C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

Seriously Considering a C63

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-24-2015, 11:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Future C63
Seriously Considering a C63

hi all, new here from Valparaiso, Indiana. i'm also new to (driving a) Mercedes, and i'm considering a 2013 C63 AMG. i absolutely love the car, and i'm just trying to research as much as possible before i purchase one in mid to late summer and i would love to hear experiences from real owners.

first off, i'll list what i plan on doing to the car.
-Innotech Performance full exhaust
-Weistec Stage 3 Supercharger System
-722.9 MCT Bullet Proof Transmission (if needed)
-HRE FlowFormed FF01 finished in Satin Black with faint gold speckles.
-Pirelli P Zero tires

I would be going to Rennology Motor Sport INC in Oak Forest IL for at the least the iPE instillation because i am unsure if they will do all the Weistec stuff. can anyone comment on their reputation?

also, am i too power hungry?

what are the overall problems that people have been running into with MY14?

i am all for constructive criticism; you can call me an idiot as long as you give me a solid reason why. i look forward to hearing from you guys!
Old 02-24-2015, 12:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 46 Likes on 41 Posts
2012 C63 AMG Sedan
Those are some huge mods to just start out with. What do you currently drive? If it is something that doesn't have alot of power, I'd highly recommend keeping the car stock for at least a couple of months and getting a feel for it before basically doubling the power of the car.
Old 02-24-2015, 12:40 PM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Range Rover Sport, 2012 C63 Coupe P31
I think posts like this should require proof of the ability to purchase.

While we wait for you to post that, allow me to regal you with stories of the Aventador I may or not be purchasing.

I also want a 458 Italia but I don't like the tires that come on it. Should I take the wheels from my Veyron and put them on my McLaren?
Old 02-24-2015, 01:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
C63
why wait until mid to late summer?
Old 02-24-2015, 01:35 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2011 C63 P31
Originally Posted by unruin

While we wait for you to post that, allow me to regal you with stories of the Aventador I may or not be purchasing.

I also want a 458 Italia but I don't like the tires that come on it. Should I take the wheels from my Veyron and put them on my McLaren?

Haha agreed, doesn't pass the sniff test. Why drop Ferrari (insert super car of choice here) money on a modded non-warrenteed car and not just get the ferrari instead if the plan is to immediately drop the coin.
Old 02-24-2015, 01:59 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
C63 AMG

Lol
Old 02-24-2015, 07:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 846 Likes on 594 Posts
E63S | X5
Plans to buy a 2013 then spend just as much money on mods.

I'm going to go ahead and assume you're under the age of 25 with those ambitions.

But hey, good luck! Dont forget to add an OEM BS conversion kit to the list, it really would complete the car.
Old 02-24-2015, 08:43 PM

Received 35 Likes on 29 Posts
2012 C63 P31 sedan
No one with that kind of money would wait six months to buy a used version of an outgoing model and then drop another $40K on mods. I'm going to assume dreamy kid as a real troll would have to compare to c450 at some point.
Old 02-24-2015, 08:47 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2011 C63 P31
Originally Posted by PurpleHeartAMG
Plans to buy a 2013 then spend just as much money on mods.

I'm going to go ahead and assume you're under the age of 25 with those ambitions.

But hey, good luck! Dont forget to add an OEM BS conversion kit to the list, it really would complete the car.
Its funny how you look back on the evolution of what cars you desire and plan to own as you grow up and how those plans change as you mature.

my first car was a 1974 volvo station wagon that had 84hp on a good day. I painted it cherry red, limo tint with red neons underneath, and intentionally drilled holes in the muffler to make it louder (dad was not pleased..). I drove around using the P/A system I installed playing ice cream truck music and would rev the **** out of it at school,once to the point where it popped a radiator hose and everyone laughed at me. I would race my buddy on foot and do 0-60 trips in it with friends (we stopped counting after 30 seconds). I made it such a ridiculous car, someone actually stole it thinking it was valuable, the joke was on them. I then moved onto muscle cars, 74 chevy nova, then a 88 mustang gt fox body with a 306 long rod, then back to a 68 nova with a built custom engine I did with my dad. all of these cars had no cats and unrestricted flowmasters. I loved the noise but every gf I had hated my cars and always said "it smells like gas..." I then moved to a tricked out silverado that I ended up spending all of my stock investment money on a sound system (Smart Jimbo, REAALL Smart) that was just utterly ridiculous looking back on it now, I think i even have a loss in hearing in one ear from it.

