you guys can also go with the weistec heads package that will give you another 30-40 hp