C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

Weistec ruins cars and refuse to take responsibility

Old 02-11-2015, 01:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
c63
Weistec ruins cars and refuse to take responsibility

About a year ago, I bought a weistec supercharged c63. Few months after that, the transmission blew out. That transmission went missing for two months when they said 3-4 weeks. That was strike one. I told them to retune the c63 but they insisted that it doesn't need a tune..
Two weekends after putting the transmission back in, one of my pistons blew. That was strike two. Weistec refused all responsibilities. So I ended up sending to eurocharged to have the engine rebuilt. Jerry from euro charged tuned my Ferrari and my cousins c63. We were both satisfied with it.
This time after putting my c63 back together, eurocharged couldn't get it into the third gear and the transmission blew out after a dyno run.
Unfortunately, they didn't have the equipment to rebuild the transmission so I had to send it back to eurocharged. Again they told me that it was my fault the transmission blew and charged me another 2k to rebuild it. I have owned the car for about over a year now and I've only driven it for about six months. All this because of Weistec.
While waiting for my c63 to finish it's rebuild, I met many others who say the same thing. There were a few weistec supercharged e55 owners telling me that their motor blew. Then I met the owner of a c63 black series and an sls black series. They both had their cars ruined by weistec. To all the weistec fans out there, sorry but these guys are unreliable and unprofessional. They tune the ECU way too lean just to get more power out of it causing the motor to blow.
Old 02-11-2015, 01:37 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 285 Likes on 183 Posts
10 C six trizzle
so who built the car originally and put it together? Sounds like you bought it second hand. Your story is kind of confusing, eurocharged rebuilt your engine and then the transmission blew up the dyno.... then you brought it back to eurocharged? So who was tuning it. Who installed the transmission and did they fill it properly? e55's blow up much easier because their engines really arent that strong - not to mention due to the age and maint. of them they are usually poor in poor shape to start with. Theres some holes in your story, and i've had nothing but great experiences with them. My car doesnt run lean, and when i pulled the engine apart to replace head bolts with studs there was no signs of running lean, knock or detonation having ever occurred. Having said that, i bought mine second hand which did have issues non of them wiestecs fault since they didnt do the build. They were very kind a helpful aiding me in diagnosing installation errors and getting it to run properly. It sucks your having problems and felt the need to start this thread.
Old 02-11-2015, 07:07 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts
2006 E55
I hate to see threads like this!
Old 02-11-2015, 07:43 AM
Banned

Received 69 Likes on 58 Posts
'16 C63-S
Old 02-11-2015, 08:05 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2012 C63 AMG Black Series
Was your car stage 3?
Old 02-11-2015, 08:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,572 Likes on 925 Posts
2010 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by - Guilty -
Will join ya lol...

Old 02-11-2015, 08:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
A V8
your last sentence is vague as ****, and proves you are a child.

there are two sides to every story, and i'm sure we'll have it soon.
Old 02-11-2015, 09:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2010 C63 P30
similar post blasted weistec before and when weistec and another party with knowledge of the problem posted it became very clear that there was no issues with weistec and in that instance it was the owner and the installer who were to blame, that may or may not be the case here but to open a thread blasting a company without facts to back it up is never a good way to handle a situation.
Old 02-11-2015, 09:23 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2010 C63 AMG, 2011 Mini Cooper (work)
I feel like the average level of maturity on this forum has dropped of significantly in the last year..... Multiple threads bashing companies with VERY long seeded reputations in the community. Of those threads, if i recall correctly, none of them ended up being the vendors fault. Mostly someone new to modding/being an adult that just has a temper tantrum when everything's not perfect.

I understand you're angry about this but before you go on here, where Weistec is known for their quality, be VERY VERY sure you're not talking out of your *** and have some concrete facts against the company.
Old 02-11-2015, 09:42 AM

C63 Weistec Supercharged
[QUOTE My car doesnt run lean, and when i pulled the engine apart to replace head bolts with studs there was no signs of running lean, knock or detonation having ever occurred. [/QUOTE]

Mine is stage 2..... Run for just over 10K miles now.
No issues with Transmission (Totally stock) and no issues with engine.

Any question i have had for Weistec they have replied promptly.