During that time, when I was 16, my dream was to build the supra from fast and the furious, but black. In my "old age," 10 years later, it funny how things change. I feel lucky to be on the young side to own such an amazing car, but every modification I do now, I question why... what are the implications? broken parts? warranty? depreciation?

I guess the muscle car exhaust fad stayed 10 year later, I just went classier with my new beast to fool the ladies. Do I regret any of my previous choices? No. Would I like a weistec Stage 2 even today? Hell ya! But it becomes much more obvious that as much as I love cars, some things are just financially stupid...no offense, and trust me theres a voice in my head that loves arguing with the financially smarter voice...Or i might just be schizo, verdict is still out.

What's my point in all of this? I dont even remember, many different life lessons here for me as I reflect, but thanks for taking my down memory lane with this post.
Old 02-24-2015, 08:58 PM

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
'16 CLS 63 S
Being from Indiana I can understand the wait until Midsummer. Right now the weather is awful. Like a nature enforced break in period plus the added horrible drivers with their POS worth $500 that is more likely to hit you than you are to lose control. Dealers also jack up the prices on performance cars in the Spring for those who buy as soon as the weather gets nice.

I also predict the price will drop more once the new model comes out. True he may be dropping some good money on mods, but if he has the will power to wait a couple months he may save a couple thousand or more. Money saved that can be spent on more mods.
Old 02-24-2015, 10:10 PM

Future C63
ah i can see there are two obvious types of AMG owners; the *****s and the normal considerate people. i find it very easy to laugh at the ignorance here but thanks for trying to rustle my jimmies

i have driven a Tesla Model S P85D, a C6 Zo6, and i used to own a '07 Saab 93 Aero that i completely built the engine to track. (please make fun of me for that too, that car would of gladly kept up with a stock C63 but that's moot)

yes, i will be waiting till mid summer as the prices will drop with the new C63 (which i think is hideous), and i will also be be moving as soon as the weather gets warmer. driving the car in the winter is not a concern for me as i will have a daily.

also, putting Veyron wheels on a McLaren is just silly, they won't fit

lastly, PLEASE find me a MY13 C63 for $30,000.

thanks to the people who were considerate!
Old 02-24-2015, 10:11 PM

Future C63
Originally Posted by edwardsflight33
Being from Indiana I can understand the wait until Midsummer. Right now the weather is awful. Like a nature enforced break in period plus the added horrible drivers with their POS worth $500 that is more likely to hit you than you are to lose control. Dealers also jack up the prices on performance cars in the Spring for those who buy as soon as the weather gets nice.

I also predict the price will drop more once the new model comes out. True he may be dropping some good money on mods, but if he has the will power to wait a couple months he may save a couple thousand or more. Money saved that can be spent on more mods.
what part of Indiana are you from?
Old 02-24-2015, 10:23 PM

Originally Posted by cjpoore
ah i can see there are two obvious types of AMG owners; the *****s and the normal considerate people. i find it very easy to laugh at the ignorance here but thanks for trying to rustle my jimmies

i have driven a Tesla Model S P85D, a C6 Zo6, and i used to own a '07 Saab 93 Aero that i completely built the engine to track. (please make fun of me for that too, that car would of gladly kept up with a stock C63 but that's moot)

yes, i will be waiting till mid summer as the prices will drop with the new C63 (which i think is hideous), and i will also be be moving as soon as the weather gets warmer. driving the car in the winter is not a concern for me as i will have a daily.

also, putting Veyron wheels on a McLaren is just silly, they won't fit

lastly, PLEASE find me a MY13 C63 for $30,000.

thanks to the people who were considerate!
You're welcome.
Old 02-24-2015, 10:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 846 Likes on 594 Posts
E63S | X5
i have driven a Tesla Model S P85D, a C6 Zo6, and i used to own a '07 Saab 93 Aero that i completely built the engine to track.
As in you did not own these vehicles, right?

I come from a similar place as you. Had a fully built 08 Sti hatch, switched into Euro's with big ambitions and blah blah blah. Just get the car and drive it for a while and avoid coming here to boast of $50k builds. Those of us who have been here for a long time have seen plenty of people come and go with such ambitions and nothing to show for it at the end of the day.

