C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

few questions on c63

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-28-2015, 12:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
c63 mct
few questions on c63

i just picked up a 2012 c63 with 5700 km on it but i need a few insight from the seniors here who is already experienced with this car.

1) i experienced some engine ticking on cold start and when i accelerate slightly maybe up to 2000 rpm. what is the cause with this problem ? is it normal

2) is it safe if i tune the car ? im thinking of eurocharged or oe tuning , like it wont blow up the motor right? hahaha, the car currently has a 2ndary cat delete (straight pipe ) and reso delete (straight pipe ) its sounds amazing btw

3)i live in a tropical country with sh*t fuel quality so what extra care do i need to maintain my car ? especially the engine part.

sorry for the long post ! a quick reply is will be much appreciated . thanks guys
Old 01-28-2015, 01:15 AM

2010 c63 (p31) w/LSD
1. normal
2. safe (provided you run a minimum 91 octane after tune, it goes from being recommended to required after a tune)
3. are there no big brands like 76, exxon, chevron, shell? As long as the gas is "Top tier" it really doesn't matter the brand just make sure it is certified Top tier that station sells and you should have no issues.
Old 01-28-2015, 01:26 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
'12 C63 Black Series, '12 ML350 BlueTech
1) ticking noise could be the lifters but then that noise goes away once the oil comes to temperature. But difficult to say without a sound clip
2) tuning the car is no problem as long as you choose a reputable tuner.
3) these cars are made to be driven in any part of the world. Nevertheless living in a humid country you might experience cooling issue since this is the achilis of the facelift C63. The MCT does no like heat. So you might experience limp mode if you drive your car hard. As well heat and humidity will tend to affect the performance of your engine (only noticeable if you track it or do a dyno pull). Bad gas doesn't help either.
Other than that I would recommend to do frequent oil change (every 5000 miles).
Welcome to the MB world!!!
Old 01-28-2015, 01:52 AM

c63 mct
thanks for the reply guys , yes there is shell v-power 95 here . how about the oil ? which brand and spec do u guys recommend ? because the last service this car got is back in 2014 january when its only 2300 km and the service b1 is due in 45 days . i checked the oil level yesterday and there were 2 red marks , which is the low indicator ?

so far the car is amazing but i really want to tune it but scared it will ruin the reliabilty , and also i still have warranty till 2017 .

as for the ticking noise it goes away after the engine is fully warmed up but at times there is this ticking noise when the car loses traction. the ticking seems to come from the rear of the car. have any1 experience this before?

thanks!
Old 01-28-2015, 04:32 AM

2010 c63 (p31) w/LSD
Exclamation

Don't take this wrong but the first post I didn't mind answering you to help out but your asking questions that are basic questions. Why don't you try searching the forum or bing / google it. Everything you are asking has been answered a hundred times. If you don't have time to search, I don't have time to answer.

Old 01-29-2015, 12:54 AM

c63 mct
i understand , i have been reading this forum . all my questions are cleared , only the ticking from the rear part of the car annoys me alot and i cant find anyone having the same problem .

thanks
Old 01-29-2015, 01:25 AM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
10 C63, 06 S65, 14 ML350, 95 S500
Originally Posted by 63xx
i understand , i have been reading this forum . all my questions are cleared , only the ticking from the rear part of the car annoys me alot and i cant find anyone having the same problem .

thanks
I get the ticking noise when my car sits for a long period of time but goes away when it warms up, apparently its normal on these motors. But thats on the motor, if your saying its in the rear/under maybe something to do with the custom exhaust setup hitting the body or something?

Many people on the forum have eurocharged, as do I. They send you a handheld tuner which you can switch between the tune and stock if you were to go to the dealership. Also when they update tunes you can ask them and they'll email you the updates. I am getting headers soon, So when Im ready I can ask them for a new tune optimized for the headers. highly recommended!