C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

Bushes! My car feels ragged :D

Old 02-26-2015, 07:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63 Estate
Bushes! My car feels ragged :D

Hi all,

Just getting my Wagon Eurocharged and removing the primary cats.

They took me out in their 800hp Weistec c63.

One thing I noticed, obviously that's it's stupid quick, was how tight the car is, how mine use to feel before I drifted the nuts out of it on tracks lol.

What's common bushes to look at on these? Mine feels like a wallowy bag of nails, especially at the rear. When I go over bumps a lot of side movement at the rear. Tyres are all brand new etc, gonna put a quaife in as my diff is buggered.

Any of you fine sirs replaced bushes? Car is on 40,000 miles.

Cheers all,

Monk
Old 02-26-2015, 08:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 61 Likes on 52 Posts
Steel Grey Metallic C63!!
If you've drifted the crap out of your car, the first thing I would look at is your shocks. Especially, if there is a pogo'ing effect in the rear. Have you considered getting a set of KW coilovers? That should flatten out the motion quite a bit.
Old 02-26-2015, 08:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2012 C63 AMG Black Series
Bushings dont last very long on the car! Especially if youre tracking. I am currently replacing on the Black Series because the rear bushings are finished.
Old 02-26-2015, 10:22 AM

C63 Estate
Forgot to mention just replaced my rear shocks as they were knackered! Car is much better now but not perfect. Car is a daily and London roads are not amazing so as much as I want KW's I gotta stick with standard.

Which bushes are you replacing bud?
Old 02-28-2015, 10:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 285 Likes on 183 Posts
10 C six trizzle
better question would be what tires are you using and last time you had it aligned. I've driven plenty of c63 with 80k miles, and sure they are loose on the inside - rattles trim etc... but still feel great chassis/drivetrain wise.
Old 03-01-2015, 04:53 AM

C63 Estate
Running Michelin Pilot Super Sports all round, probably could do with alignment I haven't done since I've owned it, bought April 2014.

Would you recommend alignment at Merc or something a bit more tailored for track work?

Got exhaust work done the other day, straight through with V5 map managed 479 @ wheels probably 560 magazine bhp feels alive now. Need a custom oil cooler though oil temps gone through the roof getting up to 120 degrees c (248 f) pretty quickly on road, track won't last 5 minutes before limp dick mode activates
Old 03-01-2015, 09:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 285 Likes on 183 Posts
10 C six trizzle
the factory alignment specs are pretty aggressive, alot of people take out some of the rear toe in which will make it drive differently on the track. It's up to you, if you've got some badass race shop that knows what they are doing, other wise go to the dealer and tell them to check all the suspension over. Sometimes the sway bar end links tear, front torque strut bushings blow out the hydaulic fluid but it's probably more of an alignment issue than anything.