However, I can see how the OP could get frustrated if he has had nothing but problems with the car. I assume it must be stage 3 which they do recommend must have a bullet transmission.
Old 02-11-2015, 11:05 AM

c63
Yes mine is stage 3 and before you say I have no concrete evidence, I have emails to back it up and I have people who are in this similar situation. So before anyone of you guys bash this post have you guys ever had anything done by them? As in having them put the build together and not just having their products on your car?
Old 02-11-2015, 11:07 AM

c63
Originally Posted by solekeeper

Yes I hope weistec does come out and see this thread. I'm a child? Because I said that they tune cars too lean to get more power out of it and this causing the motor to blow? Can you explain the logic to that?
Old 02-11-2015, 11:09 AM

c63
Originally Posted by average joe
[QUOTE My car doesnt run lean, and when i pulled the engine apart to replace head bolts with studs there was no signs of running lean, knock or detonation having ever occurred.
Mine is stage 2..... Run for just over 10K miles now.
No issues with Transmission (Totally stock) and no issues with engine.

Any question i have had for Weistec they have replied promptly.

However, I can see how the OP could get frustrated if he has had nothing but problems with the car. I assume it must be stage 3 which they do recommend must have a bullet transmission.[/QUOTE]

It was the tune that caused the car to run lean. And also the fact that they didn't build the transmission properly the first time I sent it in.
Old 02-11-2015, 11:09 AM

c63
Originally Posted by deadfission
I feel like the average level of maturity on this forum has dropped of significantly in the last year..... Multiple threads bashing companies with VERY long seeded reputations in the community. Of those threads, if i recall correctly, none of them ended up being the vendors fault. Mostly someone new to modding/being an adult that just has a temper tantrum when everything's not perfect.

I understand you're angry about this but before you go on here, where Weistec is known for their quality, be VERY VERY sure you're not talking out of your *** and have some concrete facts against the company.
Thanks for your concern but I do have emails and even more to back it up.
Old 02-11-2015, 11:11 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Honda Metropolitan
Originally Posted by solekeeper

Actually there are three sides which is his, theirs and mine.
Old 02-11-2015, 11:21 AM

3-pointed star
After breaking two transmissions it sounds like you need a beefier transmission, I don't see how Weistec is at fault here though...
Old 02-11-2015, 11:45 AM

c63
Originally Posted by SL55_Forever
After breaking two transmissions it sounds like you need a beefier transmission, I don't see how Weistec is at fault here though...
So you don't think that they are at fault for making me pay 2k twice for the same transmission? The transmission was already stage 3 when I bought it. First time for maintenance I can handle that. but making me pay again for the same transmission after I only drove the car for two weekends and then blowing up isn't Weistec's fault?
Old 02-11-2015, 11:46 AM

c63
Originally Posted by Duc1098E500
Actually there are three sides which is his, theirs and mine.
What's your side of the story?
Old 02-11-2015, 11:50 AM

W204 C63 Bone Stock; E36 M3 Supercharged 400WHP; X5 parts eater
Originally Posted by GJHandoko
So you don't think that they are at fault for making me pay 2k twice for the same transmission? The transmission was already stage 3 when I bought it. First time for maintenance I can handle that. but making me pay again for the same transmission after I only drove the car for two weekends and then blowing up isn't Weistec's fault?
Do they not warranty services performed?
Old 02-11-2015, 11:54 AM

c63
Originally Posted by Gerry_M
Do they not warranty services performed?
Well when I called weistec, in Anthony's words "well we will only warranty it if we see that it's something we did but since we found non oem fluid in the transmission we can't warranty it" I used oem fluid the whole time and I have receipts to prove it.
Old 02-11-2015, 12:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 61 Likes on 52 Posts
Steel Grey Metallic C63!!
Well when I called weistec, in Anthony's words "well we will only warranty it if we see that it's something we did but since we found non oem fluid in the transmission we can't warranty it" I used oem fluid the whole time and I have receipts to prove it.
What did Weistec say when you informed them that you have the receipts to prove that you used OEM fluids?
Old 02-11-2015, 12:03 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1,883 Likes on 1,320 Posts
2014 E63S; AMS 100 octane ecu tune; edok tcu tune; BB intakes; dyno tuned
Sounds like weistec has some splainin' to do

Just cuz the op's initial post was a bit inflammatory doesn't mean he's wrong or that he didn't get screwed by weistec

He's got proof and is offering it up... That's a bit more than most people that come on here and bash vendors

3-pointed star
So did you buy a used Weistec S/C C63 or did you buy a used C63 and added the Wesitec S/C on afterwards?
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
'18 C63A Cabriolet
I just checked and my completely stock C63 runs perfect and is plenty fast.

c63
Originally Posted by I am Jeff
What did Weistec say when you informed them that you have the receipts to prove that you used OEM fluids?
They just kept insisting that they found non oem fluid and asked me to pay another 2k to fix it.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Weistec ruins cars and refuse to take responsibility