Seriously though, how does it sound to you? Someone joining a forum and first post is about buying a used car and putting more money into it than they bought it for? It really shouldn't be that much of a surprise you got this response. Not to mention the fact you invited it.

Come back to us when you have the car in hand as well as some parts on order and there are plenty of us here who can give you no BS advice.

On a final note, surely you've been on car forums before. With a saab build like that you get how it works so you should know this was coming.
Old 02-24-2015, 11:23 PM

Received 61 Likes on 44 Posts
2013 C63
damn mbworld be roasting today
Old 02-25-2015, 12:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 37 Likes on 36 Posts
Gallado Spyder / AMG C63S / Cayenne
Originally Posted by PurpleHeartAMG
As in you did not own these vehicles, right?

I come from a similar place as you. Had a fully built 08 Sti hatch, switched into Euro's with big ambitions and blah blah blah. Just get the car and drive it for a while and avoid coming here to boast of $50k builds. Those of us who have been here for a long time have seen plenty of people come and go with such ambitions and nothing to show for it at the end of the day.

Seriously though, how does it sound to you? Someone joining a forum and first post is about buying a used car and putting more money into it than they bought it for? It really shouldn't be that much of a surprise you got this response. Not to mention the fact you invited it.

Come back to us when you have the car in hand as well as some parts on order and there are plenty of us here who can give you no BS advice.

On a final note, surely you've been on car forums before. With a saab build like that you get how it works so you should know this was coming.

wordddddd ... !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !
Old 02-25-2015, 01:33 AM

09c63
someone should make a thread about everyone's first car lol
Old 02-25-2015, 03:51 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 401 Likes on 279 Posts
W463 G550 / C190 GTC //prev: W204 C63 507 / R170
2013 C63 for $30K?!
No way.
Factor 50% depreciation after 4 years as a rule of thumb.
Old 02-25-2015, 10:50 AM

Future C63
Originally Posted by Surge
2013 C63 for $30K?!
No way.
Factor 50% depreciation after 4 years as a rule of thumb.
well of course "no way". everyone here is claiming that I'm going to be buying a '13 for 30k and then put 30k into the car. did I say "hey guys as soon as I buy this car it's off to Weistec to became the fastest car in the world"??? also, I was not boasting, I am looking for experienced owners opinions, sorry if my build offends you.

I can see this is not the place for help, but I will post pictures when I get the car and enjoy my build my self. thanks again guys.
Old 02-25-2015, 10:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
A V8
Originally Posted by SaphGreyC63
Those are some huge mods to just start out with. What do you currently drive? If it is something that doesn't have alot of power, I'd highly recommend keeping the car stock for at least a couple of months and getting a feel for it before basically doubling the power of the car.

sounds like OP wants to go ***** out. I like it.

I'll sell my you my silver/black 13' sedan with 21k for the right price. pm me

Last edited by solekeeper; 02-25-2015 at 10:55 AM.
Old 02-25-2015, 11:38 AM

well of course "no way". everyone here is claiming that I'm going to be buying a '13 for 30k and then put 30k into the car. did I say "hey guys as soon as I buy this car it's off to Weistec to became the fastest car in the world"??? also, I was not boasting, I am looking for experienced owners opinions, sorry if my build offends you.

I can see this is not the place for help, but I will post pictures when I get the car and enjoy my build my self. thanks again guys.
Is that you at the bottom right? Please confirm.

Old 02-25-2015, 12:08 PM

Received 37 Likes on 27 Posts
2019 E63s
Maybe OP is Justin Bieber........
Old 02-25-2015, 12:37 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 169 Likes on 118 Posts
E90 M3, F80 M3, C63 507, F90 M5
We have ours listed for trade! 12' sedan shoot me a PM if you would like more info
Old 02-25-2015, 03:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 396 Likes on 275 Posts
'13 C63 AMG P31
Who the hell wouldn't want to be a sprinkled frosted donut!! But finding a 2013 C63 for $30,000 will be extremely rare/impossible...unless it has 100k miles. Best of luck though OP and hope to see another post from you within a couple of months

Is that you at the bottom right? Please confirm.

Old 02-25-2015, 04:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2,810 Likes on 1,664 Posts
2012 P31 C63 Coupe Trackrat, 2019 GLE63S Coupe Beast
$30k? Impossible. There are *2* FL cars in the country under $40k right now. Good luck with that.

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-s...bar=true&Log=0

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Seriously Considering a C63