C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

Has anyone dropped their headliner?

Old 03-04-2015, 03:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
A V8
Has anyone dropped their headliner?

I was going to drop my car off tommorow to have the roof wrapped, until the guy threw a curveball. he said the antenna needs to be removed, thus the headliner needs to be dropped. I wasnt too pleased with this, as i don't want any long term issues with the headliner down the road.. has anyone done it? the one mod i really wanted to do has been crushed, to a pulp. lol
Old 03-04-2015, 03:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 42 Likes on 36 Posts
C63 AMG
I've temoved one, it just pulls down. I wouldn't want to **** with it, you can crinkle the cardboard.
Old 03-04-2015, 04:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 381 Likes on 237 Posts
2010 Irridium Silver MB C63 AMG Sedan
Just tell him to cut around the antenna....if he know what he is doing and they are any good, they should be able to work around the antenna...

Don't drop the headliner...
Old 03-04-2015, 05:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

A V8
thanks guys. he said just the rear piece needs to be dropped.. but still not feeling it.

i will call back and ask him if they can cut around it, i wouldn't mind if it's a little off or something.. nobody is really going to see it up there anyway
Old 03-04-2015, 09:26 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
2011 C63 1998 ML430
Pop off rear dome light assembly from header lining. You can get to the torx bolt to remove antenna. Remove passenger rear c- pillar. Trim between backrest and body door seal passenger side remove as well. Disconnect wiring from seat are up to c-pillar. There's a few plastic hold downs to keep wiring in place. Tricky part is once wiring is loose and still connected in headliner area. Rear part of headliner is held up to roof by Velcro strips and two plastic fingers to roof body. Carefully bend headliner so fingers come out of roof body and seperate Velcro. Then unclip wire hold downs. Once wiring loose remove antenna with wires. Iv been doing it this way and never bent or kinked headliner what so ever. Removed 10-15 antennas this way. 1st time may take close to an hour this way...like said before see if can cut around antenna 1st to save time and your paitence.
Old 03-05-2015, 07:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

A V8
Originally Posted by AwdthisC63
Pop off rear dome light assembly from header lining. You can get to the torx bolt to remove antenna. Remove passenger rear c- pillar. Trim between backrest and body door seal passenger side remove as well. Disconnect wiring from seat are up to c-pillar. There's a few plastic hold downs to keep wiring in place. Tricky part is once wiring is loose and still connected in headliner area. Rear part of headliner is held up to roof by Velcro strips and two plastic fingers to roof body. Carefully bend headliner so fingers come out of roof body and seperate Velcro. Then unclip wire hold downs. Once wiring loose remove antenna with wires. Iv been doing it this way and never bent or kinked headliner what so ever. Removed 10-15 antennas this way. 1st time may take close to an hour this way...like said before see if can cut around antenna 1st to save time and your paitence.

sheesh, thanks for the writeup. i think i'll have them cut around it. i don't trust anyone doing that...
Old 03-05-2015, 07:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 C63 AMG
I had my roof wrapped not too long ago, they didn't even mention removing the antenna. They simply cut around it, like zephyr said if they know what they're doing that shouldn't be an issue at all.. if not go find another place thats willing to work around it.
Old 03-05-2015, 11:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

A V8
Originally Posted by MBSixt3
I had my roof wrapped not too long ago, they didn't even mention removing the antenna. They simply cut around it, like zephyr said if they know what they're doing that shouldn't be an issue at all.. if not go find another place thats willing to work around it.

interesting. thank you for your input.
Old 03-06-2015, 02:04 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts
This and that.
I had my roof wrapped and my guy never removed the antenna or dropped the headliner. He just cut around it and the guy is good at what he does. Take it to a better shop.
Old 03-06-2015, 07:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

A V8
for those of you who had the wrap cut around the antenna, do any of you have a pic? i'd like to see just how close they got to the antenna so i know what to expect.
Old 03-06-2015, 07:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts
This and that.
I will try to take some close ups and post later.